Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #21
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251
Default Re: 49'ers - Do We Win?

with charlie we lose......with ben we win......WE NEED TO WIN BECAUSE THE CHARGERS WILL BEAT THE RATBIRDS FOR US
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,475 Times in 2,326 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor179 View Post
with charlie we lose......with ben we win......WE NEED TO WIN BECAUSE THE CHARGERS WILL BEAT THE RATBIRDS FOR US
The bengals might be the team to take then out in week 17. They likely will be playing for their playoff lives and will bring it. Who knows tho, the chargers are hot right now and the ravens have to travel cross country to play em. That's why they play the games.....
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #23
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the chargers are getting hot. they might pull it off. i won't bank on it though, cause rivers is a dumbass
They are getting hot, they always seem to do something at the end of a season that looks like it had no chance. Rivers is just having a bad year but I have a feeling hes gonna have a good game...Im countin on him
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #24
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

How much would it suck if Baltimore loses and we lay an egg in San Francisco? I'm up and down on this one. One moment I believe we can handle the 9'ers and the next I think about our injuries/suspensions and it just seems like an up-hill battle going on the road to San Fran givin how beat up we are and how physical they are. This one, is going to be a nail-biter.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #25
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

If Ben, Pouncey and Woodley play, we have a good chance of winning simply because our defense will be able to hold down their offense enough that our offense can outscore them.

If Woodley is out, it gets significantly tougher, especially if Polamalu is also out (he's listed as questionable) although to my knowledge that should not be an issue.

If Pouncey is out it hurts us significantly on the offensive line when we are already playing a staunch run defense.

If Ben is out, you have to think we lose playing against a 10-win team without the captain of our offense.

If all three play, I think we got them. Prediction: 20-13
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCullinanForever View Post
I know there are a bunch of threads regarding Ben, Harrison, the 49'ers game, etc, but simply put, do we win the ball game on Monday night? Yes or no, no explaining necessary (although I encourage it)
I still think this defense can shut down this offense, which is nothing really special (I thought it was, giving that Alex Smith is at the helm, but they are really no that much when facing a stiff defense). The steelers have the ability to stop the rush alot better than they were doing during the first month of the season, and their cornerbacks can shutdown the Niners recievers. the only player that worry me really on their offense is Frank Gore. Ill give credit to the Niners on how the design their runs, but I think the Steelers defense are up for the task.

The steelers offense is what worries me right now, whichc is pretty suprising to me as they have been playing very good lately( barring three games, they have scored at least 20 points since that week 4 lost to Houston, which for this Defense, is mostly all you need.) The offensive line maybe without its center for the first time this season, and maybe Kemo might start (bad idea if he does); and even if Ben plays (I think he does, no way he he misses a monday night game against this defense), he will be limited and cant be as mobile as he usually is. and for the running game, i am not expecting much from it; it has been streaky at best and Mendenhall has not been playing well so far this season, and the Steelers are also facing the number 1 rush Defense.

Overall, I expect this to be a very close, low scoring game. I do believe the Steelers defense will rise to the occasion in 4th like they have since the Ravens loss and make a play or two to seal the game.

13-6 steelers.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip View Post
It's interesting to compare attitudes on this thread to a similar thread on a 49ers message board. Steelers fans seem to have a lot more confidence in their team. Here is a random yet typical selection of comments from some SF fans:

"OFFENCE THE TEAM HAS NO OFFENCE I COME TO EXPECT IT HAD TO KICK 4 FIELD GOALS COME ON REALLY REALLLLLLY THIS OFFENCE SUCKS AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT ARE D and special teams is the only thing good on this team the hole offence sucks all of them we are going to get killed when we play the steelers if we play like this"

"and green bay or the saints will rape us come playoffs if we even now get the second seed if we lose to the steelers"

"everyone one on this offence sucks just sucks wheres the football OMFG cant see it 10-3 is great but now the steelers and the hawks at home we are in trouble of lossing the second seed cause now we are tied for it"

"Look at the Steelers and Giants offenses. They were FAAAAAAAAR better than ours. Far better. "

"If Harbaugh holds back the player that has given this team any glimmering hopes of winning for the past 6 years or so I am only left to assume that we loose to the Steelers. Our defense is going to bend against the Steelers. Its a given. If our offense keeps the ball on the ground and burns up the time long enough our defense will have enough time to rest instead of staying on the field all night after our offense goes 3 and out. If not, our defense will eventually break."

"I don't believe Alex can lead us to a win vs the Steelers!"

I take nothing for granted but I'm confident we can win this game.
Great info! Some smart guys over there!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,475 Times in 2,326 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

if we score a td on the opening drive, we will win the game. the 49ers are not a team that is built to play from behind. if they score on us first, it will be a nail biter.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #29
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
if we score a td on the opening drive, we will win the game. the 49ers are not a team that is built to play from behind. if they score on us first, it will be a nail biter.

That's a good point, the 49ers seem to score at a slow steady pace, if we jump ahead, than I feel good about our chances. Also it is true that the 49ers play in a weak division and have had a relatively easy schedule, with loses to the Ravens Cowboys and Cardinals, I think it's safe to say they are over rated and as long as we have the majority of our stars playing we will win in a low scoring game ... 13-10 or something.
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #30
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Quote:
The bengals might be the team to take then out in week 17. They likely will be playing for their playoff lives and will bring it. Who knows tho, the chargers are hot right now and the ravens have to travel cross country to play em. That's why they play the games.....

Im not trying to start anything but you think the CHARGERS are hot right now because what they beat the JAGS and Buffalo. I dont think this game will even be close, Phillips is 2 in INTs. Nuff said, i expect Our Defense to score atleast once and expect atleast 2 ints from RIVERS.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote