Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,044 Times in 879 Posts
Default Want some cheese with that whine?

Flacco grumbles about Tebow coverage
December, 16, 2011

By Jamison Hensley

Don't expect Joe Flacco to be Tebowing anytime soon.

The Ravens quarterback publicly complained about how the national spotlight is focused on Tim Tebow and questioned why Baltimore doesn't receive the same attention.

"I like Tim, but you have a tendency to want to -- I don't want to see Tim do bad -- but look what happens after he wins a football game," Flacco told a local radio station in Baltimore, via NFL.com. "If you watched 'SportsCenter' today, it was Tim Tebow then something else, Tim Tebow then something else, and Tim Tebow then something else. When we beat the Steelers, were we on TV? No. I couldn't even find a Baltimore Ravens highlight. I think that's kinda the way it is around Baltimore. We don't always get our respect but you gotta deal with it and go out there every week and just win football games."

This drew a reaction from Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who has taken a shot at Flacco previously. Relaying the news to his followers, Woodley tweeted: "Is it me or does some1 sound jealous? LOL!!"

Flacco could successfully argue that the Ravens have a better record than the Broncos and he is putting up better numbers than Tebow. But the dramatic finishes by Tebow have become a national sensation.

Flacco's comments also come before the Ravens make their fifth prime-time appearance of the season, a Sunday night game at San Diego.

"I just think we're disrespected as an organization when it comes to the media," Flacco said.

The Ravens played a major role in Tebow-mania landing in Denver. Baltimore was the team that traded its 2010 first-round pick to the Broncos, who used the 25th overall pick on Tebow. The Ravens received picks in the second (pass rusher Sergio Kindle), third (tight end Ed Dickson) and fourth rounds (tight end Dennis Pitta).

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...tebow-coverage
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: Want some cheese with that whine?

Well, they will get lots of coverage when Flacco and the Ratbirds play and lose to the Steelers in the playoffs!!

What a stiff!!

Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

See, all the whining from their fans has spread to their QB......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
casteeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Sleepy

How about some attention on Monday for Flacco, the headlines can read " Flacco and Ravens blown out in San Diego"
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,135 Times in 855 Posts

Hissy fit much? What a f*ckin toolbag, sissy. If Ben would of done this, the entire FLOCK of the Ravens fanbase would of been pissing their pants of laughter. What a complete joke this guy is. First rumbling about his contract, crying, and now offended and jealous of Tim Tebow? Wah, wah, wah. Get over it dude, you're not even the best QB in your own division. Flacco STILL has to go through the Steelers in the playoffs to gain credibility. (This dude needs to open his eyes, maybe that Bert unibrow is covering them up. I've seen nothing but Ravens praise and that Torrey Smith PUSHOFF multiple times when they beat us here in Pittsburgh. This dude needs some Kleenex.)

Until then, keep giving your coach's Gatorade bath's and embarrassing yourselves in the media, Baltimorons.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

hardly surprising coming from the whiniest football team in the NFL.. the coach, players, and fans.. all they do is cry and whine.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
Black N' Yellow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19123

He does kinda have a point about the media over-hyping Tebow but he just needs to deal with it and try to actually get past the Steelers in the playoffs for once...
Black N' Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black N' Yellow View Post
He does kinda have a point about the media over-hyping Tebow but he just needs to deal with it and try to actually get past the Steelers in the playoffs for once...
Tebow has been dissed and thrown under the bus since he was drafted, and now he's winning. He always been in the media, but now he's in it because he's winning. I hope he keeps getting media coverage, because he deserves it. It isn't just him though. That Broncos team has really hit it's stride.

As for Flacco. He's not ready for the playoffs. He was scared half to death both time's we played them this year.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Flacco is messing with a higher power here - it is like saying Jesus is getting too much pub

There will be consequences for The Unibrow
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Flacco grumbles about Tebow coverage
December, 16, 2011

By Jamison Hensley

Don't expect Joe Flacco to be Tebowing anytime soon.

The Ravens quarterback publicly complained about how the national spotlight is focused on Tim Tebow and questioned why Baltimore doesn't receive the same attention.

"I like Tim, but you have a tendency to want to -- I don't want to see Tim do bad -- but look what happens after he wins a football game," Flacco told a local radio station in Baltimore, via NFL.com. "If you watched 'SportsCenter' today, it was Tim Tebow then something else, Tim Tebow then something else, and Tim Tebow then something else. When we beat the Steelers, were we on TV? No. I couldn't even find a Baltimore Ravens highlight. I think that's kinda the way it is around Baltimore. We don't always get our respect but you gotta deal with it and go out there every week and just win football games."

This drew a reaction from Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who has taken a shot at Flacco previously. Relaying the news to his followers, Woodley tweeted: "Is it me or does some1 sound jealous? LOL!!"

Flacco could successfully argue that the Ravens have a better record than the Broncos and he is putting up better numbers than Tebow. But the dramatic finishes by Tebow have become a national sensation.

Flacco's comments also come before the Ravens make their fifth prime-time appearance of the season, a Sunday night game at San Diego.

"I just think we're disrespected as an organization when it comes to the media," Flacco said.

The Ravens played a major role in Tebow-mania landing in Denver. Baltimore was the team that traded its 2010 first-round pick to the Broncos, who used the 25th overall pick on Tebow. The Ravens received picks in the second (pass rusher Sergio Kindle), third (tight end Ed Dickson) and fourth rounds (tight end Dennis Pitta).

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...tebow-coverage

Wow that s funny, because they discussed that on NFL 32 last night and totally Agreed with him. Arnt you sick of hearing about Tebow, the guy sucks, only reason he wins is because of his DEFENSE and some fluke plays like gimme fieldgoals missed by the opposing team or just dumb plays from the Bears RB.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote