Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Complete BS The Steelers organization needs to stand behind him and fight this hard. Turn it around and show everybody that R.G. is the death of football as we know it. He has shown NO consitency in his punishments!!If they dont speak up on this suspension i will be very dissapointed in them!!!

you Goodell.
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,836 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
take a deep breath - because now the flood gates have have officially opened on suspensions

Suh's was an obvious choice

Now we have a suspension because of a split second decision by a defender. Harrison made a call based on him running, and then because he is sitll a QB, it didn't matter

This will almost not def be the last time Harrison or another Steeler for that matter will be suspended. Now refs are going to be looking for ways to force the roughing the passer and/or helmet call

EDIT: More so than they already have. Harrison and his style of play is the way of the dinosaurs in the league's eyes - mark my words, this is the tip of the iceberg. Someone, this year, is going to be out of a playoff game OR will purposefully not go after a QB/RB/WR because they don't want to be suspended

R.I.P. NFL

You're right.

And anyone who watched more than one game this past weekend has already seen that the word has come down from Mount Goodell because I saw way more roughing penalties in three or four games than I've seen in a long time. So it would seem that the refs have indeed been given their marching orders.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Stupid big mouth of his probably didn't help. Whether Goodell and his cronies are little Hitlers or not, you can't publicly call them out. They were just waiting for him to do anything so they could suspend him. He did not play for several games this year and we did ok with Sylvester. I think Harrison may be on his way out of the league especially if his hits get the team fined. Don't lead with your damn head. Whether you want to agree or not, he lowered his head instead of just leading with a shoulder and wrapping him up. McCoy did not duck into this hit. It was vicious and uncalled for. And I am a HUGE Steeler fan. I would be very careful if I was Ryan Clark. He will be next.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

So if mendy takes a direct snap acts like hes running then throws at last second and gets popped in the face its a personal foul and osuspension? Wtf?
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default #92 getting punished for an UNWARRANTED reputation

My blood is actually BOILING! First things first, James Harrison does not deserve the reputation on which this suspension is based. The two hits last year against the Browns were not intentionally vicious, in fact in my mind neither was illegal. Below is the third hit he was fined for, the one on Drew Brees.

How in the world is that possibly illegal!? I can't even begin to describe why its not because I think it is just blatantly obvious that its not. Now he's being suspended as a "repeat offender" for hits that didn't even deserve this BS in the first place? I hope the Steelers fight this suspension with everything they have. If it is anyone else besides Harrison making the hit on McCoy, it is a penalty (maybe) and nothing more. But because its him it immediately becomes a huge deal.

Roger, you can keep doing this to the most hard-nosed defensive franchise in the league you are trying to turn into chickenshit. We're going to keep playing our way and I can't wait until your in Indy in February with 30-40,000 of us booing your ass when you hand Mike Tomlin and our boys the Lombardi. I want this title more than ever, so LET'S DO IT!
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #16
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

When you think back to the hits he was fined for (i.e. Brees) the title "repeat offender" is so inflated.

Herm Edwards just said the hit looked clean. The fact that every hit he lays out hard is deemed illegal only adds to his so called reputation.

My question is what do you think Tomlin says? Some of the Steeler beat writers seem to be taking the high road.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,072 Times in 509 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

This is major bullshit, although I guess we should be glad it's only one game. A lot of dip$hits out there were calling for him to be gone the rest of the season.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Well that's the end of football. The next few years will be a slow transition into further sissification untill real football fans just stop watching. Every good defense will be missing a good player every game. Might seem like an exageration but this is exactly how societies (communist Russia, nazi Germany) get eased into totalatarianism: a leader comes in and does whatever he wants, singles out whoever he wants to and punishes them however he wants to, appeals are not heard(usually by a state controlled court), and everybody (in this case the owners) is to scared to say anything. Sucks my kids wont get to grow up watching football. This year and the next few will be okay to watch, but it will be unbearable after that. Sad day for football.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #19
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Look... I'm all about big hits as much as the next guy, but why can't Harrison seem to realize you can't hit a guy in the face with the top of your helmet? He could easily have hit him just as hard going for the midsections with his shoulder and wrapping him up.

I totally get his is an intimidator. And I get he likes big hits. But after 5 fines and a bright spotlight, don't you think it is time to figure out how to play the new game? Plenty of other players have...

He has given multiple concussions in the past 3 years with his hits. The league is trying to stop concussions. Perhaps the suspension was the only way to send the message to players who don't react to monetary penalties.

Don't know if he will change his ways, but for the sake of your team, I hope he does.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
skip
Water Boy

Member Number: 19541

The NFL has created some ambiguous incentives with these hit restrictions. Players who are too conscientious about these rules are going to second guess themselves in split-second decisions. And if they're not making plays the risk their jobs. From a players perspective it's as simple as that. Do you get fined or fired?

Of course as usual the media is mostly at fault here for framing the debate. They pick who they like and who they don't like. These calls for fines/suspensions are almost entirely arbitrary. This is demonstrable by the inconsistency in the decisions.

Sure it's all just a big racket. It's just a shame the fans pay the real costs.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote