Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Holmes apologizes for assault arrest

i'm not to worried about things. he'll be fine, the first arrest doesn't really count. the poe poe was being dicks that day, they basically got arneas and the no body teammate for the samething in the same town.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

This is what I think about Holmes...
HE IS TROUBLE!!!!
He Is Gonna Stay In Trouble from here on out and we have just wasted our 2006 1st Round Draft pick on a trouble making Buckeye....
I hope the 2nd Rounder does a better job making an impact on our team this coming year and our future in the steel town of PA.. because Holmes will Not be in the NFL or in Pittsburgh any way for very long... we Dont need his kind of help..the only reason he appologized to her is cuz of his agent tellin' him too...
May God Bless You..
Elvis
p.s.
My wife was put in the hospital yesterday evening, we are expecting a baby girl real soon...all prayers are appreciated for our family.. thank you
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #13
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Despite wha everyone thinks.......THIS IS A HUGE STEP FOR THIS GUY!!!!

I mean come on, he hasn't even signed with the team yet, and he apoogized "for the organization." This guy wants to play for us, no doubt about that, and he knows he does not have a done deal yet.

Like I said in previous post, please give him time. People know what the Steelers are all about now, and the guys coming to this team do not want to mess this up, in any way....shape....or form. Would you want to piss off Joey Porter or Hines?
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #14
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006
This is what I think about Holmes...
HE IS TROUBLE!!!!
He Is Gonna Stay In Trouble from here on out and we have just wasted our 2006 1st Round Draft pick on a trouble making Buckeye....
I hope the 2nd Rounder does a better job making an impact on our team this coming year and our future in the steel town of PA.. because Holmes will Not be in the NFL or in Pittsburgh any way for very long... we Dont need his kind of help..the only reason he appologized to her is cuz of his agent tellin' him too...
May God Bless You..
Elvis
p.s.
My wife was put in the hospital yesterday evening, we are expecting a baby girl real soon...all prayers are appreciated for our family.. thank you
First off prayers for wife and baby !!

Second off lead the rest of the bandwagoneers to the back and please jump off...
Are you nuts??? I can't believe all the people that are writing off this KID, that happens to be a 1st round choice. Alright he may not be in the typical Steeler mold but that doesn't mean he should just be blown off!! EVERYONE does or did stupid things at this age. In this day and age if you yell loud enough at someone you could be charged with assault.
Did anyone bother thinkin that maybe just maybe she's out for a huge payoff??? Only time will tell... hopefully he is not some kind of wife beating jerk but at least let's give him the benfit of the doubt...innocent until proven guilty!!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #15
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Nobody has totally written him off yet but most of us are not going to stand up and support him when he's accused of assaulting a female. I don't know what bandwagon your riding on but I know that the Steelers bandwagon doesn't have any passengers who support this type of player or person. Are we all supposed to support him simply because he's a 1st round pick? The Steelers have lost 1st round draft picks in the past. Players that the fans supported. A loss such as this wouldn't be any more significant than those 1st rounders who were eventually deemed to be a BUST!

In reference to you speculating that the victim may be looking for a huge payoff I'll say this. I live 20 minutes from Columbus, Ohio. I viewed the news casts and I'll tell you that the victim was not the original caller. A male subject who witnessed the attack called 911 prior to the victims call. The scandal theory is a load of crap. It pisses me off when people decide to blame the victim or insinuate that police officers are corrupt or racist in their bold attempts to clear the name of a "PUNK"

A lot of people have chosen to wait for the outcome of Holmes latest charge and I say that's fair enough. I believe that the charge will eventually be dismissed but that doesn't make Holmes "innocent". That simply means that the victim failed to cooperate with authorities. This occurs quite often due to the offender begging and pleading with the victim until she gives in and drops the criminal charge. The authorities have no choice, they're not able to take the stand and testify on the victims behalf because they didn't witness the crime. In my mind that doesn't make him an innocent man. That still describes a troubled young man who just so happened to get a break on a particular charge. Hopefully he will make the most of it and simmer his a$$ down.

Another forum member mentioned that he wasn't worried about the Florida arrest because it was due to a police officer being a d i c k head. We're all entitled to our own opinions in regards to that particular arrest but I don't believe that police officers arrest people just because the officer is having a bad day. If anything the officer would avoid as much contact with people as possible. Believe me, I've been there.

I would also question why Holmes failed to pay his fine from a traffic citation which resulted in a bench warrant being issued for his arrest. I'm sure that someone has an excuse or simple explanation for that as well. I know that in the past I've forgotten to pay a few traffic citations, yeah right. Another example of lacking respect for authority figures.

Last edited by Steel Pit; 06-21-2006 at 01:16 AM.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:27 AM   #16
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit
Another forum member mentioned that he wasn't worried about the Florida arrest because it was due to a police officer being a d i c k head. We're all entitled to our own opinions in regards to that particular arrest but I don't believe that police officers arrest people just because the officer is having a bad day. If anything the officer would avoid as much contact with people as possible. Believe me, I've been there.

no no, the poe poe is crocked, they out to get anybody just cause they don't get paid like the that athletes, singers, etc. etc.

they see me rollin, they hatin
patrolin, and tryin to catch me ridin' dirty- chamillionaire
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:14 AM   #17
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
no no, the poe poe is crocked, they out to get anybody just cause they don't get paid like the that athletes, singers, etc. etc.

they see me rollin, they hatin
patrolin, and tryin to catch me ridin' dirty- chamillionaire
Maybe dey jus be "hatin" da attitude dat you be glaring in dey direction.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:38 AM   #18
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

yo yo yo got the chokehold on da bitch 'n da poe poe got thang thang fo ma yang yang

good addition.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #19
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
did he apologize to the women he assaulted?

Who said he actually did it? Odds are yes, but hey, give him a chance.
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #20
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

"All we are sayyyin....is give Holmes a Chance........."
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote