Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
Aqua4Ever04
Water Boy

Member Number: 2501
Default Healthy Culpepper propels Dolphins

Now knowing that QB Daunte Culpepper will be ready for team training camp makes them a serious contender in the AFC. I look forward to watching the Dolphins vs Steelers game on opening night, and I seriously believe the Fins will win. Are you Steelers fans the least bit worried? I bet you will say you're not but I just want to see what your perception of our team is.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts
Default Re: Healthy Culpepper propels Dolphins

good team making great strides. but let me tell you... the steelers d fears no qb. not even "pep". not manning, not mcnabb, not hasselbeck, not brady, not carson, not c. frye etc.

herse hoping "pep" gets one of those designer #55 backpacks that have seemed to become so stylish amongst nfl qb's
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Well, you bet correctly. Obviously you feel the same way with the Dolphins beating us.

While I feel Culpepper will make the Phins a better team, I don't feel they are ready to hang with the big dogs just yet.

Two names: Porter and Polamalu.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

The Dolphin's offense will be much improved (if Culpepper plays like the Culpepper of old and not last year's version). But that defense is still snuggly soft.

CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
The Dolphin's offense will be much improved (if Culpepper plays like the Culpepper of old and not last year's version). But that defense is still snuggly soft.

....said the tiggerfan.

"ttfn" -tigger
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I think C-Pepp will make the Dolphins a better team as long as he plays better than he did last year.If he plays last year's version of C-Pepp then you guys are in trouble.

And as for the opener to the season,you guys don't stand a chance IMHO.C-Pepp will be knocking off the rust (pre-season doesn't let you knock off the rust when it comes to missing a huge chunk of the last season sue to injury...you barley get any playing time and the games are less intense),but our defense will help knock some of that rust off of him via Porter,Polamalu,Haggans,Foote,Farrior,Smith,& Hampton.

And our offense proved in the playoffs that it can too be explosive.Expect big strides in Big Ben's stats begining with this game.

The Steelers will be extra pumped for this game as will be the fans.It's our first game in our World Championship Title Defense and I think the 'Phins will just get mauled.

But have fun competing for the AFC East and/or a Wild Card spot...I think you guys will make the playoffs.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04
Now knowing that QB Daunte Culpepper will be ready for team training camp makes them a serious contender in the AFC. I look forward to watching the Dolphins vs Steelers game on opening night, and I seriously believe the Fins will win. Are you Steelers fans the least bit worried? I bet you will say you're not but I just want to see what your perception of our team is.
No, the Steelers fans worst nightmare isn't the Dophins with Daunte "Wounded Knee" Culpepper at QB. Our worst nightmare is Big Ben riding motorcycles. Ok, Daunte might be recovering fine from his terrible knee injury. But, he suffered three torn knee ligaments. So it will take some time for Daunte, to fully recover from that injury. Factor in all the pressure Steelers defense brings. Thats not a good opening game for Daunte to be coming off a knee injury. If, the Dolphins, stand any chance they better run the football. But, what does the Steelers defense do best is shutting down a teams run game. So, I really see a long day for Daunte and the Dolphins offense.

Don't even get me started about your defense. They are old and have lost alot of talent in the secondary. The Dolphins are still at best a 8 or 9 win team.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
I think C-Pepp will make the Dolphins a better team as long as he plays better than he did last year.If he plays last year's version of C-Pepp then you guys are in trouble.

And as for the opener to the season,you guys don't stand a chance IMHO.C-Pepp will be knocking off the rust (pre-season doesn't let you knock off the rust when it comes to missing a huge chunk of the last season sue to injury...you barley get any playing time and the games are less intense),but our defense will help knock some of that rust off of him via Porter,Polamalu,Haggans,Foote,Farrior,Smith,& Hampton.

And our offense proved in the playoffs that it can too be explosive.Expect big strides in Big Ben's stats begining with this game.

The Steelers will be extra pumped for this game as will be the fans.It's our first game in our World Championship Title Defense and I think the 'Phins will just get mauled.

But have fun competing for the AFC East and/or a Wild Card spot...I think you guys will make the playoffs.
Well stated.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
Aqua4Ever04
Water Boy

Member Number: 2501

I do understand why you guys would say that you aren't worried. I mean you are the Super Bowl champs for crying out loud. But you have to understand, the Fins haven't been in such anticipation for a season like this since I can remember. Saban has taken our team and completely turned it around.

We have gone from the 28th rated passer, to a pro bowl QB. We have a brand new secondary, one of the best fullbacks in football, a new LT and upgraded depth at the WR posistion.

The Steelers have lost one of their top DBs in Chris Hope, lost a big part of the offense in Randel El and lost thier captain and leader in Jerome Bettis.

We have gotten much better and you guys have only lost players. Do you guys believe that you will be a better team than last year?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04
I do understand why you guys would say that you aren't worried. I mean you are the Super Bowl champs for crying out loud. But you have to understand, the Fins haven't been in such anticipation for a season like this since I can remember. Saban has taken our team and completely turned it around.

We have gone from the 28th rated passer, to a pro bowl QB. We have a brand new secondary, one of the best fullbacks in football, a new LT and upgraded depth at the WR posistion.

The Steelers have lost one of their top DBs in Chris Hope, lost a big part of the offense in Randel El and lost thier captain and leader in Jerome Bettis.

We have gotten much better and you guys have only lost players. Do you guys believe that you will be a better team than last year?
Oh, we lost Chris Hope who couldn't cover my grandma. We lost Randle El and his big 35 catches and 1 TD. Wow, what production to replace. El, will be missed most as a punt returner. All the Steelers did was draft Willie Reid, who broke Deion Sander's punt return records at Florida State. We, will miss Jerome's leadership more then anything. But lets face Jerome, was past his prime. Willie Parker had a fine season as a first time starter.

Before you go tooting the horn of the Dolphins. Look at your last six wins. Nothing to scream about. The Pats was your best win and the Pats were not playing for anything in that game. Sorry if I sound alittle heated. But I spent some time reading the garbage on one of your Dolphins boards today and had to deal with some Dolphins homers who are totally over looking the Steelers game. They really think the Steelers game is going to be a cake walk.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote