Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #61
soulkitchen
Water Boy

Member Number: 19225
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
also, an appeal should be just that. An appeal. With a chance of getting a ruling over-turned.

Unfortunately, in this communist-like dictatorship, an appeal is a complete joke, a waste of time, and not really "an appeal".
Just despicable. Shame on the NFL. I'm calling their office and telling them that my NFL subscription is canceled (i'll watch the pirated telecasts online) and that i'll never buy a piece of NFL licensed merchandise again. Ever.
That's how you handle it. Don't buy their crap. Buy it used from ebay or direct from china (i.e. readycheers.com - I have bought a couple jerseys from their site and have had no issues). If you want to buy tickets to a game, buy them from stubhub or ebay, don't use nfl ticket exchange (nfl's attempt to counter ebay and stubhub).

I for one would like a list of the major sponsers so I can begin to boycott them.

I am a season ticket holder, and supporter of my team, and after that my loyalty stops. The nfl and their commish can suck it.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #62
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,290 Times in 3,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Stupid big mouth of his probably didn't help. Whether Goodell and his cronies are little Hitlers or not, you can't publicly call them out. They were just waiting for him to do anything so they could suspend him. He did not play for several games this year and we did ok with Sylvester. I think Harrison may be on his way out of the league especially if his hits get the team fined. Don't lead with your damn head. Whether you want to agree or not, he lowered his head instead of just leading with a shoulder and wrapping him up. McCoy did not duck into this hit. It was vicious and uncalled for. And I am a HUGE Steeler fan. I would be very careful if I was Ryan Clark. He will be next.
Agreed - Harrison thought he could go helmet to helmet on a QB and, based upon his quotes, apparently thought he could do so once mcCoy left the pocket whether McCoy was a runner or passer. While the hit arguably was legal, Harriosn could have made the tackle without going helmet to helmet

So the potential MIAs for Monday night are Pro Bowl players at QB, center, linebacker, and safety - good luck with that

Get ready for playoffs on the road
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #63
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: #92 getting punished for an UNWARRANTED reputation

the problem is that the media is running with the story that James "is a dirty player". Thats the real problem. Why? Because the NFL instantly caves to whatever the media is printing. Hell, most of the fines and suspensions are being "guessed" by the panels and commentators days before they even happen now.
It's almost as if the decision makers in the office read the paper and watch the ESPN analysts....then "decide" how much the fine or suspension will be (without making the decisions on their own....as they SHOULD be doing) . And funny isn't it, that its almost ALWAYS what the analysts have said or printed?
Hmmm. Very suspicious.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #64
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD View Post
Tomlin's got to go...

Not having his team ready for games and not sticking up for his players.

Winner or not, he's got to go!
The only thing that could possibly come of Tomlin "sticking up" for Harrison is drawing a fine himself. Please, just STFU.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #65
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,290 Times in 3,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCullinanForever View Post
Tomlin obviously doesn't agree with the league, but I think his stance is that he is a coach trying to win a game on Monday night, not some sports analyst whose job is to state whether he agrees with the rule or not. It's business as usual, and I can't blame Tomlin..
Yep

Tomlin met with Goodell regarding the rules and presumably was told watch it on the helmet to helmet hits. Tomlin presumably carried that message back to the team. Then Harrison goes helmet to helmet - Tomlin's reaction to the suspension is how he had to play it
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #66
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD View Post
Tomlin's got to go...

Not having his team ready for games and not sticking up for his players.

Winner or not, he's got to go!

To be honest, there's not much Tomlin can say. He goes about as far as he can when he says that he disagrees with the hits being illegal (as he has done on numerous occasions).
If he want any further with comments, the league would in turn then dish out a fine to TOMLIN likely in the 6-figure range.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #67
soulkitchen
Water Boy

Member Number: 19225

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
To be honest, there's not much Tomlin can say. He goes about as far as he can when he says that he disagrees with the hits being illegal (as he has done on numerous occasions).
If he want any further with comments, the league would in turn then dish out a fine to TOMLIN likely in the 6-figure range.
Thanks for going the nice route on your response. I personally prefer the response STFU!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #68
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Yes, goodness knows, he needs to play clean. Like Ray Lewis.

Kindly take that bullshit elsewhere.
Didn't make any comparisons. Simply commenting on the issue at hand, which was Harrison's hit on McCoy. In a league that is trying to reduce the number of concussions due to hits to the head, all players need to be smarter and if they decide to still tackle people head to head, they need to be ready for the repercussions.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #69
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
it's hard to change something you've been trained to do since day 1. I've played safety/corner from pee wee leagues to high school, and they always taught us to lead with the helmet in between the numbers.

of course if you really wanted to put the hurt on someone or establish your dominance, you'd hit them in the grill. this usually flies up to college and you don't get penalized for it until you're in the pro leagues. but telling someone to change something they did for the last 15+ years isn't automatic
This is a BS excuse.

These guys are "professionals" getting paid more money in one year than almost all of us will ever see in a lifetime. You are telling me that because Harrison starting hitting guys in the face with the top of his helmet at age 10, he is incapable of figuring out how not to? I think that is absurd.

He doesn't want to change, which is fine. But it is now against league policy so he can either quit, change, or face the consequences. So far he's chosen #3.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #70
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Yes, he's supposed to defy the laws of physics, stop in mid air and adjust himself to a moving target.

Get that shit out of here.
He lined Colt up at least 5 yards out. He doesn't need to stop mid-air.... he needs to not aim for the head. Put your pads on his numbers and fold him in half with a legal hit and no one is talking about this today. Aim for the head, concuss McCoy and act like it ain't no thing, and he is sitting on the couch for SF.

I'll agree there are other Harrison hits that have been tougher because the reciever was crouching, or flinching, or moving. McCoy was by himself in the flat standing straight up. Harrison hit him exactly where he meant to. In the face with the top of his head.