Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,867 Times in 2,905 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Chance that Antonio Brown will catch Wallace?

Mike Wallace 62 1034 16.7 8
Antonio Brown 55 925 16.8 2

Brown led the steelers in catches and yardage in the past 5 games and is just about 100 yards behind wallace.

Anyone think by season's end antonio is going to beat wallace in yards receiving and catches? Wouldn't that be some shit
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Re: Chance that Antonio Brown will catch Wallace?

At this point I would be surprised if he didn't pass him. IT would be huge for us if we could get Sanders healthy and more involved in time for the playoffs. Keep throwing double teams at Wallace and we've got two other very talented receivers for teams to deal with. Not to mention Heath, Saunders, and Johnson.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,547 Times in 634 Posts

I just light up with excitement with these wideouts we have. I can't wrap my eyes around the greatness that can become. We're so use to smashmouth and possession receivers just good enough for balance but watching these young STUDS is very exciting to me. Wallace will be locked up long-term next year so we are going to rebuild our football team that already looks to be built once again.

The Pittsburgh Steelers don't rebuild. WE RELOAD and our wideouts are prime examples of that.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

I would suspect Brown's increased productivity has a lot to do with the fact that Wallace was playing off the charts during the beginning of this season and teams have since been putting a lot of time and energy into stopping him, leaving Antonio not unbothered but also without as much scrutiney as his fellow starting wideout. I know a lot of people going into this season expected Sanders to be the breakout star out of the two of them, but Emmanuel has unfortunately been hindered by his knee and his mother's death.

If he can get healthy before the playoffs we are in very good shape at reciever, and it looks like we will be from years to come. Like you say, Stainless Still, when have we ever had as much explosive talent at wideout as we do right now? Guys like Hines, Plax, El, Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington, while good recievers for us recently, none of them had the breakout ability like these three guys do. Only one comparable that I can remember is Santonio.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
I would suspect Brown's increased productivity has a lot to do with the fact that Wallace was playing off the charts during the beginning of this season and teams have since been putting a lot of time and energy into stopping him, leaving Antonio not unbothered but also without as much scrutiney as his fellow starting wideout. I know a lot of people going into this season expected Sanders to be the breakout star out of the two of them, but Emmanuel has unfortunately been hindered by his knee and his mother's death.

If he can get healthy before the playoffs we are in very good shape at reciever, and it looks like we will be from years to come. Like you say, Stainless Still, when have we ever had as much explosive talent at wideout as we do right now? Guys like Hines, Plax, El, Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington, while good recievers for us recently, none of them had the breakout ability like these three guys do. Only one comparable that I can remember is Santonio.
Don't underrate Burress, he was a major security blanket for Ben his rookie season. Like a Heath Miller but with speed instead of power. Can't teach height

The major difference is that we've never had this much talent all at the same time.

closest we might have been able to come to competing with what we have now would have been if Burress hadn't chased the money and stayed to complete a Ward/Burress/Holmes trio earlier in Holmes' career when Ward was still producing at a #1 WR level. But of course what makes our current group even more impressive is that we not only have that young core trio, we still have a reliable Ward and Cotchery who otherwise would have been capable starters for our team in years past, as well as having Saunders and Johnson to fill out the TE spot along with Heath. Oh and our RBs have been way above our usual as receiving threats, heck Bettis threw for as many TDs as he had catches for a TD (three)
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882

I really do think that he will beat him if wallace doesn't have a deep catch then he usually averages around 50 yards per game wehre antonio has been averaging anywhere from 80-100 yards per game...consistency rules all
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

I wonder if teams will try to start double teaming both Wallace and Brown.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post

I hope they do, then we toss Sanders,Ward,Cotchery,Miller,Saunders, and Mendy or Johnson out of the backfield their way.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,145 Times in 1,987 Posts
My Mood: Fine

very good chance :)

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
You can't double team both WR or you'll get beat by the running game or TE/ 3 WR

I think Wallace will beat out Brown still. Wallace will have a big game vs the 49ers
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote