Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
DIESELMAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Sand.....
Posts: 1,114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

June 20, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes apologized Tuesday for his latest arrest on charges he assaulted a woman.

The 22-year-old Holmes was charged by Columbus, Ohio, police Monday with two misdemeanor counts of domestic violence and simple assault. It was his second arrest since he was chosen in the first round of the NFL draft.

Holmes said in a statement that he was sorry for the negative attention his arrest brought to the organization, and he understands that being a Steelers player demands responsible behavior off the field.

Holmes' attorney has said his client is wrongly accused.
__________________


BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

well then, im glad THATS all behind us now!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
DIESELMAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Sand.....
Posts: 1,114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
well then, im glad THATS all behind us now!
Well at least he stepped up and did the apology thing and take that for what its worth.....Theres been others who have done far worse and never apologized.....
__________________


BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,723
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
June 20, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes apologized Tuesday for his latest arrest on charges he assaulted a woman.

The 22-year-old Holmes was charged by Columbus, Ohio, police Monday with two misdemeanor counts of domestic violence and simple assault. It was his second arrest since he was chosen in the first round of the NFL draft.

Holmes said in a statement that he was sorry for the negative attention his arrest brought to the organization, and he understands that being a Steelers player demands responsible behavior off the field.

Holmes' attorney has said his client is wrongly accused.
nice statement. is his attorney also his agent? same difference right?

the steelers have made their bed by drafting him, and im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt (even though he and his baby's momma are both probably immature knuckleheads.

but as sb champs already handicapped by drafting 32nd, we cant afford to just piss away a 1st and 3rd round pick and give up on this guy. he isnt big enough or bad enough to be a distraction. the steelers are full of veteran professionals and great character guys. this will hurt them as bad as if it were a 5th or 6th rounder pulling this crap.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Well at least he stepped up and did the apology thing and take that for what its worth.....Theres been others who have done far worse and never apologized.....
did he apologize to the women he assaulted?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dale City, Virginia.
Posts: 1,793
Gender: Male
Member Number: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
well then, im glad THATS all behind us now!
Too bad it's not that simple.

Hey Santonio!! Actions speak louder than words so I'll believe it after a few seasons of keeping your ass out of trouble.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #7
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dale City, Virginia.
Posts: 1,793
Gender: Male
Member Number: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
nice statement. is his attorney also his agent? same difference right?

the steelers have made their bed by drafting him, and im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt (even though he and his baby's momma are both probably immature knuckleheads.

but as sb champs already handicapped by drafting 32nd, we cant afford to just piss away a 1st and 3rd round pick and give up on this guy. he isnt big enough or bad enough to be a distraction. the steelers are full of veteran professionals and great character guys. this will hurt them as bad as if it were a 5th or 6th rounder pulling this crap.

I don't know about that tony!!
First rounders anymore are expected to at least contribute a little bit and I'm not just talking special teams, so with the personal distractions surrounding him Santonio has put himself at a disadvantage as far as trying to pick up the offensive system/playbook and look at the big barrel he's put himself over as far as negotiating his contract.
It's a lose-lose situation for both the Steelers and Santonio.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,723
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
did he apologize to the women he assaulted?
"women"??? (pl)

did he slap chad jackson too?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,446
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,664
Thanked 8,520 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
did he apologize to the women he assaulted?
I have been ripping Holmes on this, but even I do not expect him to apologize to her while criminal charges are pending and a civil suit is waiting in the wings. An apology at this time would be an admission that would make it difficult to resolve the criminal case and reach a prompt civil settlement.

The apology will come with resolution of the potential civil case ($$$) & criminal charges regarding what will be described as an "unfortunate incident" and everyone will sing Kumbaya.

I know that is cynical but that is how the world will work out here.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
DIESELMAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Sand.....
Posts: 1,114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
did he apologize to the women he assaulted?
Who knows hopefully yes that was the first thing he did but then again thats none of anybody's business but him and the women.
__________________


BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts