Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #101
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,620 Posts
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
destroying careers? how many players have missed games due to his hits?

im pretty sure his hits account for less games missed than ray lewis
Stabit ray doesn't hit he uses a knife.

Destroying lives.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #102
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
next time he needs to knock some mother****er's head clean off
Might as well, if your going to get fined/suspended either way, might as well.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #103
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Freaking lame. F the NFL and Goodell.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #104
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,677 Times in 2,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
He lined Colt up at least 5 yards out. He doesn't need to stop mid-air.... he needs to not aim for the head. Put your pads on his numbers and fold him in half with a legal hit and no one is talking about this today. .
Leaving aside why a fan of a team with a serial headhunter such as Ray Lewis is preaching on playing within the rules, the question is whether the hit merits a suspension

Peter King wrote last week the hit did not merit a suspension and continues to disagree with you

I urge you to watch the play again. If you're a defensive player and your job is to tackle the ball-carrier, who appears to be in the process of running and not passing, you have to wonder what a defensive player can do in this case. McCoy took five full strides as a runner with the ball tucked under his arm. Just before contact, he pulled the ball out and threw it. By that time, Harrison was already coiling to strike.

He should have aimed lower. We know that. But the fact is, until a split-second before Harrison knew that McCoy was going to throw the ball, he was a runner, with the protection of a running back; that means that he could have been hit in the helmet. I'm just not a big fan of suspending a guy on such a borderline play.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a7&eref=sihp
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #105
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Who put McCoy in greater danger: James Harrison or Pat Shurmur? If the Browns' coach gets less than a one game suspension, we'll have learned something about Goodell's NFL.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #106
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

James Harrison says he can’t and won’t change the way he plays

Shortly after he was suspended for a game for another helmet-to-helmet hit on another opponent, Steelers linebacker James Harrison told a former teammate that he has no intention of changing the way he plays.

Harrison had a conversation with former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, who said on ESPN’s NFL Live that Harrison told him he’s going to keep playing the way he has always played, despite the league office cracking down on him for his head shot on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy.

“He told me he can’t,” Bettis said when asked if Harrison would change the way he plays.

Bettis said Harrison doesn’t think he did anything wrong when he hit McCoy, and that he could have hurt McCoy a lot worse if he had wanted to.

“He told me that it was laughable that this was the case — it wasn’t a funny situation but it’s laughable that he would get suspended over what he felt was a very, very small incident,” Bettis said. “In his words, ‘If I would have really hit him I would have close to knocked him out.’”

Asked if Harrison is likely to keep getting in trouble for helmet-to-helmet hits, Bettis answered, “Absolutely.”

“James said that he’s concerned this will happen again and then there will be a larger suspension,” Bettis said, “But he said to me, ‘I’m not going to worry about it. I’m going to play my game. If they suspend me they suspend me, but I’m not going to change the way I play football.’”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-way-he-plays/
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #107
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Richard Seymour has been ejected twice in the past two seasons for punching players, and has been fined 3 times total. Why he hasn't been suspended is completely beyond me. At this point I don't even give a shit.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #108
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Leaving aside why a fan of a team with a serial headhunter such as Ray Lewis is preaching on playing within the rules, the question is whether the hit merits a suspension

Peter King wrote last week the hit did not merit a suspension and continues to disagree with you

I urge you to watch the play again. If you're a defensive player and your job is to tackle the ball-carrier, who appears to be in the process of running and not passing, you have to wonder what a defensive player can do in this case. McCoy took five full strides as a runner with the ball tucked under his arm. Just before contact, he pulled the ball out and threw it. By that time, Harrison was already coiling to strike.

He should have aimed lower. We know that. But the fact is, until a split-second before Harrison knew that McCoy was going to throw the ball, he was a runner, with the protection of a running back; that means that he could have been hit in the helmet. I'm just not a big fan of suspending a guy on such a borderline play.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a7&eref=sihp

Well if Peter king said it it must be true.....

Irrelevant. Due to his public defiance, multiple fined hits on QBs in particular, and his documented disrespect for the league and Goodell, he has lost the "tie goes to the runner" right. He doesn't want to change and his play is no longer sanctioned by the league. Either adapt to the game or don't. But Harrison has made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

If this story was about Ray Lewis, you all would be saying the same thing. I understand you are cheering for your guy, but the league got it right.

Just my $.02
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #109
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,133 Times in 468 Posts

National Fairy League.

Don't worry, Steelers Nation. We can certainly afford this. Woodley will be back and Worlids has been playing phenomenal as of late. There's nothing really too daunting about the 49'ers overall team, certainly a team that we are use to facing when it comes to style. They don't really do anything spectacular. We can get it done. If we do, then that means Harrison will be rested a week and the tandem of Woodley and Harrison will be fresh as ever. Wouldn't be surprised to see Foote play some middle with Timmons going outside occasionally when Woodley needs rest with Worlids. May be a unique night as far as rotation is concerned.

We're fine. We're still the team nobody wants to face no matter what.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #110
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,677 Times in 2,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Well if Peter king said it it must be true.....

Irrelevant. Due to his public defiance, multiple fined hits on QBs in particular, and his documented disrespect for the league and Goodell, he has lost the "tie goes to the runner" right. He doesn't want to change and his play is no longer sanctioned by the league. Either adapt to the game or don't. But Harrison has made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

If this story was about Ray Lewis, you all would be saying the same thing. I understand you are cheering for your guy, but the league got it right.

Just my $.02
And if it happened to Ray Lewis you would say it was wrong

I cited Peter King since, unlike you and me, he is not inclined to see matters through the prism of how it impacts the Ravens and the Steelers

Which raises the point of exactly what you are doing here except to stir up s**t?

Most folks have better means of spending their time than trolling on sites for teams they loathe but that apparently is not applicabel to you

Whatever gets you off

Just my two cents
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote