Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #21
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: Holmes Released. Pleads Not Guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
There seems to be conflicting reports. One that the "alleged" victim wasn't harmed, the other saying she was. If Holmes did physically abuse her, then why, oh why, would she request he be released at the arraignment? If some guy abused me, there is no amount of money that would keep me from pressing charges, and I sure as hell wouldn't want him near me again. I just want to slap some of these women! Don't they have any respect for themselves? Guh!
"I just want to slap some of these women"

sometimes the funniest comments are the ones not intended to be funny.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #22
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
sometimes the funniest comments are the ones not intended to be funny.
You can be assured that I don't think women being abused by men is funny. And I also don't think making supposedly "witty" comments regarding someone's father who passed away when she is obviously in pain on Father's Day is funny either.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #23
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
You can be assured that I don't think women being abused by men is funny. And I also don't think making supposedly "witty" comments regarding someone's father who passed away when she is obviously in pain on Father's Day is funny either.
1. Saying "I just want to slap some of these women" in a story about women being abused? YOU, are the one making light of women being abused by men. What was funny was your comment. Sorry that you didnt like being called on it but dont do the classic tactic of hiding behind " i dont think its funny when...." WHEN I NEVER SAID IT WAS.

2. "regarding someones father who just died on fathers day..."
what are you talking about????????????????????
Old 06-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #24
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
1. Saying "I just want to slap some of these women" in a story about women being abused? YOU, are the one making light of women being abused by men. What was funny was your comment. Sorry that you didnt like being called on it but dont do the classic tactic of hiding behind " i dont think its funny when...." WHEN I NEVER SAID IT WAS.

2. "regarding someones father who just died on fathers day..."
what are you talking about????????????????????
1. Did you forget to take your medication today? I don't make light of women being abused by men. You can be assured of that. We're talking about a woman being possibly choked and beaten, not a girl who made a comment that a woman shouldn't take such abuse from a man and, thus, request that he be released at his arraignment. Maybe you should read up on some of the other threads regarding the issue w/Santonio. What part of that don't you understand? The Steelers boys around here may think your witty, but I don't. I think you have issues.

2. Go review the Father's Day thread. I hope you're happy w/the comment you made in that thread regarding Maidenarcher when she was obviously in pain. You simply have no compassion for anyone. It's such a shame when someone posts so much garbage that they can't even remember what they post.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:12 PM   #25
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
1. Did you forget to take your medication today? I don't make light of women being abused by men. You can be assured of that. We're talking about a woman being possibly choked and beaten, not a girl who made a comment that a woman shouldn't take such abuse from a man and, thus, request that he be released at his arraignment. Maybe you should read up on some of the other threads regarding the issue w/Santonio. What part of that don't you understand? The Steelers boys around here may think your witty, but I don't. I think you have issues.

2. Go review the Father's Day thread. I hope you're happy w/the comment you made in that thread regarding Maidenarcher when she was obviously in pain. You simply have no compassion for anyone. It's such a shame when someone posts so much garbage that they can't even remember what they post.

i'll address #2 first. You are absolutly right. I just reviewed it and came to the painful realization that i never read her post, i just saw that quote and let the wisecrack fly. of all the times not to read first.... that looked awful on my part and i wrote an apology on the thread that i am sincere about as having just lost my own mother, i would be last person to knwingly do or say such a thing.
Thank you for pointing out to be what i did, i honestly never would have known.

as far as #1 huh????? Why cant you see that say "I just want to slap these women" is the most ridiculous (and insensitive) thing YOU could say?

but, oh well......whatever.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #26
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
as far as #1 huh????? Why cant you see that say "I just want to slap these women" is the most ridiculous (and insensitive) thing YOU could say?

but, oh well......whatever.
Whatever? Let me explain it to you because you simply don't get it. My statement was not meant to be taken literally. I think that is quite clear to probably everyone but you, but my guess is you thought you were being just so darn witty. I think any woman who is abused by a man should press charges immediately, not request his release at arraignment because she wants him for his money, if in fact that's the case in this instance, and I'm not saying it is or isn't because I don't yet have all the facts. However, men who are abusers usually don't stop if they know they can continue to get away with it. Do I feel badly for Santonio's woman if she was, in fact, abused by him? Of course I do. Do I think she made a bonehead move by requesting his release at arraignment if he did indeed abuse her? Of course I do. And if she did it because of his money, I pray to God that she doesn't have it happen to her again and the beating, choking, etc., results in a far worse scenario than happened yesterday.

I suggest you start reading posts thoroughly before you post a reply. It just proves how much BS you feel the need to post, and I think even Suit said something to you about it not too long ago.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:34 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,006 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote:
I just want to slap some of these women! Don't they have any respect for themselves? Guh!
yeah i wann a slap some of these women too

oh wait..... maybe i'll just go out and purchase a santonio holmes jersey.

unfortunately, these girls filing charges and then retracting them is the rule rather than the exception. its a neverending cycle that usually results in the girl being seriously harmed or dead before they learn their lesson.

in the case of holmes though, im not ready to call him o.j. simpson like most seem to think he is. it dont matter though. the fans have turned on him and he is ruined. i just hope its like very few others have said..... a money hungry baby's momma who is trying to manipulate the system and cash in on her horny ex's newfound wealth (even though he hasnt even signed a contract yet, but plenty of loan sharks have stuffed his pockets).
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #28
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
yeah i wann a slap some of these women too
Why am I not surprised.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #29
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
Whatever? Let me explain it to you because you simply don't get it. My statement was not meant to be taken literally. I think that is quite clear to probably everyone but you, but my guess is you thought you were being just so darn witty. I think any woman who is abused by a man should press charges immediately, not request his release at arraignment because she wants him for his money, if in fact that's the case in this instance, and I'm not saying it is or isn't because I don't yet have all the facts. However, men who are abusers usually don't stop if they know they can continue to get away with it. Do I feel badly for Santonio's woman if she was, in fact, abused by him? Of course I do. Do I think she made a bonehead move by requesting his release at arraignment if he did indeed abuse her? Of course I do. And if she did it because of his money, I pray to God that she doesn't have it happen to her again and the beating, choking, etc., results in a far worse scenario than happened yesterday.

I suggest you start reading posts thoroughly before you post a reply. It just proves how much BS you feel the need to post, and I think even Suit said something to you about it not too long ago.

UGH! I HAVE read it. I GET what your post was about. That doesnt respond at all to you making that ridiculous "I want to slap these women.." comment. I get that you dont "really" want to do it. but in a thread regarding women getting slapped around dont you have enough security in yourself to admit you made a slipup?
you are so quick to judge everybody else for their screwups. most normal people can laugh at themselves or admit when they mess up and be humble enough to apologize for it.
And dont bring a third person into this. That was a long time ago, i have been cool with that person, and its a real immature, high school girl tactic to hide behind "well, HE said.." when you are feeling a little unsure of yourself.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,006 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote:
Why am I not surprised.
i dont know. why arent you suprised?

after all it was you who said they wanted to slap a woman in a domestic violence thread wasnt it?

tsk tsk tsk.... lol!

i, on the other hand, (no pun intended) dont take such matters so lightly.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote