Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #71
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662
Default Re: A. Brown v. S. Holmes

It is 2011. The celebrations are not going anywhere. I'd argue that the celebrations pump the team up. Just as long as they aren't long and drawn out like Santonio's. His 1st down celebration is very emotionless and very disrespectful to the refs who are always thinking he is going to hand them the ball and he drops it. AB, Hines, and Sanders on the other hand rant and rave and get the crowd into it. You cannot deny the increased decibels of a good ol' celebration move though!! Like it or not.
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #72
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCbeauBlak View Post
It is 2011. The celebrations are not going anywhere. I'd argue that the celebrations pump the team up. Just as long as they aren't long and drawn out like Santonio's. His 1st down celebration is very emotionless and very disrespectful to the refs who are always thinking he is going to hand them the ball and he drops it. AB, Hines, and Sanders on the other hand rant and rave and get the crowd into it. You cannot deny the increased decibels of a good ol' celebration move though!! Like it or not.
The point isn't so much that it's wrong or bad that he's doing it (although I find it annoying for normal receptions). The point is that it's probably a window into the future. Santonio Brown, here we come.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #73
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,462 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
The point isn't so much that it's wrong or bad that he's doing it (although I find it annoying for normal receptions). The point is that it's probably a window into the future. Santonio Brown, here we come.
if that also means he'll be a super bowl mvp like santonio then i don't care if he celebrates the win by smoking 50 joints and gets kicked off the team for it lol
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #74
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
if that also means he'll be a super bowl mvp like santonio then i don't care if he celebrates the win by smoking 50 joints and gets kicked off the team for it lol
True, that.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #75
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976

Brown, never that impressed with "dime bag"... Holmes had to much off-field drama and not as much talent.
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #76
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
And you don't think that's an unfair characterization? Why don't you say the same about Sanders? Why do you ignore the fact that Ward does the same thing? Is it because you're oblivious to the fact that most skill position players do it? Antonio Brown never even played together with Holmes. I think Wallace is by far the most likely to develop a distracting me-first mindset that Holmes had of the "Young Money Crew". You're literally saying "he celebrates when he gets first downs fairly frequently. WATCH OUT, future headcase on the way." You also ignore the fact that a lot of his receptions tend to come on third down as well, and third down conversions are often pretty big.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #77
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Antonio Brown is a great player who made it to The Steelers on a very long and difficult journey. He is nothing like Santonio Holmes off the field. I think he's awesome and even his TD dances (though strange-looking) are fun to watch. I remember even our beloved Jerome Bettis celebrating good runs with his head shaking and stomping moves. Give the guy a break.
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote