Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
BlaZeQuietly
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Default Who can beat the packers?

Who do you think has the best chance to beat the Packers? They are probably going to go undefeated unless they lose due to resting their starters in the final week against Detroit who may be playing for purpose. So, in the playoffs, who would be most likely to knock off the packers? The Saints on a good day could beat them, The Giants have showed they can come damn close. I'd say that's it for the NFC. If the Packers reach the superbowl, I think New England could match points with them, but Rodgers would tear that defense up probably leading to a shoot-out packer victory and I think its safe to say that the Ravens and Steelers would both have to have luck on their side or a VERY good game to beat them. So out of the mentioned teams... Saints, Giants, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Who has the best shot? I'd have to go Saints, but in a totally non biased way I'd say steelers are a close second due to the fact that they may be able to slow the packers offense down some, but bottom line is Rodgers is having an amazing season and the Packers are a clear favorite to win the superbowl, as much as I'd hate to see it happen.
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Who can beat the packers?

Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.....I would like another shot at them in the SB
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Steelers.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

Honestly, not being a homer, the Steelers have the best chance. You need a defense that's good against the pass and can get pressure on the QB, but you also need an offense with explosive wide receivers and an accurate QB. The Steelers are the only team that posses the right talent to beat them.
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

as said above, anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
One problem here (and yes, i watched a few of their games lately....), is that not only Rogers, but the whole damned team pretty much now is in "Brady - M Jordan land" where the refs won't call much of anything on them and call everything on the other side.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
steelersfan77
Team Captain

Member Number: 10585
My Mood: Breezy

The Steelers if they're allowed to hit the other team hard.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinart82 View Post
Honestly, not being a homer, the Steelers have the best chance. You need a defense that's good against the pass and can get pressure on the QB, but you also need an offense with explosive wide receivers and an accurate QB. The Steelers are the only team that posses the right talent to beat them.
NO offense meant, and I know it is all a matter of opinion, but the Steelers have not shown much in the way of being able to get pressure on any qb this year. I would guess that as far as any of the top defenses go, the Steelers are far down the list in hurries and knockdowns. But with that being said, obviously on any given Sunday we have the talent to beat any team. Not knowing what offense will show up would be the big question.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
lipps83
Head Coach

Member Number: 17725

We could not stop a 'not quite as effective as today' Packer offense in the Super Bowl. Our defense is not as good as last year, and their offense has improved. They easily win that match up.

Their weak spot is their defense. Our weak spot is our offensive coordinator. That match up would be a draw.

I would love to smash them, but I just don't see it happening. It would be a close game again, but I see them coming out on top.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
steelersfan77
Team Captain

I don't know about not getting pressure. Just because a team doesn't record sacks doesn't mean they're not getting pressure. Getting pressure has alot to do with this team being better against the pass.

From what I see there's been plenty of pressure up the gut and lately Harrison has been wreaking havoc on the outside. Woodley has what, 9 sacks, and hasn't even played a handful of games plus. The guy is a terror for offensive tackles. My guess is we'll see plenty of pressure from the steelers against San Fran who was weak against the protection in losses to Baltimore and Arizona.

Still 16th in the league in sacks without Woodley and Harrison for some of the season because of injury. I hope they're both healthy come playoff time.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
steelersfan77
Team Captain

If the steelers wouldn't of turned the ball over we win that game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. That was last year, this is this year. I think our secondary coverage is much better and much deeper this year. William Gay has been playing better and the rookies are coming along nicely. Allen and Brown. Taylor is probably the most physical corner in the league.

I'm starting to lose confidence in Ben come Super Bowl time. If he gets another chance and that's a big if, it's hard to get there, I want to see him let up the statistics and earn an MVP. He's better than what he's played the first three trips. I honestly thought that last year was going to be the super bowl that he broke out.