Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #11
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: Let 'em ride ... with helmets: Players' contracts should address basic protection

I agree with that fact he has millions on the line. But if its his choice to ride and risk the money thats his choice. I sat and was hoping ben would fall to the steelers when they drafted him. I'm a huge ben fan. But let him make his own selfish choices
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Let 'em ride ... with helmets: Players' contracts should address basic protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
I agree with that fact he has millions on the line. But if its his choice to ride and risk the money thats his choice. I sat and was hoping ben would fall to the steelers when they drafted him. I'm a huge ben fan. But let him make his own selfish choices
Dude I have watched Ben Roethlisberger since his college days. So i'm a huge Big Ben fan. I to wanted Ben to fall to us and more then glad he did. Ben has exceeded my expectations of him so far. A Super Bowl win in his second year. I thought Ben would lead us to a Super Bowl win in his career. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

Your right Ben has the right to make his own selfish choices. But I think thats unfair to the organization that drated him and gave his chance to play in the NFL. I also think it would be unfair to his teammates that are counting on him to lead this team. I'm not mad at Ben. Thats just how I feel.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Dude I have watched Ben Roethlisberger since his college days. So i'm a huge Big Ben fan. I to wanted Ben to fall to us and more then glad he did. Ben has exceeded my expectations of him so far. A Super Bowl win in his second year. I thought Ben would lead us to a Super Bowl win in his career. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

Your right Ben has the right to make his own selfish choices. But I think thats unfair to the organization that drated him and gave his chance to play in the NFL. I also think it would be unfair to his teammates that are counting on him to lead this team. I'm not mad at Ben. Thats just how I feel.
and i understand your point on this issue. But just think about this what if your boss at your job started telling you what you can and cannot due. Your fellow co workers depend on your just as much as bens teammates depend on you. I'm not saying heres the keys the busa benny show kellen up do wheelies and act as stupid as you want. All i'm saying is life is all about choices if his choice is to ride even after the accident let him ride. But I hope he slips the helmet on.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
and i understand your point on this issue. But just think about this what if your boss at your job started telling you what you can and cannot due. Your fellow co workers depend on your just as much as bens teammates depend on you. I'm not saying heres the keys the busa benny show kellen up do wheelies and act as stupid as you want. All i'm saying is life is all about choices if his choice is to ride even after the accident let him ride. But I hope he slips the helmet on.
Thats a good point. But I did have to give something up when I started working with my current employer three years ago. I used to smoke weed alot. But the company I work for gives their employees drug tests. So I stopped smoking weed. So really my company does tell if I can or can't do certain things. Granted smoking weed is illeagal and riding a motorcyle is not. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges. Maybe I should compare my situation to Ricky Williams. Sorry
Old 06-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #15
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Thats a good point. But I did have to give something up when I started working with my current employer three years ago. I used to smoke weed alot. But the company I work for gives their employees drug tests. So I stopped smoking weed. So really my company does tell if I can or can't do certain things. Granted smoking weed is illeagal and riding a motorcyle is not. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges. Maybe I should compare my situation to Ricky Williams. Sorry
thats a great post about the weed thing. But what you brought up was true about smoking weed is against the law riding a bike isnt. I'm not looking for a debate. I just want the steeler nation to remeber america is a free conntry and ben should ben able to make the same choices anybody else can make in life
Old 06-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #16
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
thats a great post about the weed thing. But what you brought up was true about smoking weed is against the law riding a bike isnt. I'm not looking for a debate. I just want the steeler nation to remeber america is a free conntry and ben should ben able to make the same choices anybody else can make in life
I hear you bro. I'm not saying your wrong. I'm also not saying I'm wrong. Lets face it if we all agree on everything this world would be a boring place to live. Its all good bro. We are Steelers fans and the Steelers are the champs. Life is good.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #17
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
For the record, riding a motorcycle without a license is illegal, so what Ben did was indeed breaking the law.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #18
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

ok thats a very good point too. But its not like he was being a felon or doing drugs or drinking and driving.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #19
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
For the record, riding a motorcycle without a license is illegal, so what Ben did was indeed breaking the law.
Thanks for correcting me on that. I forgot that Ben didn't have a license for the motorcycle. Sorry where was my brain. Its that damn weed I used to smoke.