Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers Notebook: Kansas City Chiefs' home is loud, intimidating

Steelers Notebook: Kansas City Chiefs' home is loud, intimidating
Saturday, November 26, 2011
By Sam Werner, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Farrior has played in 18 playoff games and three Super Bowls, not to mention the intimidating venues he encountered in college at Virginia.

Nothing, though, can compare to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City.

"It's probably, I would say, the loudest stadium I've ever played in," Farrior said.

"I mean those fans are awesome; they really come out. If you've never been there before, you see just a sea of red. It's an awesome sight, but it's very intimidating, it's a very tough place to play.

"They always play good at home, so we've got to be ready for that first punch."

The Steelers are 9-5 at Arrowhead Stadium, but haven't won there since 2001. They lost on their past two trips ('03 and '09), the first time the Steelers have lost back-to-back trips to Kansas City.

"It's pretty loud, but, if you want to be a championship team, you've got to be in those type of atmospheres and you can't worry about it," cornerback William Gay said.

The Chiefs are 2-3 at home this season, but their fans will be ready to go Sunday night, especially in the prime-time environment.

"It's loud," tight end Heath Miller said. "You just have to be in tune with the offensive game plan and communication and be prepared for a silent count if you have to use it."
No deja vu

The Steelers are hoping to avoid a repeat of their trip to Kansas City in '09, though the circumstances entering the game are similar.

That team traveled to Arrowhead with a 6-3 record, jumped to a 17-7 halftime lead, but couldn't hold on, falling, 27-24, in overtime.

The game ended up being the second of a five-game losing streak that cost the Steelers a playoff spot.

"It was a tough game," Miller said. "A lot of things didn't go our way, but that's a distant memory."
Reaction from Baltimore

A number of Steelers spent their Thanksgiving night watching division rival Baltimore beat San Francisco, 16-6. The win moved the Ravens a half game ahead of the Steelers in the AFC North standings.

"Ravens got the edge last night, I was a little bit disappointed about that," Farrior said.

"It was awesome to see a great defensive game for a change."

The Ravens also hold the tiebreaker over the Steelers by virtue of their sweep of the season series. Of course, the possibility remains that the teams could meet again in the postseason.

"I'd like to be in the playoffs," Farrior said. "If that means we've got to play Baltimore, then so be it."
Injury updates

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) is listed as questionable for the game in Kansas City. Woodley was limited in practice all week and has missed the past two games. He was injured in the third quarter of the 25-17 victory against the New England Patriots.

Linebacker James Harrison (back), safety Troy Polamalu (ribs), quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (right thumb) and receiver Emmanuel Sanders (knee) are listed as probably. Harrison was the only one of those four limited in practice Friday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11330...#ixzz1ep09lrKn
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Steelers Notebook: Kansas City Chiefs' home is loud, intimidating

So Harrison hurt his back again? I can't believe after a bye week we still have multiple star players probable/questionable. I know other teams have injuries too, but with us it's always key players. I was hoping that after the bye we would be healed up and ready for a run, but now we are having the same conversation about injuries already. I know the chiefs can beat us if we play down to them, but realistically we should beat them comfortably, maybe players shouldn't play hurt this game and just recover completely. Maybe that's a bad idea, I don't know, but the injuries have got to stop if we are going to win big.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,237 Times in 1,854 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Steelers Notebook: Kansas City Chiefs' home is loud, intimidating

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
So Harrison hurt his back again? I can't believe after a bye week we still have multiple star players probable/questionable. I know other teams have injuries too, but with us it's always key players. I was hoping that after the bye we would be healed up and ready for a run, but now we are having the same conversation about injuries already. I know the chiefs can beat us if we play down to them, but realistically we should beat them comfortably, maybe players shouldn't play hurt this game and just recover completely. Maybe that's a bad idea, I don't know, but the injuries have got to stop if we are going to win big.
He didn't hurt it. Any time he talks about his back hurting, it's usually just lingering effects. It's expected when you have had injuries like he has.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote