Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Ravens win, Suh kick highlight day

Ravens win, Suh kick highlight day
Friday, 25 November 2011 09:15
Written by Bob Smizik
http://communityvoices.sites.post-ga...-highlight-day

The Thanksgiving feast of NFL games provoked two items worthy of discussion: One play and one game.

The play, of course, was the one in which Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh was ejected for kicking an opponent. In a logic-defying post-game explanation, Suh maintained the kick was not intentional and he refused to apologize.

The game was the Baltimore victory over San Francisco, which was noteworthy by the Ravens win and the performance of the 49ers, a team that looms as the Steelers most difficult challenge the remainder of the season.

The Suh incident is of particular local interest because it will be interesting to see how the league handles the situation. Suh most certainly will be fined but will he be suspended?

Former head of NFL officials Mike Pereira, now an analyst for Fox Sports, wrote, ``The question won be if the NFL suspends Suh, but when, -- and for how man games.''

Steelers fans who have been critical of the league for its handling of discipline will be watching.

With the win, the Ravens moved their record to 8-3 and maintained the lead over the Steelers, who play the 49ers Dec. 19. The 49ers showed a stout defense, which could cause the Steelers some trouble, but a below-average offense that the Ravens stuffed continuously in a 16-6 victory.

The Steelers appear to have the offense and defense to handle the 49ers.

As matters stand now, neither the Steelers nor the Ravens should be an underdog the rest of the season but form does not always hold, as the Ravens, in particular, have shown this season.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Ravens win, Suh kick highlight day

Suh is a dirty player with a bad attitude. He continues to have issues with "unsportsman -like conduct" and it's not because of the new b*tch ass rules from the fuhrer goodell. The penalties/fines/ejections he has had would have been called 10 years ago. I was really hoping for the ratbirds to lose, that was one of there last real competitors. Although baltimore has been "laying eggs" against bad teams, I now think every game for us is a must win.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

That was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen in years. They stopped the Packers on 3rd down, which would've forced them to kick the FG and the Lions would still be in the game. The rest is history
Old 11-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Suh is a dirty player with a bad attitude. He continues to have issues with "unsportsman -like conduct" and it's not because of the new b*tch ass rules from the fuhrer goodell. The penalties/fines/ejections he has had would have been called 10 years ago. I was really hoping for the ratbirds to lose, that was one of there last real competitors. Although baltimore has been "laying eggs" against bad teams, I now think every game for us is a must win.
Everything you say is true. And not a team in the league would not jump at the chance to sign him if it did not break the bank.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,109 Times in 2,621 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
That was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen in years. They stopped the Packers on 3rd down, which would've forced them to kick the FG and the Lions would still be in the game. The rest is history
agree 100%, after that penalty, the first thing i said was 'game over'

you don't do stupid things like that against green bay and expect to win. especially a dumb penalty like that, total buzz kill for your own teammates i'd imagine, having a goal line stand for nothing
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,830 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Not to root for the Ravens, but to me, their defensive effort is yesterday's highlight. Not to say they stopped some explosive offense but Suggs and Ngata were beasts and the defense as a whole looked even better without Lewis in there if you ask me

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #7
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Ranen's win;
well, they beat us soundly twice in a row, I think that said a lot right there, sry to be the rain but,... 49'ers will win their division, and maybe a little more, but I think the Ravens convinced them (and anyone else, in their Division), that there is NO SB for them this year.
oh ya, about that Whining "HarBowl" ? suuuuure, along with the other purple sugar plums dancing in their heads. pffft -gimme a break ! -LoL.
Ha ha.

remebering the way Lambert used to piledrive someone head-first into the ground, even though the play was over by about 10 seconds -hehe, I think that was ok at the time, cause he always gave the guy a chance to belt him when he got up... but they never did.
But this girly-sissy-azzed kicking, and then running away by Suh, oh and then trying to deny it ?!
like wtf is that ? - a BIG BABY that's all he is. -(r)EJECT !
:)

Last edited by Kanata-Steeler; 11-27-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,138 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Suh is a dirty player with a bad attitude. He continues to have issues with "unsportsman -like conduct" and it's not because of the new b*tch ass rules from the fuhrer goodell. The penalties/fines/ejections he has had would have been called 10 years ago...
Well I guess Johnny Cash was right; life ain't easy for a boy named Suh.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Well I guess Johnny Cash was right; life ain't easy for a boy named Suh.
good one !
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote