Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,420
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 313
Thanked 860 Times in 412 Posts
Default Pouncey is out

Steelers: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable for Monday
Saturday, December 17, 2011
By Dan Gigler, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey has been ruled out of Monday night's game in San Francisco and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is questionable, both because of left high ankle sprains.
Both players sustained their injuries in the second quarter of last Thursday's 14-3 win over Cleveland. Doug Legursky will start in place of Pouncey; Roethlisberger was limited in practice yesterday and yesterday and today.
Saftey Troy Polamalu (hamstring) was a full participant in Saturday's practice and is listed as probable, as is right tackle Marcus Gilbert.
Wide receiver Emmanuel Saunders (right foot), outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) are also out; wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring), Ben (ankle), CB CBrown (knee) are questionable.


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11351...#ixzz1gpE0XMEV

I hope this is just bad luck with Sanders, and not a sign of things to come. Maybe Limas Sweed is still available.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
FanSince72
Team President
 
FanSince72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,235
Member Number: 17502
Thanks: 292
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Pouncey is out

No surprise there.

A high ankle sprain for a center (or any lineman for that matter) is a serious injury in terms of healing time and one week is hardly enough time even under the best of circumstances.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Pouncey is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Steelers: Pouncey out, Roethlisberger questionable for Monday
Saturday, December 17, 2011
By Dan Gigler, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey has been ruled out of Monday night's game in San Francisco and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is questionable, both because of left high ankle sprains.
Both players sustained their injuries in the second quarter of last Thursday's 14-3 win over Cleveland. Doug Legursky will start in place of Pouncey; Roethlisberger was limited in practice yesterday and yesterday and today.
Saftey Troy Polamalu (hamstring) was a full participant in Saturday's practice and is listed as probable, as is right tackle Marcus Gilbert.
Wide receiver Emmanuel Saunders (right foot), outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) are also out; wide receiver Arnaz Battle (hamstring), Ben (ankle), CB CBrown (knee) are questionable.


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11351...#ixzz1gpE0XMEV

I hope this is just bad luck with Sanders, and not a sign of things to come. Maybe Limas Sweed is still available.
After he said he'd play all week, he's ruled. Guess it's not his decision to be honest. Kind of sucks. Well, thanks for the update Ric.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
rgj
Bench Warmer
 
rgj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 277
Member Number: 7995
Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Pouncey is out

Doesn't surprise me. Pouncey has been injured the past two seasons.
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,420
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 313
Thanked 860 Times in 412 Posts
Default Re: Pouncey is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgj View Post
Doesn't surprise me. Pouncey has been injured the past two seasons.
He's missed one game: the Super Bowl. This will be his second game. Saying he "has been injured the past two seasons" suggests a problem.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Pouncey is out

Not that it's easy on Ben or anything, but that sprain is way harder on Pouncey. Every play he has his body weight and the pressure from another huge DL on his ankles. I wanted him to play since the niners have a good defense, but it's probably better that he doesn't. I just can't believe all the hamstring injuries this season: Woodley, Carter, Worilds, and Polamalu, seems like there was another but I can't recall.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steeltheone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harrisburg Pa.
Posts: 3,282
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6351
Thanks: 199
Thanked 292 Times in 179 Posts
Default Re: Pouncey is out

He may not have missed starting many games, but has come off the field many times.
__________________
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
steeltheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Pouncey is out

i'm starting to think this is what we're going to see from Pouncey. Injured all the time.
It certainly hasn't started out good. Is the guy made out of glass? Is he going to be another Sepulveda?

I hope this doesn't become a "he would have been a great one......."
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Pouncey is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i'm starting to think this is what we're going to see from Pouncey. Injured all the time.
It certainly hasn't started out good. Is the guy made out of glass? Is he going to be another Sepulveda?

I hope this doesn't become a "he would have been a great one......."
I don't think so. You got to give him credit, Iv'e seen him taking on 2 guys all by his self due to the tackles next to him getting beat. He's only missed one game due to injuries, granted it was the big one.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Pouncey is out

Is it Pouncey's fault that people keep falling on him? Injury prone is constantly pulling hamstrings and dislocating shoulders and stuff. Pouncey keeps getting fallen on.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts