Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Worilds, Harrison and Essex

| More
The Steel Mill
News and updates about the Pittsburgh Steelers

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...son-and-essex/

Worilds, Harrison and Essex
December 16th, 2011

Some odds and ends with the Steelers’ Monday Night Football game rapidly approaching…

– Ryan Clark is not the only one that had good things to say about Jason Worilds this week at the Steelers’ practice facility.
When asked how Worilds has fared at left outside linebacker when playing for LaMarr Woodley, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said, “People have tried to run over there and I think Jason’s held up very well. I’m sure that he’ll get a couple of (more) tickets to the dance, but I think he’ll do fine.”
Worilds, who has three sacks in the last three games, will play right outside linebacker in San Francisco assuming Woodley doesn’t have a setback and also suits up against the 49ers.
Moving to the right side shouldn’t be too much of an adjustment for Worilds, who, along with cornerback William Gay and defensive tackle Steve McLendon, has been one of the most unsung players on the Steelers’ defense.
As the Steelers’ top reserve at outside linebacker Worilds gets reps on both the right and left sides. And he is actually listed at right outside linebacker on the Steelers’ depth chart.
“It’s less of a switch for him than it would be for somebody else,” LeBeau said.

– It’s a good thing for the Steelers that the Trai Essex is so versatile.
In addition to working at left guard with the first-team offense this week, Essex said he has also taken some snaps at center.
Essex is the No. 3 center behind Maurkice Pouncey and Doug Legursky.
He will start at left guard against the 49ers if Pouncey is unable to play because of a high ankle sprain and Legursky has to fill in at center.
Asked when he will find out if he is starting in San Francisco, Essex said, ““I’ve been practicing all week so I’m going in with that mentality.”

– Clark on James Harrison not getting his one-game suspension overturned following an appeal.
“I don’t care about the league’s message anymore. It’s about us playing the type of football that’s going to help us win championships despite who gets suspended, despite who gets fined. We’re going to play within the rules. We’re going to stop fighting this battle.
“Like I said on Wednesday, my disappointment is for James. I think he’s been trying really hard to comply with what’s being asked of him and for him to be suspended for this situation to us is disheartening. To me it was a between he whistle play that they’re making an example out of him for this year. I don’t think it’s right but we just have to continue playing and roll with the punches and try to win a game without one of our best players.”

– Steelers fans that are trekking to San Francisco and want a little Pittsburgh flavor should look no further than Giordano Bros.
The Steelers bar is on 16th Street in Mission neighborhood, and it will be a hub for visiting fans this weekend as well as Monday. The place should be hopping and it is worth checking out, especially if you are in the mood for a Primanti Brothers Sandwich.
The phone number for Giordano Bros is 415-437-2767. You can also find more information by going to http://www.yelp.com/biz/giordano-bros-san-francisco-2.

– Scott Brown
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483
Default Re: Worilds, Harrison and Essex

I love the way Clark has Harrison's back!

Anyone else think there is more riding on the health of Woodley then the effectiveness of Worilds?
Old 12-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
I love the way Clark has Harrison's back!

Anyone else think there is more riding on the health of Woodley then the effectiveness of Worilds?
I'm not surprised Clark has his back. If Clark and Harrison have one thing in common, it's that they really knock the hell out of their assignments, lol.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,920 Times in 4,520 Posts

Quote:
I’m sure that he’ll get a couple of (more) tickets to the dance, but I think he’ll do fine.”
Worilds, who has three sacks in the last three games, will play right outside linebacker in San Francisco assuming Woodley doesn’t have a setback and also suits up against the 49ers.
Moving to the right side shouldn’t be too much of an adjustment for Worilds, who, along with cornerback William Gay and defensive tackle Steve McLendon, has been one of the most unsung players on the Steelers’ defense.
As the Steelers’ top reserve at outside linebacker Worilds gets reps on both the right and left sides. And he is actually listed at right outside linebacker on the Steelers’ depth chart.
“It’s less of a switch for him than it would be for somebody else,” LeBeau said.
one day i expect to read cam heywards name in this paragraph (preferably sooner than later). i KNOW it is the teams expectations as well. forget what the depth chart says. the game is played on the gridiron, not in the printed press and game programs.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
one day i expect to read cam heywards name in this paragraph (preferably sooner than later). i KNOW it is the teams expectations as well. forget what the depth chart says. the game is played on the gridiron, not in the printed press and game programs.
Tomlin has inched his way towards the youngsters this year, and i'm sure before long we'll be seeing more of Cam. At least I hope

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote