Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,132 Times in 508 Posts
Default Re: Haley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
this is the most potent offense this group of coaches has worked with and I'm just holding out hope that we win a SB this year and that we are only scratching the surface with this offense's potential
That's exactly the way I see it.

I think the level of talent and the amount of talent has actually taken everyone by surprise and I think they're still trying to figure out how to utilize all of it.

To me, it's like someone who likes to build things and has a few decent tools to work with and is limited to doing small projects suddenly winning an entire shop full of the best power tools in the world. Yeah, it's great to have that happen but it does take some time to get used to having all of that stuff and to realize that they can do a lot more now than just make a few birdhouses or put up a few shelves. But once they get used to it all, it isn't long before they're building kitchen cabinets or additions to their home.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Tony Sparano FIRED!!!

So many options
Old 12-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
This offense is too loaded to be this average.... Arians sucks
My first post in this thread was I didn't want to take a risk on a new OC since the ofdense is improving. As mentioned, these coaches have never had an offense like this. But the quote makes a good point, it shouldn't take long for this much talent to get to where they play at full potential.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Once again, I don't see what the big problem with Arians is.

Don't use the Cleveland game as any kind of barometer because it was the drops, the fumble and the injury that made that game tight and none of those things had anything to do with Arians.

If more balls were caught, if the fumble doesn't happen and if Ben didn't get his leg twisted up, we win that game big and we win early.
Yes and no. If something's not working, Arians will stick with it until it does. If something is working, he drops it immediately because the other team will be expecting it. So if the receivers have the dropsies, and meanwhile Rashard seems to be doing alright, guess what he's going to do...

He's going to do his best to get our $100M franchise QB killed, that's what he's going to do.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #15
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

i actually like Arians plays. I just hate the timing of them as far as when he calls them. If we could keep Arians playbook and someone to help better manage the games offensively, I would be happy. I know that probably isn't possible though.. One thing I don't see as much is our bunch formations. Hines used to be so dangerous out of that set. Now it seems we split two out to one side and run that stupid screen every few plays. What's up with that?
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #16
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Yes and no. If something's not working, Arians will stick with it until it does. If something is working, he drops it immediately because the other team will be expecting it. So if the receivers have the dropsies, and meanwhile Rashard seems to be doing alright, guess what he's going to do...

He's going to do his best to get our $100M franchise QB killed, that's what he's going to do.
Yeah kinda reminds me of the Patriots game...Hmmmm lets play man to man then back off when we play other teams.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Todd Haley seems too much of a hothead to be a Steeler coach. I could see him in Balt if the Ratbirds lose their first playoff game if their offense sucks.

There is nothing wrong with the Arians offense. Our best players are the QB and the 3 WRs. Spread it out and throw the ball is what we do.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,800 Posts
My Mood: Fine

yikes - what a difference in personality - Flacco's passive personality with Haley breathing down his neck? I'm not sure that would work or in some bizarre way maybe Flacco needs fire and brimstone to push him to the next level. Who knows, the guy has learned to beat us so can't say much about him anymore. Still has to prove himself in single elimination though.

That would be like Zorn and Brady together

Zorn: Are you ok Tom? Are you comfortable with this play? Need me to get you a water?
Brady: How the heck did I get stuck with you?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,132 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post

LOL! Maybe so.

All I know is that it's usually wise to be careful what you wish for.
We could get rid of Arians and end up with another Joe Walton or Tom Moore, in which case you'd probably be offering to pay Arians yourself if he'd just come back.

Just sayin'...
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #20
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Well, it's not like our offense under Arians has been setting the world on fire. Bruce is OK in terms of yardage, but even there we've cracked the top 10 once in his tenure. In terms of points, rushing consistency and red zone efficiency, we couldn't do much worse with me at OC than with Arians. And I don't know shit about shite.