Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489
Default A little curious

As to how many yards the Ratbirds have gained on offense from PI calls. If anyone could figure that out for me Is appreciate it. Personally I believe they have more yards from pass interference than Flacco has all year
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,582 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: A little curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LambertFan View Post
As to how many yards the Ratbirds have gained on offense from PI calls. If anyone could figure that out for me Is appreciate it. Personally I believe they have more yards from pass interference than Flacco has all year
Baltimore is number one in penalty yardage. They gain more penalty yardage in their favor than any team in the NFL at 74.1 yards a game average.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Baltimore is number one in penalty yardage. They gain more penalty yardage in their favor than any team in the NFL at 74.1 yards a game average.
Pass Interference wise, the Packers top the list in PI calls against opponets, with the Ravens slipping right in behind them at second. Don't know if that's reliable, but if it is, wow. All I can say is wow.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ds-per-penalty

Old 11-26-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
#1LambertFan
Starter

I hardly think that refs are unbiased seeing the range between 1st and 32nd in all of these categories. I also like how the autocorrect in my phone originally replaced refs with thiefs.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Football wise, This subject has been 2nd in conversation only to Ben and the offense in my family

It really is getting disgusting (and yes, more disgusting because it is the Rats) that these offenses are marching down the field on penalties. When you are waiting for the play action rollout by Flacco to set them up at the 5 via pass interference you know its getting bad. While their rookie WR, Smith, has been impressive, he (along with Boldin) have dropped a lot of balls and in crucial situations, have benefitted from the PI call that you know damn well we would hardly ever get.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. The game changing play should go to the guy who made the great catch/effort, not the team that got all the calls. The fact that they take forever, the WR complains with the "throw the flag" motion, and then the crowd gets into, until they finally make the call is hilarious. To me, you could improve the quality of the game, by automatically getting rid of the upstairs review of touchdowns and no pass interference penalties in the 4th quarter. This forces the judgement on the refs and favors the great play, not the call. Lift some of this tedious crap in the 4th quarter so it can be won by the players and, we would get a much more physical game. If a receiver beats a guy, he beats him - if a corner is much more physical and the receiver can't get a leg up over him, so be it. The game and the size of the elite WRs in general is in favor of them enough so make them really earn it when the game is on the line I say.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Knew it! not the average but def. the ranking! haha
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

If you count PI calls the packers basically complete every pass. The packers are goodell's new patriots. Rodgers is the new brady, crying like a bitch everytime he is touched, like in thursday's game. It's ridiculous, I have only watched a few packer games but it is obvious why they are undefeated. Don't get me wrong, they have a great offense, but their defense is horrible even though they have talent, and they would have lost a few if not for all the penalties, specifically PI. As for the ravens, goodell hates the Steelers and wants us to never win a SB again, so of course the ravens are going to be helped as much as possible, they are our biggest competition. Some may not believe it, but thats what it looks like.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

PI calls have been changing ball games a long time.

PI should be 10 yard penalty and auto first down. They should not get the ball at the spot of the foul.

Or they should have two types of PI calls INADVERTENT vs FLAGRANT.

Flagrant maybe at the spot of the foul, inadvertent not.

For the record I think the whole PI call is bullshit, I think all players have a right to go get the ball. If you are going to call it you should also be calling it against the Offense just as much because WR's are constantly pushing off or slapping down hands on a regular and consistent basis.

The Ravens and Packers are running a lot of passing plays that are using suden stop routes and over the shoulder catches that induce contact. There is no rule about that expect for a ref to call "passing interference". They have figure out that the refs are far more flag happy then ever before.

It is getting to the point that watching a football game you sit back waiting for the horrible calls that will change the out come of the game. That used to happen maybe 1 time a week in one game now it is happening every game multiple times a game.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Refs want to see the Ravens and Packers in the SuperBowl. But we'll make the trip just as soon as we crush the Ravens dreams in Baltimore, or at home, this January.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
#1LambertFan
Starter

Well when you look at the end of the 2nd quarter of Thursday nights game and watch that play in which Flacco was intercepted and they threw the flag for PI, you would clearly see the receiver trying to defend the ball but the corner made an excellent catch. No other contact was made. My suggestion: since every score is reviewed already the challenges are much less useful, they should allow coaches yo challenge the penalties.