Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #21
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Signs of trouble: Four '05 playoff teams that have reasons to worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i was agreeing and expanding your point. and i agree even more with this post. el will be missed cause he was a good player and a great guy, but i think our special teams could be one of the strongest in the nfl this year.

st was my greatest concern going into the draft.
Yea, I was concerned about our special teams as well. But drafting Reid and even Holmes for that matter boosts our return game and I really have no worries about our special teams. I think even our coverage units will be among the top in the NFL. Plus, with the drafting of Anthony Smith I think we might have a player that will block a kick or two during the year. Smith did have 6 block kicks in his college career.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,143 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Yea, I was concerned about our special teams as well. But drafting Reid and even Holmes for that matter boosts our return game and I really have no worries about our special teams. I think even our coverage units will be among the top in the NFL. Plus, with the drafting of Anthony Smith I think we might have a player that will block a kick or two during the year. Smith did have 6 block kicks in his college career.
the coverage units concerned me as well, especially if keisel is no longer on them, but bailey and harris could fill that role nicely. smith could be a special teams demon, before asked to take a more predominant role.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the coverage units concerned me as well, especially if keisel is no longer on them, but bailey and harris could fill that role nicely. smith could be a special teams demon, before asked to take a more predominant role.
Here is name to throw out there for the coverage units Shuan Nua. This kid reminds me of Keisel. I think he could be a good special teams player.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,143 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Here is name to throw out there for the coverage units Shuan Nua. This kid reminds me of Keisel. I think he could be a good special teams player.
i was wondering if he makes the team? we seem to have a few really good players (well they have potential) 52-57 or so. cut day will probably be a tough one for the coaching staff this year. special team ace s. morey is probably wondering.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

People start writing this crap every year.. oh whoa is the Steelers..we lost some players, we have some injuries, how are we gonna do well again this year..

these so called experts just piss me off half the time, actually most of the time. Nobody believes anything these people write about and anybody who actually follows the team knows better than to think we're in trouble. The season hasnt even started yet, hell training camp is still over a month away !

These are the same people that picked us to finish 3rd in the division last year !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #26
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Some last year we're at least smart enough to pick us to win the division last year. maybe the next title up would do the trick.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:45 AM   #27
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

I agree with most of you. I don't see the Steelers missing any of the departed players. I certainly don't miss any of them. I'm a fan of the team not individuals. I was never a fan of Kimo, he did very little during his entire tenure with the Steelers. I know, I know, his job was simply to occupy blockers so the linebackers could make plays, HOGWASH!
Randle El was a good return guy but his receiving skills were average at best. He sure as H E L L isn't worth the big contract that he signed. I'm glad that the Steelers didn't invest that kind of money into him. That would have killed our salary cap for many years.
As long as Ben returns fully healthy, the Steelers will be a better team next season.

As for the Ravens and their so-called improvements, I don't see it. They picked up Steve McNair. So, who's he supposed to be? It took 4 to 5 years of grooming before McNair ever caught on to the Titans playbook. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I imagine that it will take him a few years to figure out the Ravens playbook.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:52 AM   #28
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit
It took 4 to 5 years of grooming before McNair ever caught on to the Titans playbook. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I imagine that it will take him a few years to figure out the Ravens playbook.
I agree. He'll figure out the playbook just in time to retire.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 AM   #29
steelerdude
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2232

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
improved ravens?... "gunning" for a playoff spot...
They seem to think that the addition of Steve McNair is the key to their success. But in the last five years, has McNair been able to make it through a whole season injury-free? I don't think so. So yeah, that's a humorous statement.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #30
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude
They seem to think that the addition of Steve McNair is the key to their success. But in the last five years, has McNair been able to make it through a whole season injury-free? I don't think so. So yeah, that's a humorous statement.
what makes that statement even more humorous is that it came from a browns fan....

....they only way they make the playoffs is that if they gun-down the AFC North with an AK47
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote