Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers guard Foster set to play this week

Steelers guard Foster set to play this week

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Steelers starting right guard Ramon Foster practiced Tuesday, and he expects to play Thursday night against the visiting Browns.

Foster suffered a low ankle sprain Sunday in the Steelers' 35-7 win over the Bengals.

"He's a tough dude," Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "He should be all right."

The Steelers will be without wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who didn't practice Tuesday because of a foot injury. Sanders apparently put too much stress on his foot after returning from knee surgery a couple of weeks ago.

"It may be time for him to sit and rest for 11 days," Arians said, "and get truly healthy."

>> Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) didn't practice Tuesday, and he is not expected to play against the Browns. Outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) and running back Jonathan Dwyer (foot) also didn't practice. Wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring) practiced on a limited basis. Inside linebacker Larry Foote, who didn't play last Sunday because of a hamstring injury, practiced Tuesday and said he is playing against the Browns.

>> Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, on pace to get sacked 45 times this season, defended his offensive line Tuesday.

"You'd probably cut those sacks in half if it wasn't for the style of game that I play," Roethlisberger said. "My thumb (injury) wasn't on a sack. The big injuries just seem to happen on regular plays. I don't think I take too many big shots."

>> Arians said it is important to him that wide receiver Hines Ward gets the 10 catches he needs to reach 1,000 for his career but not at the expense of the team.

"I want to see him get it, but it's not something we're going to force," said Arians, who was Ward's position coach from 2004-06.

"It's all about winning."

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Read more: Steelers guard Foster set to play this week - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...#ixzz1fqjKm06s
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Steelers guard Foster set to play this week

I'm guessing Colon gets moved to RG next season with Gilbert at RT. Starks probably gets a 2-3 year extension.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

They will not pay a guard starting right tackle money
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
You sure about that? Are they going to sit Gilbert in favor of Colon after Arians claimed Gilbert is a "better run blocker than Flozell." (which is false btw). It's the only thing that makes sense assuming Starks gets extended.

Besides, Colon signed fairly cheap if you look at the numbers. He isn't exactly getting high end RT money.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
I'm guessing it will depend on what Starks demands. Our starting tackles this season have been adequate for the first time in awhile, and it might be worth it to overpay the line a bit if it means that somebody like Legursky can be a top backup rather than a starter.

This is especially true considering Kemo will probably (or should, probably) be gone following this year, and he doesn't make much less than Colon.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

Maybe I need to jog back through the threads but is anyone else completely over Ramon Foster other than me? I do not want to doubt his "injuries" but it just seems like this guy just does not want to compete. He is a hit or miss blocker at best. Some plays he holds down his position. Other plays he completely whiffs. I know all lineman do that from time to time, but this guy never makes it through a game without rolling around on the ground in "pain" at some point. Then when he walks off the field he looks fine. Again, I don't know anything and don't want to make false criticisms but what do yall think?

Playing in HS and college I remember guys like that. No matter how talented they were, if they were constantly stopping the game and units momentum week in and out over dings that all the other guys dealt with, he was benched and sometimes cut.
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,383 Times in 3,513 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I'm guessing Colon gets moved to RG next season with Gilbert at RT. Starks probably gets a 2-3 year extension.
if he even plays. getting put on IR 2 years in a row in the beginning of the season is not a good sign, most get booted from the NFL when this happens
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote