Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #21
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Default Re: Haley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
yes, Arians has nothing to do with Hines and Miller fumbling, but has everything to do with the 4 straight Mendy goal line plays.

Just throwin that in there to instigate

I just say we are competing so while he is an idiot - he's our idiot or, "go with the evil you know"
Well Ben couldn't roll out, and you would THINK Mendenhall could score from 2 yards out.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,654 Times in 2,404 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i dont think haley would be a good answer, he's the same coach that only runs the ball 13 times when jamaal charles is averaging 8+ yards per carry
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i dont think haley would be a good answer, he's the same coach that only runs the ball 13 times when jamaal charles is averaging 8+ yards per carry
That sounds like continuity to me.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #24
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

Haley might be one of the most immature schmucks I have seen coach in the NFL. His attitude is like a child version of Tom Coughlin.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #25
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Well, it's not like our offense under Arians has been setting the world on fire. Bruce is OK in terms of yardage, but even there we've cracked the top 10 once in his tenure. In terms of points, rushing consistency and red zone efficiency, we couldn't do much worse with me at OC than with Arians. And I don't know shit about shite.
OK, let's say all of that is true.

But if, at the end of the day, we win the game then what difference does any of that make?

As far as I'm concerned, statistics don't mean beans. If we score just one point more than the other team, then we win. That is the only stat that interests me.

The record books are full of teams and individual players who have the most gaudy numbers in the game and yet have never won a championship. Dan Marino virtually wrote the book on QB stats and is arguably one of the best QB's to play the game but the biggest stat in his career is the huge ZERO in the SB column.

On the other side of the coin is Terry Bradshaw. If you look up his career numbers, he doesn't even appear in the top ten in most of the so-called "important" categories, yet he won 4 SB's in six years and that particular record still stands and will likely never be broken.

Yes, it would be nice if we had some impressive numbers in terms of yards-per-carry, or yards-per-catch, or TD's and so on. But none of those numbers are as important as the one that says we scored one single point more than our opponent when the clock runs out in the Super Bowl.

THAT is the only stat that matters.

Stats don't win games; scoring more points than your opponent does that and that's all I care about.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,648 Posts
My Mood: Fine

yea - Ben checked to a run because he couldn't run/roll out - but Mendenhall can only score if makes something out of nothing in that instance

The Browns did a good job of blowing up the line and the lead blocker so let's not think in a vacuum here - not everyone is a HOF running back. There are more than 1 individual involved in the success/failure of a running play

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #27
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
yea - Ben checked to a run because he couldn't run/roll out - but Mendenhall can only score if makes something out of nothing in that instance

The Browns did a good job of blowing up the line and the lead blocker so let's not think in a vacuum here - not everyone is a HOF running back. There are more than 1 individual involved in the success/failure of a running play
or do you mean success/failures of running plays

We rank 16th in red zone

Not too bad for our "high powered" offense
Old 12-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

I have said forever that between the 20s Arians is lights out. But he can't seem to get his head out of his butt in the red zone. Where the heck was Redman on that goal line. He is the one who should be in there on the goal line. Mendenhall does not have it when it comes to busting it up the middle. He loses yardage almost every time up the gut. He doesn't have the instinct to find the small gaps you need to get to daylight. Redman has shown that he does. But we see Mendenhall or Moore in there in situations where Redman would be perfect. I hate Arians red zone play calling.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #29
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Not a fan of Haley whatsoever. It's similar to how I feel about Josh McDaniels.. they both may be decent offensive coordinators. But they're punks. They annoy the hell out of me with their antics. No need for that in Pittsburgh.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #30
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

Quote:
as much as I bang my head up against the wall, trying to understand why we do what we do on offense at times - my opinion is that Haley's approach w/players is a bit too abrasive to put it nicely and it just isn't a good fit

Sometimes QBs make their OCs look more capable than they are as some of us like to joke about - and I think Haley benefited from having Kurt Warner at QB
That's a good point, something I didn't take into consideration. That's what I get for looking at just the numbers...