Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #11
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514
im sorry but branch will not wear a black and golduniform either... give santonio a chance...the rooney's aren't stupid
I'm not saying the rooneys are stupid at all. But we as steeler fans have been extreamly spoiled the past few years with picks like ben,troy,hampton and miller. dont forget we have had drafted tim woorley and plexico burress
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
you dont even know if branch will ever play a down in a pats uniform anyways. If they didnt want to spend 3 million a year on vinateri or resign mcginnest what makes you think they are going to give a max contract for branch
Thats true - I dont know if he will play another down in a Pats uni.

They didn't re-sign Mcginest and Vinatieri because they were too old and on the down swing of their careers - this wouldn't be the case with Branch.

Also, the fact that they didn't sign those two could mean they were trying to keep some salary cap room to re-sign Branch.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #13
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Thats true - I dont know if he will play another down in a Pats uni.

They didn't re-sign Mcginest and Vinatieri because they were too old and on the down swing of their careers - this wouldn't be the case with Branch.

Also, the fact that they didn't sign those two could mean they were trying to keep some salary cap room to re-sign Branch.

NM
are you serious!!! vinateri is hardly on the down swing of his career
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersMongol's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ulaanbaatar, MONGOLIA
Posts: 4,083
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
as I had said before we could trade his rights somewhere. What about this. What if the steelers trade the rights to holmes to the patriots for holdout wr deion branch
I'm open to either ways. LOL. But like you guys said, if we're signing Holmes, we should give him a year or two chance to shape up. Any man deserves a chance or two in his life.
__________________
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #15
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol
I'm open to either ways. LOL. But like you guys said, if we're signing Holmes, we should give him a year or two chance to shape up. Any man deserves a chance or two in his life.
my only point is what if during these couple years he screws his credibility even more and we get zero value out of him. Guess its the chance the steelers will have to take
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
are you serious!!! vinateri is hardly on the down swing of his career
Well, if you say so.

Im going to stick with the Patriots management on this one - the recruited a younger guy and let a great kicker go for a reason - i think part of it must be his age.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514
i say we sign a one year deal, that way we are not stuck with him if he turns out to be a flop. and if he is good, we sign him to a longer contract at the end of the season. and put a clause in his contract about being arrested.
I agree. Give him a one-year shot and see what he can do. If he continues to prefer prison orange to black and gold, it's adios amigo.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #18
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
I agree. Give him a one-year shot and see what he can do. If he continues to prefer prison orange to black and gold, it's adios amigo.
doesnt prison orange look alot like the orange in the bengals uniform?
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #19
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Well, if you say so.

Im going to stick with the Patriots management on this one - the recruited a younger guy and let a great kicker go for a reason - i think part of it must be his age.

NM
I have never heard the reason for them letting him go was because of his age they didnt want to pay him
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #20
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Herd on holmes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
How many extra draft picks you going to trade us?

A Superbowl MVP in return for a rookie who hasn't played a down in pro football and who has a habit of being arrested?

NM

He's not as bad as Chris "I have a millions of dollars in fines" Henry.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts