Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438
Default Re: Want some cheese with that whine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Flacco is messing with a higher power here - it is like saying Jesus is getting too much pub

There will be consequences for The Unibrow
I guess you could say that if you actually believed in that crap called RELIGION

Unibrow has been gone for a few yrs now buddy.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
See, all the whining from their fans has spread to their QB......

I know this is your guys forum and all and im trying to be respectful but isnt it hypocritical to talk about whining when Steeler fans whine about Harrison being suspended, Sue got his, Harrison is a hell of a player but he has been bitten the hand that feeds him for too long now. (Roger Goddel) < who i also think is an ass whipe
Old 12-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #13
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Disrespected as an organization when it comes to the media? The ravens haven't won anything big in a long time and always end there season in Pittsburgh, they are a good team but unless you win big the media will tend to over look you. Furthermore, join the club and get used to it. The Steelers and plenty other teams are "disrespected" by the media year in and year out. The Tebow situation is an exception to the rule, usually the media ball washing is centered around some team that is passing for 400+ yards a game. No matter how bad their defense is, or ineffective their running game is, if they can pass for big numbers they are in the league's "cool crowd". IF Flacco ever wins a championship then he will get a little more of the spotlight, but bottom line is the league doesn't want to see the style of football the ravens or Steelers play. Ben has won 2 SB's, been to 3 and beats the ravens in the playoffs all the time and still doesn't get the credit he deserves. Bottom line, don't worry about the media.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #14
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Riiiiiggghhhttt, the Steelers or their fans would never stoop to playing the victim and convincing themselves they aren't being treated fairly. Hah! My goodness. Pot? Kettle?
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Disrespected as an organization when it comes to the media? The ravens haven't won anything big in a long time and always end there season in Pittsburgh, they are a good team but unless you win big the media will tend to over look you. Furthermore, join the club and get used to it. The Steelers and plenty other teams are "disrespected" by the media year in and year out. The Tebow situation is an exception to the rule, usually the media ball washing is centered around some team that is passing for 400+ yards a game. No matter how bad their defense is, or ineffective their running game is, if they can pass for big numbers they are in the league's "cool crowd". IF Flacco ever wins a championship then he will get a little more of the spotlight, but bottom line is the league doesn't want to see the style of football the ravens or Steelers play. Ben has won 2 SB's, been to 3 and beats the ravens in the playoffs all the time and still doesn't get the credit he deserves. Bottom line, don't worry about the media.

Just to let everyone know , Joes comments were taking out of contexts, He wasnt referring to just the RAVENS ORGANIZATION, he was referring to the whole NFL ORGANIZATION as a whole. Im sick of TEBOW, ive watch 4 games so far of DENVER and trust me, he hasnt done anythng what so ever to impress me. Vick does the same thing as TEBOW but better. Would any Steeler fan want TEBOW on their team as a qb, HELL NO and the same goes for RAVENS fans and pretty much any other team for that matter. Let me see TEBOW throw 4 td and beat the crap out of the PATS and maybe he will get my respect, but even then the PATS defense is one of the worst this yr. So its a matter of Tebow keeping up with Brady. Plus Brady is facing DENVERS defense, Tebow is facing the Pats Defense so it wont be too hard to score on the pats. Brady would have a field day playing the PATS defense. The same cant be said for TEBOW playing DENVERS. And Practicing against your own teams defense doesnt even count anymore, its not even half contact ,let alone full contact.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Agreed, somehow Tebow keeps winning games but it will not sustain. It doesn't have a prayer of sustaining. The NFL is so much different then college football that defenses will get caught off guard by the goof ball type plays Denver runs. I think the pats are going to blow them out, I don't think Denver will even score much on the pats horrible defense because the Denver offense sucks. It consists of a lot of help from the defense, luck, and backyard style plays that catch defenses off guard for the time being. Eventually it won't work for them at all and eventually they will be playing a defense like ours and someone like Clark or Timmons who are moving freely around the field will read the play and put Tebow out for a while. Seems like a nice guy, and yes they are somehow winning, but it's not NFL football and it will dwindle just like the wildcat.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,088 Times in 3,416 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRK82 View Post
Wow that s funny, because they discussed that on NFL 32 last night and totally Agreed with him. Arnt you sick of hearing about Tebow, the guy sucks, only reason he wins is because of his DEFENSE and some fluke plays like gimme fieldgoals missed by the opposing team or just dumb plays from the Bears RB.
yes it is funny. Flacco is a complete joke. I don't care how Denver wins, they are playing together great and winning as a team. I don't care how much coverage Tebow gets, he keeps winning and it doesn't matter how.

Flacco's comments are ridiculously funny. He needs to stop worrying about his image in the media.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #18
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,088 Times in 3,416 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Agreed, somehow Tebow keeps winning games but it will not sustain. It doesn't have a prayer of sustaining. The NFL is so much different then college football that defenses will get caught off guard by the goof ball type plays Denver runs. I think the pats are going to blow them out, I don't think Denver will even score much on the pats horrible defense because the Denver offense sucks. It consists of a lot of help from the defense, luck, and backyard style plays that catch defenses off guard for the time being. Eventually it won't work for them at all and eventually they will be playing a defense like ours and someone like Clark or Timmons who are moving freely around the field will read the play and put Tebow out for a while. Seems like a nice guy, and yes they are somehow winning, but it's not NFL football and it will dwindle just like the wildcat.
I would tend to agree, but remember the Steelers in 04, they beat the Patriots (who were better then), and the Eagles (who were great that year) in back to back weeks.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,605 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Flacco's not a quarterback. He can't get it done in crunchtime, and it only works for him when the Ref's help.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #20
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

He gets it from their coach.