Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #31
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

The retards on ESPN seem awful confident that James will be suspended tomorrow morning. Almost a smirk on that jerk Adam Schefter when he said it. ESPN can rot in hell.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #32
Yehoodi
Water Boy

Member Number: 19054
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I agree with Harrison.

To me, it was a big hit but it was done legally and it's part of the game.
First off, I did not see McCoy "duck" . . .

Second, you can correct me if I am wrong, but one can not make contact to the head of a runner as the lead of the tackle . . . It is not like Harrison's arms were wrapping around McCoy and then there was incidental helmit contact . . . indeed and to the contrary, Harrison's arms were down by his side and came up at McCoy's chest as the crown of his helmit hit McCoy's facemask . . . this would have drawn a flag even against a runner . . .
Yehoodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #33
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehoodi View Post
First off, I did not see McCoy "duck" . . .

Second, you can correct me if I am wrong, but one can not make contact to the head of a runner as the lead of the tackle . . . It is not like Harrison's arms were wrapping around McCoy and then there was incidental helmit contact . . . indeed and to the contrary, Harrison's arms were down by his side and came up at McCoy's chest as the crown of his helmit hit McCoy's facemask . . . this would have drawn a flag even against a runner . . .
I don't think this is true. A runner can be hit anywhere I thought.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
ravens4life
Water Boy

Member Number: 19562

James Harrison deserves to be suspended. In addition to all of his helmet to helmet hits before, he should have known that this one would bring harsher consequences. You don't see Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs making stupid hits like this. The only person in the NFL thats worse is Suh.
ravens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #35
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens4life View Post
James Harrison deserves to be suspended. In addition to all of his helmet to helmet hits before, he should have known that this one would bring harsher consequences. You don't see Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs making stupid hits like this. The only person in the NFL thats worse is Suh.
Oh really raturd4life?? Watch much football??

Seems like he's aiming for the head an awful lot to me...
Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #36
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

Quote:
Ratbirds!!!

Get that one win streak and they think they are a cowboy.......geeesh!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #37
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Actually, Lewis made a helmet-to-helmet hit this year in the 1st Steeler-Ravens game and wasn't even flagged for it. I couldn't believe it (OK, yes, maybe i do believe it...)
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #38
Yehoodi
Water Boy

Member Number: 19054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I don't think this is true. A runner can be hit anywhere I thought.
you may be correct, but something tells me that you can't . . . surely a QB has more protection that a runner, but will and should be deemed a runner once he starts to "run" with the ball . . . however, when he goes back to being a QB he should get his protection back . . . and I do think that the refs will give the players some leeway if the players do not have time to react in time if a QB runs and "looks" like he is going to run and then throws the ball . . . but if the the guy is behind the line of scrimmage and he is the QB in name, you run the risk if you take a run at him . . .

in this particular case McCoy did start to run foward but then runs parallel to the line of scrimmage and Harrison made contact, and to me, whether he could react or not in time to a "runner", he was none the less running towards the QB, who was still behind the LOS, and thus could throw the ball, and in that case there is really no need to try to smoke the the guy with the crown of the helmit to the facemask . . . he could of easily came foward put his helmit off center and make a monster tackle just as easily . . . shoulder right into McCloy's chest and landed to the side with McCoy . . .

there are certain times when it is obvious that unnecessary force (and in this case I believe illegal force) is used . . . it is kind of like our Vince Wilfolk, who on many occasions does not mind getting a cheap shot it, hit a Washington Redskin this past Sunday . . . it was a screen pass the the guy slipped, fell to the ground, and clearly was not going to be able to get up by the time Wilfolk got to him, and instead of mearly touching him down with two hands (as 90% of the NFL does), Wilfork (who was behind the player on the ground) came up behind and hit him really hard in the middle part of his back . . . it is "techically" a legal hit but unnecessary and correctly drew a 15 yard flag for unnecessary roughness . . .

my two cents . . .
Yehoodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
This still is the game of football isn't it? Players wear pads and helmets for protection don't they? McCoy was wearing a helmet and shoulder pads wasn't he? I would say you should be "PO'd" if Harrison pulled a Ron Artest, if he chased Colt McCoy with a baseball bat, if he hit him in the face with a hockey stick, then I say be "PO'd" at him. Now Roethlisberger has been intentionally hit low a few times this season, isn't that against the rules? I believe so, how many suspensions were levied for that infraction, hmmmmm let me help you none!!!!! Ummm last year Ngata, no matter how you look at it broke Ben's nose, no not on a tackle, not on a sack, but a hand between the face mask miraculously to the nose, was there a fine, was there even a penalty, answer once again is NO!!!!! Bottom line, if you are not going to penalize the others for their "aggressive" play, don't penalize Harrison!!!
Ngata was fined $15,000.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #40
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Who let the trash in here anyway...