Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,785 Times in 1,614 Posts
Default UPS...Drop and Run policy

i recently ordered a $ 750 laptop from the internet. i knew from the tracking it was going to be delivered today so i've been here waiting for the UPS guy to knock on the door. i just looked out the door, and there on the porch is my new $ 750 laptop for anybody to come along and pick the damn thing up !!!
if they knocked on the door it must have been a one finger tap at best. admittedly i've been upstairs most of the time , but my bedroom is exactly above the front door so hearing a knock isn't an issue.
what happened to the days when a signature was required for proof of delivery ?
did we eradicate crime and everybody has become honest all of the sudden ?
about 3 years ago i ordered a security cam ( no joke ) , which was delivered by the USPS supposedly but i'll be damned if i ever received it ! fortunately it didn't cost $ 750 f'n dollars.
hell i'd have rather had the option of picking it up at UPS then have the damn thing dropped off on my porch.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: UPS...Drop and Run policy

Yeah...FedEx basically does the same thing too. I didn't have a shipment of anything as expensive (we were waiting for our E-Cigs), and the FedEx guy pulled up (I heard him pull up so went outside to get the package), and I expected to have to sign for the package. He just walked up to me and asked "Delivery for Jonathon .....?" and I said yup, that's here, and he just handed it to me and ran back to the truck. I was actually shocked.

I've had more expensive packages just left at the door by UPS...and both times I was at home, they just never bothered to knock, or even come to the door. FedEx won't leave packages at the door, they'll leave a notice to come pick the package up...but I've been home before when they've left the notes. Just all around lazy. I'm glad it's not just me who's had this problem.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Yeah...FedEx basically does the same thing too. I didn't have a shipment of anything as expensive (we were waiting for our E-Cigs), and the FedEx guy pulled up (I heard him pull up so went outside to get the package), and I expected to have to sign for the package. He just walked up to me and asked "Delivery for Jonathon .....?" and I said yup, that's here, and he just handed it to me and ran back to the truck. I was actually shocked.

I've had more expensive packages just left at the door by UPS...and both times I was at home, they just never bothered to knock, or even come to the door. FedEx won't leave packages at the door, they'll leave a notice to come pick the package up...but I've been home before when they've left the notes. Just all around lazy. I'm glad it's not just me who's had this problem.
i may be wrong , but i think the signature requirement may be something the sender has to request. during the security cam "theft" , i went to the post office and bitched about it , thinking maybe they delivered to the wrong address ... they said there was no mistake on their part. i said "so then i'm just f'ed out of 50 bucks huh ?" , he said , "looks that way , take it up with the sender " ....
anywho , when i leave feedback at newegg.com , i'll definetly put my complaint in.

whats to stop the delivery men from delivering other peoples packages to their own house ?

*side note* .... i was very impressed with the speed of the transaction. i ordered it tuesday afternoon and recieved it 48 hours later ... never paid extra for quicker delivery.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i may be wrong , but i think the signature requirement may be something the sender has to request. during the security cam "theft" , i went to the post office and bitched about it , thinking maybe they delivered to the wrong address ... they said there was no mistake on their part. i said "so then i'm just f'ed out of 50 bucks huh ?" , he said , "looks that way , take it up with the sender " ....
anywho , when i leave feedback at newegg.com , i'll definetly put my complaint in.

whats to stop the delivery men from delivering other peoples packages to their own house ?

*side note* .... i was very impressed with the speed of the transaction. i ordered it tuesday afternoon and recieved it 48 hours later ... never paid extra for quicker delivery.
Was it NewEgg, by any chance. All around wonderfulness from them in my experience.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Was it NewEgg, by any chance. All around wonderfulness from them in my experience.
Quote:
pay attention rednevk

this is only my 2nd purchase from newegg.
my first was 2gb's memory. it was DOA. right after sticking it in the pc i ran mem test ..it failed. booted up the pc got the blue screen of death.
sent the memory back to newegg (at my expense) , they sent me 2 more...tested...failed...blue screen of death.
i swear they mailed me back the same faulty memory. failed the exact same part of memtest as the first did.
got an old non working pc from my brother that had the same mem in it... put the mem in my pc...worked fine.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
pay attention rednevk

this is only my 2nd purchase from newegg.
my first was 2gb's memory. it was DOA. right after sticking it in the pc i ran mem test ..it failed. booted up the pc got the blue screen of death.
sent the memory back to newegg (at my expense) , they sent me 2 more...tested...failed...blue screen of death.
i swear they mailed me back the same faulty memory. failed the exact same part of memtest as the first did.
got an old non working pc from my brother that had the same mem in it... put the mem in my pc...worked fine.
D'oh! Sorry, been sniffing glue again. That sucks, dude. Sorry.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19145

That's a load of crap on their part. Putting a whole new spin on "brown" these days, aren't they.

At least you got it.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #8
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Ive notice this myself that UPS drivers hardly ever knock on the door, hell they never even ring the door bell. I think the reason for not knocking and hangin by the door till the person answers is that this world has become so fast paced to the point that if (Doug Heffernin) doesnt get his load passed out by days end. He aint gonna have a job!. Also, the tracking system can be a real joke sometimes to, usually you get your item before the tracking shows up, thats one of my favorites.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote