Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: N. Korea denies it's about to test missile.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
Gee, I just can't figure this one out. We KNOW for a fact that they have WMD's. Their country is run by a brutal dictator. Why didn't we invade them? What made Iraq a much more attractive target. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
I think maybe you might mean "put your finger IN it"
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #12
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
Gee, I just can't figure this one out. We KNOW for a fact that they have WMD's. Their country is run by a brutal dictator. Why didn't we invade them? What made Iraq a much more attractive target. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
Because at the time when we took about 5 hits from the terrorists and this came along and Saddam had been screwing around with the U.N. for about 12 years.

This had been a problem for us all through the Clinton years. Then Bush said enough was enough.
CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,056 Times in 2,604 Posts

wrong. how many iraqis were on that plane? nice to see bush come in as the, put his foot down, hero and save the day. it was his daddy who invaded iraq, establish targets and bases in the region, and promptly got voted out of office, after pulling out of iraq early, shooting his wad and declaring "mission accomplished". of course people would much rather focus on clinton when he pulled out early and shot his wad......

bush doesnt need to take action on n. korea cause he said they were in the "axis of evil" and them harsh words are enough action for this administration.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAH
Because at the time when we took about 5 hits from the terrorists and this came along and Saddam had been screwing around with the U.N. for about 12 years.

This had been a problem for us all through the Clinton years. Then Bush said enough was enough.
Hey I don't mean to jump on your case. But did you really have to post that picture of 911. I just get really upset anytime I see them pictures. I don't need to see pictures to remind me what happen on that tragic day. The people that died I will never forget and that day will live with me for the rest of my life.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

China doesn't want NK with nukes. Neither does Russia...in fact, the only Country on the planet that thinks NK and that crazy little ****ing weirdo leader of theirs having nukes is actually a good idea is NK.

Unlike in the Middle East where there are no real allies accept Israel (and they would have just killed all the Iraqi's and taken over), we have people on the Pacific Rim with our interests in mind.

If NK starts bombing us or our allies, who will be left to buy all the cheapshit Chinese chotchkies at Wal-Mart?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #16
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Hey I don't mean to jump on your case. But did you really have to post that picture of 911. I just get really upset anytime I see them pictures. I don't need to see pictures to remind me what happen on that tragic day. The people that died I will never forget and that day will live with me for the rest of my life.
It seems as though a lot of you forgot that day and need a little reminder. This is why we invaded countries where terrorists were harbored.

It is very important that we never forget.

Intelligence from 5 countries said Saddam had WMD and Congress voted on it. In fact, those bitching about fighting over there, are the same people who voted for it. Bush DID NOT make a unilateral decision.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #17
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAH
It seems as though a lot of you forgot that day and need a little reminder. This is why we invaded countries where terrorists were harbored.

It is very important that we never forget.

Intelligence from 5 countries said Saddam had WMD and Congress voted on it. In fact, those bitching about fighting over there, are the same people who voted for it. Bush DID NOT make a unilateral decision.
But alot of us don't need that reminder. I will never forget that day. The thing is we can track down and kill all the terrorists we want. But some other crazy idiot will pop up. We will never get rid of terrorizm all together. All we can do as a nation is prevent another 911.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:15 PM   #18
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
But alot of us don't need that reminder. I will never forget that day. The thing is we can track down and kill all the terrorists we want. But some other crazy idiot will pop up. We will never get rid of terrorizm all together. All we can do as a nation is prevent another 911.
If you think a lot of the people on the left, remember it, you are mistaken. By wanting to cut and run, they're saying we should just fight terrorists on our soil. Imagine those people building up arms and attack us when they want. Don't you know that 9/11 could become a small incident?

People better be reminded and stop the ACLU from not allowing pictures of 9/11 to be shown on TV. They use the same old excuse "Out of sight, out of mind." They're wrong. We better remember or it will be repeated.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #19
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAH
If you think a lot of the people on the left, remember it, you are mistaken. By wanting to cut and run, they're saying we should just fight terrorists on our soil. Imagine those people building up arms and attack us when they want. Don't you know that 9/11 could become a small incident?

People better be reminded and stop the ACLU from not allowing pictures of 9/11 to be shown on TV. They use the same old excuse "Out of sight, out of mind." They're wrong. We better remember or it will be repeated.
Well I'm not going to caught up in this left/right debate. I'm neither right/left. Both sides have their faults if you ask me. But I don't need to see pictures of 911 for me to remember what happen on that tragic day. Like I said we can hunt down and kill all the terrorists we want. But some other crazy low life piece of garbage will pop up. We will never rid the world of terrorizm completely. Thats a fact. All we can do is prevent it from happening on our soil again.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #20
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Quote:
Well I'm not going to caught up in this left/right debate. I'm neither right/left. Both sides have their faults if you ask me. But I don't need to see pictures of 911 for me to remember what happen on that tragic day. Like I said we can hunt down and kill all the terrorists we want. But some other crazy low life piece of garbage will pop up. We will never rid the world of terrorizm completely. Thats a fact. All we can do is prevent it from happening on our soil again.
Isn't that what Bush is trying to do?