Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 AM   #41
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: Holmes Released. Pleads Not Guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
" and still think a statement not to be taken literally was funny"

well, if its not meant to be taken literally, and its not meant to be funny, what the %^&
IS it meant as, genius?!?
Do you think it was a funny statement? Do you think I meant it literally? You just said a few posts ago that you knew I didn't mean it literally. Let me explain it to you. It's simply no more than a statement that women make about other women who do dumb stuff like requesting alleged abusers to be released at their arraignment. I wouldn't expect you to understand (although I'm sure you do, but you and your boytoy had nothing better to do this evening), but I can assure you that some on this board do because I just got off the phone with one and we had a good 'ol laugh at you. Really! Poor 3 to be 4. Couldn't keep his mouth shut and tried to be witty yet again, but then it backfired and got called on it. Too bad I called you both out on it in return. Maybe you'll get that big 'ol rep later on today.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:31 AM   #42
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

It's sad to say but the Domestic violence charge against Holmes will probably be dismissed in a few months from now due to lack of cooperation from the victim.
It won't make me feel any better about him. I've had my fill of Holmes letdowns and I'm embarassed to say that he's part of the team that I support. Domestic violence is one of the worst black eyes that an NFL player and/or organization can have. I don't see how the Steelers will be able to support Holmes after the media and womens/victims rights advocates beat the incident to death. It's a nasty, nasty situation.

I was excited as h e l l when we drafted Holmes but I now have a certain feeling about him that we're all familiar with. Immediately after the draft I felt the same as I have on a few occasions when sitting down at my favorite restaurant while eating my favorite dish. The 1st few bites are delicious and I'm thinking how good the food is and what a great selection that I've chosen from the menu. And then all of a sudden I take another bite and feel a HAIR in my mouth. YUCK, SPIT, SPIT! What was so good just moments ago isn't looking so good anymore. I want nothing more to do with the meal or it's origin ever again. That's how I feel about Holmes today.

Here's the local Columbus, Ohio news link of Santonio's arrest.
http://www.wbns10tv.com/
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #43
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Do you think it was a funny statement? Do you think I meant it literally? You just said a few posts ago that you knew I didn't mean it literally. Let me explain it to you. It's simply no more than a statement that women make about other women who do dumb stuff like requesting alleged abusers to be released at their arraignment. I wouldn't expect you to understand (although I'm sure you do, but you and your boytoy had nothing better to do this evening), but I can assure you that some on this board do because I just got off the phone with one and we had a good 'ol laugh at you. Really! Poor 3 to be 4. Couldn't keep his mouth shut and tried to be witty yet again, but then it backfired and got called on it. Too bad I called you both out on it in return. Maybe you'll get that big 'ol rep later on today.
maybe its a part of your brain that just doesnt work. how many times do i have to say i know you didnt mean it literally?
I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN IT LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you've made it clear that you didnt mean for it to be funny. I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN FOR IT TO BE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and no, I DONT THINK DOMESTIC IOLENCE IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, finally, lets go to the 4th part of the dynamic you miss over and over and over

I FOUND WHAT YOU SAID, NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, BUT WHAT YOU SAID, TO BE FUNNY.
NOT THAT YOU FOUND IT FUNNY, NOT THAT YOU CONDONE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, NOT THAT I FIND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO BE FUNNY,
BUT WHAT YOU SAID..WAS FUNNY AND IRONIC, OK??????

DO WE GET IT NOW?????????

MAN, you're going to make some guy very happy.

it has to be a men are from mars women are from venus thing. must be.....no other explanation for it.......

as far as your immature side comments, does that mean you have lesbian relationships with the girls who agree with your posts?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 AM   #44
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
maybe its a part of your brain that just doesnt work. how many times do i have to say i know you didnt mean it literally?
I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN IT LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you've made it clear that you didnt mean for it to be funny. I KNOW YOU DIDNT MEAN FOR IT TO BE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and no, I DONT THINK DOMESTIC IOLENCE IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, finally, lets go to the 4th part of the dynamic you miss over and over and over

I FOUND WHAT YOU SAID, NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, BUT WHAT YOU SAID, TO BE FUNNY.
NOT THAT YOU FOUND IT FUNNY, NOT THAT YOU CONDONE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, NOT THAT I FIND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TO BE FUNNY,
BUT WHAT YOU SAID..WAS FUNNY AND IRONIC, OK??????

DO WE GET IT NOW?????????

it has to be a men are from mars women are from venus thing. must be.....no other explanation for it.......

as far as your immature side comments, does that mean you have lesbian relationships with the girls who agree with your posts?
I tried telling you over and over what the deal was regarding my statement, but you just wouldn't listen because you were trying to be oh so witty. It's not my fault you simply didn't get it. Flood, another woman, did. So what's that tell me? It tells me you simply have no clue about women, which is evident by your feeling the need to butt your nose into this to begin with. That's YOUR fault. So how many more times are you going to change your story? You've changed it several times now while I've stayed the course. Back and forth, back and forth you went, changing your story everytime. Now you simply look foolish.

Regarding your immature and quite boorish side comments, here's a little something for the two of you to ponder...

One of the SF members and I were talking on the phone last week and we were discussing how we wish some of you who think you’re the “big dogs” would actually stop hiding behind your computer screens and actually show your faces in Pittsburgh for a Steelers game or perhaps even at training camp. Do either of you have plans on doing that this season? I'm sure you don't because you're not even a Steelers fan. And I can pretty much guarantee you that tony won't either. I have plans on being in Pittsburgh for the games, as well as going to training camp. Some of us, both male and female, don’t hide behind our computer screens or log onto the board in invisible mode because we actually have busy lives and have nothing to hide. There are a lot of members who know what I look like, know all about my personal life, have talked to me on the phone, have e-mailed, PM’d, IM’d, etc., whenever they feel like it just because we’re friends. They have my home phone, cell phone, and work phone numbers. I’ve made arrangements to meet up with quite a few of them, along with my "real life" friends, from two different boards to not only tailgate and attend Steelers games with them in Pittsburgh, but to also possibly go to the Brickyard for the NASCAR race in August. I’ll bet the two of you, on the other hand, won’t show up anywhere in person with anyone. How sad it is that some people feel the need to do the things you do and say the things you say on message boards yet you don’t have the guts to put your money where your mouth is and show up in person. I, on the other hand, have nothing to hide.

Isn't it really something when a girl has to bail a guy out of the Blast Furnace because he's up against it with a Bengals fan? I have the big 'ol rep thanking me oh so profusely for it. Priceless!

Now, I've made my point and I have work to do and plans for tonight. I'm sure you and your buddy will be online here all night. Poor things. Try to make him understand the PA no helmet law. He's having a hard time understanding it.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #45
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Steeler Santonio Holmes charged with domestic violence, released from custody
Monday, June 19, 2006

By Shelley Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers 2006 first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes was released on a $3,500 recognizance bond this afternoon in Columbus after he was arrested late last night on charges of domestic violence and an outstanding warrant for a minor traffic violation.

He entered a plea of not guilty.

According to two Columbus police spokesmen, Holmes, 22, was arrested at an apartment just after midnight after Columbus police responded to a call from a woman who is the mother of Holmes' youngest child, Shaniya, 4 months.

After talking with the woman, who has not been identified, police arrested Holmes, who had returned to the apartment while police were taking a report. Holmes was described as cooperative.

"Nobody's injured. There was no injuries," Holmes' lawyer, Samuel Shamansky said of the incident.

The former Ohio State receiver originally was to be arraigned tommorrow morning, but that was moved up at the request of Shamansky and the sheriff's department. Holmes appeared in prison khakis and handcuffs before Judge Anne Taylor.

According to Shamansky, the alleged victim was present at the arraignment and requested that Holmes be released.

"I think that it's upsetting, but he's doing just fine," Shamansky said of Holmes. "He takes the matter very seriously and looks forward to putting the whole thing behind him."

It was Holmes' second arrest since being selected in the first round of the NFL draft. He was arrested in South Beach, Fla., for disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities.

Steelers Coach Bill Cowher criticized Holmes the following week, but said he wouldn't hold the incident against the former Ohio State receiver.

"Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly," Cowher said then. "I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns."

ok after reading this I do belive he did nothin worng and the woman just was hot and told police he did something and by Ohio law they had to take him to jail, watch this will blow over and he will be cleared...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #46
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:

In respose to these 3 points:

1. My understanding is that she's been there - done that! Also from the posts that I've read, I think there are a couple of guys from this board that would like to find out! (lol)

2. It seems that I've heard this wisdom from somewhere before!

3. I'm getting a bit concerned. This is the second time in the last couple of days on this board that I've had to say that I'm NOT a switch hitter!!! I know that I'm married with children but I must REALLY be losing my touch! Anybody know where I can get some good flirting lessons appropriate for cyberspace??? I must need some help in finding my inner cyber-vixen!!!
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #47
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
I know the party line is he never had problems before, but do not underestimate the ability of boosters at a high powered program such as (but of course not only) OSU to sweep a lot of dirt under the rug.
I'd say that this would be true under normal circumstances, but at the time Holmes was at OSU, they were under about as much scrutiny as a college football program can be under. They had the whole Clarrett thing going on, the NCAA was interviewing all the players, they caught Troy Smith a couple times, the basketball program was under investigation and suffered sanctions...if Holmes was effing around in the last few years, they'd have caught him.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM   #48
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
I tried telling you over and over what the deal was regarding my statement, but you just wouldn't listen because you were trying to be oh so witty. It's not my fault you simply didn't get it. Flood, another woman, did. So what's that tell me? It tells me you simply have no clue about women, which is evident by your feeling the need to butt your nose into this to begin with. That's YOUR fault. So how many more times are you going to change your story? You've changed it several times now while I've stayed the course. Back and forth, back and forth you went, changing your story everytime. Now you simply look foolish.

Regarding your immature and quite boorish side comments, here's a little something for the two of you to ponder...

One of the SF members and I were talking on the phone last week and we were discussing how we wish some of you who think you?re the ?big dogs? would actually stop hiding behind your computer screens and actually show your faces in Pittsburgh for a Steelers game or perhaps even at training camp. Do either of you have plans on doing that this season? I'm sure you don't because you're not even a Steelers fan. And I can pretty much guarantee you that tony won't either. I have plans on being in Pittsburgh for the games, as well as going to training camp. Some of us, both male and female, don?t hide behind our computer screens or log onto the board in invisible mode because we actually have busy lives and have nothing to hide. There are a lot of members who know what I look like, know all about my personal life, have talked to me on the phone, have e-mailed, PM?d, IM?d, etc., whenever they feel like it just because we?re friends. They have my home phone, cell phone, and work phone numbers. I?ve made arrangements to meet up with quite a few of them, along with my "real life" friends, from two different boards to not only tailgate and attend Steelers games with them in Pittsburgh, but to also possibly go to the Brickyard for the NASCAR race in August. I?ll bet the two of you, on the other hand, won?t show up anywhere in person with anyone. How sad it is that some people feel the need to do the things you do and say the things you say on message boards yet you don?t have the guts to put your money where your mouth is and show up in person. I, on the other hand, have nothing to hide.

Isn't it really something when a girl has to bail a guy out of the Blast Furnace because he's up against it with a Bengals fan? I have the big 'ol rep thanking me oh so profusely for it. Priceless!

Now, I've made my point and I have work to do and plans for tonight. I'm sure you and your buddy will be online here all night. Poor things. Try to make him understand the PA no helmet law. He's having a hard time understanding it.
whatever.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote