Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Is anyone else dying for a playoff rematch against the Ratbirds?

I've heard from several people that I should be afraid if we play the Ravens again in January because they've beaten us twice this season, once in convincing fashion and once in dramatic fashion. The uneducated seem to believe that because of these two victories that the Ratbirds all of a sudden "have our number."

To which I say: HA! Is anyone here honestly afraid of playing them for a third time? Number one, I would be very, very, VERY surprised if Lebeau doesn't pull out a killer gameplan for that one having seen them twice already this season. Second, does anyone believe that our guys wouldn't have a Maryland-sized chip on their shoulder going into that game, whether it be (with any luck) at Heinz or at their place, to show the world who wears the pants in this rivalry? Third, plain and simple, they just ain't that good. Flacco sucks, as we all know, miraculous 92-yard drive not withstanding. Their defense is good, without a doubt, but ours is better, getting healthy, and hitting its stride. Other than the penalty-negated TD run, we neutralized Rice last time we played them.

And finally, our 3-0 playoff record against them ain't changing. We know who we are, we've been the best team in this league since 2005, and we own the Ratbirds, regardless of what our 0-2 record against them this season says. I would be chomping at the ****ing bit to get another crack at them in the Divisional round. That matchup would be a culmination of this blood feud, and I would love nothing more than to see our boys knock their purple queer asses back to where they belong. On the flip side, there's a chance I would break my neck headbutting a wall before that game, because I would be JACKED UP!!!!!!

Here's hoping 1) for a bye into the divisional round so we can wait for them in Pittsburgh, but if that doesn't work out 2) a cupcake wildcard game (looking like it's probably going to be at Oakland or a Schaub-less Houston, or Tennesee if the Texans blow it) that we could brush off before gearing up for the real deal. I would go so far as to say that if we do get the bye, I would be rooting for the Ravens to win in the wild-card round because we owe them a good ol'fashioned Terrible Towel whipping.

LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Is anyone else dying for a playoff rematch against the Ratbirds?

I didn't read the book, but I'll answer the question anyway...YES! Bring 'em on. Nothing would make me happier than to go into Baltimore and knock them out of the playoffs AGAIN!!
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19028

I heard some of these same reasons about why we couldn't beat you the second time.

Either way it would be the matchup of the playoffs that every football fan wants to see.

Good luck!
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,151 Times in 549 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I honestly won't feel satisfied if we make it to the Super Bowl unless we beat the Ratbirds at some point to get there.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,474 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

as long as we get our revenge on green bay then i could care less whether we run into baltimore again. but likely will.

the team i would rather beat in the playoffs is new england, they sent us home way too many times in the postseason and i been itching for revenge someday
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

It would more than likely be in the AFC TITLE game in January if we both take care of our business and baring an undefeated streak in us starting now and a 1 loss season for the Ravens, it'll likely be in Baltimore. I was DYING for the rematch once we got our ass kicked in week 1. Now that we BLEW a 4 point lead and let Joe Flaccid go down the field on us in a minute, I can't even THINK of what a rematch in the playoffs and us beating them would do to the spirits of Steelers Nation.

Lets take care of US and then: BRING 'EM ON!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
as long as we get our revenge on green bay then i could care less whether we run into baltimore again. but likely will.

the team i would rather beat in the playoffs is new england, they sent us home way too many times in the postseason and i been itching for revenge someday
Amen brotha. I've always said, the one thing I always wished we could do was go through the Patriots after they beat us at Heinz twice in 01 and 04. I was actually, not disappointed, but i guess a little bummed when they lost to the jets last year in the divisional round. i would've loved a crack at them, who knows, maybe we can beat both them and the ratbirds in consecutive rounds.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Highly unlikely, but the Ravens imploding and not making the playoffs would be sufficient for me.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,136 Times in 919 Posts

To be honest, I could do without the drama.

I'd settle for getting into the playoffs and running the table against whoever that may be and walking away with Trophy Number 7.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Hell yeah!!!!!! I think it's possible for us to win out and still get the division. I'd love to have Baltimore come back to Pittsburgh and get sent home in the playoffs. I'd rather do it in Baltimore honestly, but the best case scenario for us is winning the division and having them come to Pittsburgh.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote