Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: 49'ers - Do We Win?

If Ben plays Steelers win. 9 ers can't score TD's. Alex Smith is riding Frank Gores coat tails. Gore is number 1 priority, then maybe even Ted Ginn on returns. We stop the run and no big punt returns and a win is in the books. And if Kemo stays on the bench I like chances even more.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

No way we lose this game...I might be biased or whatever but I believe well win the rest of our games this season and take the division with baltimore losing sunday night to the chargers.

I just don't think the niners are that scary of a team regardless of their record
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

TURNOVERS
Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,580 Times in 2,376 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentheon View Post
No way we lose this game...I might be biased or whatever but I believe well win the rest of our games this season and take the division with baltimore losing sunday night to the chargers.

I just don't think the niners are that scary of a team regardless of their record
the chargers are getting hot. they might pull it off. i won't bank on it though, cause rivers is a dumbass
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

All I need to say is Snack. By that I mean Hampton. Gore is Hamptons personal punching bag. Last time we played them he had something to the tune of 35 yards on 25 carries. 14 points is all we should need to win this one
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

Sorry but I feel the Steelers will win, it is too close to the playoffs, that is when the Steelers seem to play their best. I truly see Ben managing this game to a close win, I believe that the Steelers speed will catch the 49ers by surprise. Now on the defensive side, if Woodley plays with effectiveness, then the suspension of Harrison will not be such a big factor, no matter how much B.S. it is. What really scares me is the Steelers have to travel to the West coast to play on Monday night, then they have to travel back to the East coast to play on Saturday. That scares me, if the Browns were a 'catch' game the Rams may be a bigger "catch" game!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832

49 ers play in a weak division. Our D will dominate... everyone including Woodley should be healthy.
I think BB will play. He will be limited mobility but our quick passing game will be too much for Pat Willis and company. Tomlin will use Harrisons suspension as motivation... he is appealing this by the way and we aren't walking to the west coast... we fly and play a Monday nite game. Bring it on San Fran...
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #18
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Im not sure the fact that coming out West (Im here!) will be much an issue? They will have had 10 full days off being they played last Thursday. If our line can block, game over! Im feeling good about this one!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585

I don't see the steelers winning this game without one of James Harrison or Woodley. We know James isn't playing, we need Woodley. Half of the linebacker core out isn't going to get it done against the San Fran running game. You know they're going to run the football. Smith is not going to air it out a ton unless they get way behind. All that and it's not certain Ben and Pouncey are even going to play. It's going to be a long shot to win this one especially with the 49er's coming off a loss.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #20
skip
Water Boy

Member Number: 19541

It's interesting to compare attitudes on this thread to a similar thread on a 49ers message board. Steelers fans seem to have a lot more confidence in their team. Here is a random yet typical selection of comments from some SF fans:

"OFFENCE THE TEAM HAS NO OFFENCE I COME TO EXPECT IT HAD TO KICK 4 FIELD GOALS COME ON REALLY REALLLLLLY THIS OFFENCE SUCKS AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT ARE D and special teams is the only thing good on this team the hole offence sucks all of them we are going to get killed when we play the steelers if we play like this"

"and green bay or the saints will rape us come playoffs if we even now get the second seed if we lose to the steelers"

"everyone one on this offence sucks just sucks wheres the football OMFG cant see it 10-3 is great but now the steelers and the hawks at home we are in trouble of lossing the second seed cause now we are tied for it"

"Look at the Steelers and Giants offenses. They were FAAAAAAAAR better than ours. Far better. "

"If Harbaugh holds back the player that has given this team any glimmering hopes of winning for the past 6 years or so I am only left to assume that we loose to the Steelers. Our defense is going to bend against the Steelers. Its a given. If our offense keeps the ball on the ground and burns up the time long enough our defense will have enough time to rest instead of staying on the field all night after our offense goes 3 and out. If not, our defense will eventually break."

"I don't believe Alex can lead us to a win vs the Steelers!"

I take nothing for granted but I'm confident we can win this game.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote