Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default I don't see Harrison being suspended

NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard as a sometime host on ESPN 970-AM. Follow him on Twitter at dlolleyor.
Friday, December 09, 2011
I don't see Harrison being suspended

I just don't see linebacker James Harrion getting suspended for his hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy Thursday night. A stiff fine in the $40,000 range? Sure.

But he hasn't had a helmet-to-helmet hit this season.

Heck Ray Lewis has had two in the past two years as well, but he got fined the minimum for the hit on Ward, his second in two seasons.

The NFL seems to have reset the clock this year, even though it says it didn't.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark's big fine came on his second offense, even though he had also been fined last season.

People are comparing this to Ndomukong Suh, but Suh had multiple infractions both this year and last. And, I might add, what he did came after a play was over. His stomp that was the final straw wasn't done in the context of playing the game.

Ben Roethlisberger was in a walking boot today. So was Maurkice Pouncey.

Some have questioned why Roethlisberger was able to return to the game with the same injury that Pouncey was unable to come back from.

It's simple, really. Roethlisberger isn't pushing on a 320-pound defensive tackle on every play like Pouncey needs to be able to do.

Roethlisberger's mobility was very limited following the injury. But he got by.

Pouncey would not have been able to do the same thing.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: I don't see Harrison being suspended

Harrison won't be suspended (at least i would think so, but this is Goodell's office remember, and they have a huge hard-on for Harrison).
But 40 is low...even though if he's going to get fined, it should be in that range, if not below, expect him to get hit around the 100K mark.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

First offense this year. No way he gets suspended and the fine should 25k or less. Deon Sanders made a compelling argument about him being a runner than did a quick dump, change the direct of his is intital run, once harrison was about to hit him etc.

Whatever reports of mccoy came out after the game, are irrelevant as they put him right back in, showing he was fine. the talking heads are trying to get him suspended.

BUT after 2 ejections the guy from the Raiders still is not suspended, Harrison is not Suh either. Harrison has been clean and tried to hit like a girl over the last 16 games, but sometime projectiles change in the air and you cant control the missile, shit happens.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488

Mike and Mike on ESPN indicated yesterday that Harrison probably would be suspended. I think they said two games. They have called suspensions pretty accurately before, don't know if Goddel listens to that show or what.
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn1968 View Post
Mike and Mike on ESPN indicated yesterday that Harrison probably would be suspended. I think they said two games. They have called suspensions pretty accurately before, don't know if Goddel listens to that show or what.
Ndamukong Suh's stomp on Thanksgiving cost him two games - hard to see how Harrison's hit on McCoy would draw an equivalent suspension

Sports talk radio and sites like Pro Football talk are intended to churn up controversy - as far as anything that is said being fact based I have my doubts
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn1968 View Post
As he is completely spineless and has no intestinal fortitude of his own whatsoever, Goodell quite obviously uses the amount of "media outrage" over individual hits and player infractions as a major barometer for his discipline. Considering how much buzz his hit on McCoy is getting, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Harrison get 2 games.

Last edited by Sixburgher; 12-10-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

The fine can be anywhere from 75-100K and it will be justified. A suspension would be ludicrous. Maybe if this were the first game of the year but when your 3/4 through the season and this is your first and only offense all year, no suspension is justified.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
The fine can be anywhere from 75-100K and it will be justified. A suspension would be ludicrous. Maybe if this were the first game of the year but when your 3/4 through the season and this is your first and only offense all year, no suspension is justified.
So you don't believe McCoy was a runner on that play? He tucked the ball and took off. He's a runner. This rule doesn't apply to runners. He shouldn't be fined nor suspended.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by grward View Post
So you don't believe McCoy was a runner on that play? He tucked the ball and took off. He's a runner. This rule doesn't apply to runners. He shouldn't be fined nor suspended.
Take the Steelers yellow colored glasses off brother. Its Goodell and Harrison we are talking about. You know the guy who last year said if he was on FIRE he wouldn't piss on him to put it out. Goodell is going hit him up with a huge fine and utlize the words "REPEAT OFFENDER" as his shield.

Or we will have a new rule come out to protect QBs even more. It's only a matter of time till they wear red shirts on the field or have flags.

The future of this game is 700 yard passing games (mostly earned from penalties but they wont say that) for a QB with scores in the 70's or 80's. Its only a matter of time.

My opinion is he made a great hit on a guy running toward the line of scrimmage outside of the pocket. But my ideas on football are a dying breed and it is Goodell's league.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,768 Posts
My Mood: Fine

My guess is Harrison will get somewhere between a 100,000 fine and a 1 game suspension

Some way some how you are right, Harrison will be treated as a repeat offender. No way Goodell does not at the very least, substantially increase the amount from the last fine he got

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote