Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default OLB Woodley questionable for Chiefs game

OLB Woodley questionable for Chiefs game

By Ralph N. Paulk
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 26, 2011

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley was limited in practice Friday, still not completely healed from a hamstring injury, during the Steelers' final preparation for Sunday night's game in Kansas City.

He spent part of the day in the trainer's room and was listed as questionable.

Linebacker James Harrison practiced sparingly but is among four players who are probable coming off the bye week. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, safety Troy Polamalu and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders all practices and are expected to play.

Woodley and Sanders haven't played since the Steelers defeated New England on Oct. 30. Unlike Woodley, Sanders is confident he'll play after his mother's death and a knee injury sidelined him nearly four weeks ago.

"I didn't feel any pain in my knee," said Sanders, who had five catches for 70 yards against New England. "I'm looking forward to getting back out there and helping us win.

"It's not hard to get back into it because it's something I look forward to. I'm starting to get my groove back, and I'm looking forward to getting back out there. I'm hoping to pick up where I left off after the Patriots game.

Linebacker Stevenson Sylvester and wide receiver Arnaz Battle are listed as questionable for Sunday.

>> Doug Legursky will replace Chris Kemoeatu at left guard, but he has mixed emotions about a move that signals concern about the Steelers' pass-blocking woes.

The Steelers have given up five sacks in two of the last three games.

"It's good to be able to contribute to a win," said Legursky, who missed four starts because of a toe injury. "I feel rejuvenated after sitting out with the injury. It helped me get my feet beneath me, and the bye week helped, too. We're ready to make this push toward the playoffs.

"It's a tough situation, because Kemoeatu is a heck of a player and always will be. We feel the offensive line has been playing well the last few weeks."

>> Nose tackle Casey Hampton said the Steelers have thought much about who the Chiefs will start at quarterback Pitt and West Allegheny product Tyler Palko or Kyle Orton, who Kansas City picked up off waivers earlier this week.

"Palko is a guy who hasn't played a lot, but they might have to scale back what they do offensively for either one of those guys," Hampton said. "So it might make it a little easier to prepare for them. They really can't run their entire offense with (Orton) in just a few days of practice."

>> Safety Ryan Clark figures the Chiefs' big receivers, rookie Jon Baldwin (Pitt) and Dwayne Bowe (48 catches), will be difficult to cover because of their size.

"It's going to be a big challenge keeping them from catching the ball," Clark said. "We have to play the ball well, but (Woodland Hills product) Steve Breaston is an inside threat who really makes the passing game go."

>> About a dozen youngsters from the Mel Blount Youth Home of Pennsylvania made an appearance at the Steelers' practice Friday along with the Steelers' former Pro Bowl cornerback

>> The Steelers and Chiefs have swapped wins in each of their last 10 meetings, with the Chiefs winning, 27-24 in overtime, two years ago.

Ralph N. Paulk can be reached at rpaulk@tribweb.com or 412-320-7923 .

Read more: OLB Woodley questionable for Chiefs game - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1eoxUh7zI
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: OLB Woodley questionable for Chiefs game

No need to play him. Rest him for the division game against Cincy coming up.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

I know he wants to play and we all want em to play but it would be better to just let him rest and not risk injuring himself more for possibly the playoffs...every game is important since were still chasing the ravens but Id rather him be healthy
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Everyone's talking about our lack of turnovers despite our winning record, but combine that with the fact that we rank 16th in sacks, and it starts to look a little bit more like we're playing with fire. I'd say we need Woodley out there as soon as possible playing across from Harrison.

That said, this game is as close to a gimme as we could ask for, and if he's going to sit out, he should do it now.