Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick. Always.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways.
Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
|Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact||Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.|
|06-21-2006, 04:17 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Westerville, Ohio now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
Member Number: 2142
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spicy Turkey Chili
A comforting homemade dish with an extra special taste.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground corriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken base or bouillon granules
1 cup whole-kernel corn
1 (9-ounce) jar Major Grey's Chutney
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Add coriander, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
2. Mash navy beans in small bowl; add to skillet. Stir in kidney beans, water, chicken base, corn and chutney. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to low; cook, for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|