Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #131
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
If Ray was fined 5 timed in the past 3 years, threatened to retire because he hates the league, called publicly chastised goodell and continued his illegal hits to get suspended I would be pissed at Ray.

I completely agree rays hit on Hines was illegal, should have been flagged and fined.
Let's play "Who said this":

"Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me," "he" said. "The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won't change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball. You never want to hurt nobody. I've been in this business too long. I just think once you start getting into these fines I don't know how they come up with the numbers most of the time."

James Harrison?? Oh no, it was the head hunter, Mr. Ray Lewis. That's right, you lose.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #132
RatbirdExtreme
Water Boy

Member Number: 18912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
of course they would. the same people who were celebrating when mendenhall and ward were injured by ray lewis. one ravens fan even posted on our gameday thread vs. the bengals and was jawing off about brown taking a hit and possibly having broken ribs.

all of a sudden, they are all for player safety? get the **** outta here lol. everyone knows the ravens are the lowest class organization along with their fans
Oops, sorry, I forgot that every single Steelers fan in the entire world wears a black and gold halo and would never wish injury on another player. There are jerks everywhere. As far as the Ravens organization is concerned, I certainly cant speak for them. But I can remind you that Suggs did come out publicly and speak out in Harrison's defense last year.

The facts as I see them:

1. Harrison got suspended because of who he is, plain and simple. The only other person in the NFL who would have gotten a suspension for that hit is Suh. He probably would have received 3 games for it.

2. Roger is the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL. He doesnt hate the Steelers. He doesnt hate the Ravens. He does, however, hate strong defense. Dont know if its us or you that faces the Patriots in the playoffs, but I can almost guarantee someone gets suspended after that game. Every time Brady motions for a flag, I have this fantasy that a referee will run up to him, punch him in the face, and tell him to quit being such a girl in a skirt. Hasnt happened yet, and I'm not optimistic.
RatbirdExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #133
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatbirdExtreme View Post
2. Roger is the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL. He doesnt hate the Steelers. He doesnt hate the Ravens. He does, however, hate strong defense. Dont know if its us or you that faces the Patriots in the playoffs, but I can almost guarantee someone gets suspended after that game. Every time Brady motions for a flag, I have this fantasy that a referee will run up to him, punch him in the face, and tell him to quit being such a girl in a skirt. Hasnt happened yet, and I'm not optimistic.
This we all agree on for sure.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #134
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
And yet his hit wasn't fined or flagged. .
$20,000

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-on-hines-ward
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #135
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Yep he was fined, not flagged, and said he'd do it all over again.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #136
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Let's play "Who said this":

"Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me," "he" said. "The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won't change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball. You never want to hurt nobody. I've been in this business too long. I just think once you start getting into these fines I don't know how they come up with the numbers most of the time."

James Harrison?? Oh no, it was the head hunter, Mr. Ray Lewis. That's right, you lose.
That was easy. Mainly because Harrison does NOT "respect them trying to protect player safety" and already voiced his the complete opposite of "you never want to hurt nobody."

Harrison needs to learn he can't defy the league and win. Saying "I don't care" and "I want to hurt people" and calling the commissioner a devil is what got him here. Ray disagreed with the fine (which I personally think was warranted) but isn't dumb enough to disrespect the league and flaunt flagrant disregard for league rules.

I'm not defending any hits by ray. If he gets to however many fined hits Harrison has and displays the classes defiance that Harrison does, then blatently tries to decapitate a QB I'll expect a suspension as well. And I'll be pissed at my player for f-ing the team.

So really in the end Harrison and his teammates lose because he is too ignorant to fix his problem.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #137
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Quote:
That was easy. Mainly because Harrison does NOT "respect them trying to protect player safety" and already voiced his the complete opposite of "you never want to hurt nobody."

Harrison needs to learn he can't defy the league and win. Saying "I don't care" and "I want to hurt people" and calling the commissioner a devil is what got him here. Ray disagreed with the fine (which I personally think was warranted) but isn't dumb enough to disrespect the league and flaunt flagrant disregard for league rules.

I'm not defending any hits by ray. If he gets to however many fined hits Harrison has and displays the classes defiance that Harrison does, then blatently tries to decapitate a QB I'll expect a suspension as well. And I'll be pissed at my player for f-ing the team.

So really in the end Harrison and his teammates lose because he is too ignorant to fix his problem.
He said he wanted to hurt people, not injure them. We all know what he meant. You can spin it however you want. And old Ray Ray is not that far behind James in the number of fines...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #138
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,019 Times in 4,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
What Harrison has said publicly should have no bearing on his punishment; that suggestion is absurd.

My biggest issue with the whole scenario is the ceaseless portrayal of Harrison as somebody who "doesn't get it" and "will never learn" when the very fact that he hasn't been flagged for a personal foul in 16 games is a suggestion to the contrary. He obviously did alter the way that he played. And let's be honest, his penalty against Fitzpatrick, his most recent since this one, was really questionable.

as was the bogus flag vs golden boy drew brees on halloween. the "5 fines and illegal hits in 3 years" line is complete bullshit.

Hell, the refs flagged london fletcher for hitting tom brady in the head with a forearm last weekend. he wasnt within a mile, planting it squarely in his chest.

goodell is relying on the judgement of blind idiot part time employee refs, who cant even understand or keep up with goodells ever changing rulebook.

go figure.

how many players careers have the browns ruined with staph infection in the past 3 years? wheres that cess pool teams fines and suspensions?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 AM   #139
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
He said he wanted to hurt people, not injure them. We all know what he meant. You can spin it however you want. And old Ray Ray is not that far behind James in the number of fines...
Nope, but he's pretty good at not getting suspended
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #140
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,019 Times in 4,561 Posts

i thought he was suspended...

hows his little toe doing? (pu$$y)

know what else ray lewis is pretty good at?

losing to the steelers in the playoffs.

he can win a SB with trent dilfer and nobody else, but cant do jack shit with ngata, reed, suggs, and flacco.

lol