Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default Week 13 Gay Meter: +14 (+1 today)

Gay was not thrown at virtually all day and while AG Green was covered by Ike, Jerome Simpson is no slouch. I have to conclude that Gay was effectively covering his assignments.

If Gay is so bad as the Gay haters have claimed, other teams would deliberately throw at this direction several times a game. If anything, they are shying away from Gay.

Another solid game. So far, our secondary has looked good this season. Gay and Lewis have been a big part of that.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Week 13 Gay Meter: +14 (+1 today)

Gay WAS Okay!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Blame Arians!
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Blame Arians!
I blame Arians for Gay not getting any interceptions today. Stupid Airhead. Joking aside. It's looking to me that we made the wise decisions in preseason about which corners to keep and which not to. Not sure how Crezdon Butler is doing in Arizona but Gay whom many wanted cut is doing good and ETL I have to say has done a wonderful job with his Gay meter since too often you see others with clear agendas against the guy. I think corner depth which was an issue going into the season is evolving in to a position of strength. With Ike over 30 now, I'd love to see Brown, Gay, Allen, or Lewis become the close to shutdown corner Ike has become. And remember people Ike wasn't a great corner at first either. I believe Cowher benched him at one point.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
I blame Arians for Gay not getting any interceptions today. Stupid Airhead. Joking aside. It's looking to me that we made the wise decisions in preseason about which corners to keep and which not to. Not sure how Crezdon Butler is doing in Arizona but Gay whom many wanted cut is doing good and ETL I have to say has done a wonderful job with his Gay meter since too often you see others with clear agendas against the guy. I think corner depth which was an issue going into the season is evolving in to a position of strength. With Ike over 30 now, I'd love to see Brown, Gay, Allen, or Lewis become the close to shutdown corner Ike has become. And remember people Ike wasn't a great corner at first either. I believe Cowher benched him at one point.
Yep our problem last year was Madison being a #4 cb. Depth was the biggest weakness but that has been fixed this year. That and burnt toast mcfadden wasn't cutting it as a #2
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Yep our problem last year was Madison being a #4 cb. Depth was the biggest weakness but that has been fixed this year. That and burnt toast mcfadden wasn't cutting it as a #2
Yeah Baltimore week 1 showed that pretty well. Other than that our secondary's been solid. Not awesome like our run D was last year but it's been considerably more of a help than a hindrance.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Crezdon Butler was lost for the season several weeks ago
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Crezdon Butler was lost for the season several weeks ago
Ah thanks. Knew he got hurt but didn't know for the whole season. There ya go then. I liked the kid's potential but I trust the coaches more than myself because this is a team that has succeeded far often more than not.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
DFWSTEELERFAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Gay was not thrown at virtually all day and while AG Green was covered by Ike, Jerome Simpson is no slouch. I have to conclude that Gay was effectively covering his assignments.

If Gay is so bad as the Gay haters have claimed, other teams would deliberately throw at this direction several times a game. If anything, they are shying away from Gay.

Another solid game. So far, our secondary has looked good this season. Gay and Lewis have been a big part of that.
This cracks me up.. The entire defence was decent, but Gay didnt stand out in any way good or bad and you give points.. That's insane... So if he does nothing good or bad it equals out?

So if he he gets +1, so does the entire defense... Unless Baltimore loses and we capture the division, he could be plus 1000 on your scale and it wouldn't mean jack crap because he was covering on the blown play that will end up going down as the play that cost us the division..
DFWSTEELERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
DFWSTEELERFAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post

This cracks me up.. The entire defence was decent, but Gay didnt stand out in any way good or bad and you give points.. That's insane... So if he does nothing good or bad, how is he +1?

So if he he gets +1, so does the entire defense... Unless Baltimore loses and we capture the division, he could be plus 1000 on your scale and it wouldn't mean jack crap because he was covering on the blown play that will end up going down as the play that cost us the division..
DFWSTEELERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote