Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I don't see one and done unless our first game is Baltimore or NE, those are the only teams I'm worried about
this team has been way too inconsistent on the road.. a loss to Denver, Oakland, or San Diego would not surprise me.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
this team has been way too inconsistent on the road.. a loss to Denver, Oakland, or San Diego would not surprise me.
Especially if Ben has to hobble around like that for much longer

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105

Quote:
We are already in the playoffs, we can't win at home with all these injuries. Get the team healthy and try a run on the road, thats our best bet.

Baltimore won't lose another game this regular season, this was our chance to do it and we didn't get it done.
NO the the ravens remaining games are not cake walks so we still might have a chance
Old 12-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocckbottomxmen View Post
NO the the ravens remaining games are not cake walks so we still might have a chance
even if we end up winning the division, we all but lost the 1st round bye.. the #1 seed is now New England's to lose. we would need Houston and Baltimore to lose again to get a bye.. we had our chance.. the cards all fell into place and we blew it.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
We lost because BEN isn't ready to play. To be honest I thought the team wasn't playing bad minus farrior and Ben. He isn't the same with that bum ankle, he needs to sit. If he can't get healthy come playoff time the season is over
Thats why I still can't believe they (meaning ROONEY and TOMLIN ultimately) would even play their #1 star QB, endangering him at this point of the season.
We were lucky that Ben didn't get an "end-of-season" injury on that same ankle.
Ben should have rested and got healthy again.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
ggoldman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14758

How could we not get pressure on the most sacked QB in the league
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #17
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
even if we end up winning the division, we all but lost the 1st round bye.. the #1 seed is now New England's to lose. we would need Houston and Baltimore to lose again to get a bye.. we had our chance.. the cards all fell into place and we blew it.
oh houston will lose again believe that. And you all seem to lack faith in the steelers ability on the road. The playoffs come we will see a different team on the rd. The only rd game that would concern me would be the patriots. But I still see them doing that in a shootout
Old 12-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #18
ggoldman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14758

We need to stop letting Farrior cover TE's, he got burned in the Texans game, and he also got burned in this game
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

The defense has played okay. They generally have done well keeping points off the board, but the pass rush has been poor in all but a few games and we don't get off the field on third down. Also they don't get ANY yurnovers. The defense would be good enough to win it all if the offense would play up to at least most of it's potential. I know the pass D is statistically good, but realistically for all the talent and big contracts on the defense, they are underachieving. The FO really needs to hold Tomlin more accountable. We have arguabally the best group of receivers in football, a great TE, an O line that had been playing well anf one of the best QB's in football and our offense is STILL mediocre. Every year it's mediocre at best. A lot of it is on Arians but it's not just him, the boss of Arians and the entire offense is Tomlin. This is the only team that I've seen with the talent and potential to beat anybody but the play calling and half assing ability to beat nobody, this year I just don't think they have it.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #20
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
The defense has played okay. They generally have done well keeping points off the board, but the pass rush has been poor in all but a few games and we don't get off the field on third down. Also they don't get ANY yurnovers. The defense would be good enough to win it all if the offense would play up to at least most of it's potential. I know the pass D is statistically good, but realistically for all the talent and big contracts on the defense, they are underachieving. The FO really needs to hold Tomlin more accountable. We have arguabally the best group of receivers in football, a great TE, an O line that had been playing well anf one of the best QB's in football and our offense is STILL mediocre. Every year it's mediocre at best. A lot of it is on Arians but it's not just him, the boss of Arians and the entire offense is Tomlin. This is the only team that I've seen with the talent and potential to beat anybody but the play calling and half assing ability to beat nobody, this year I just don't think they have it.
Right on. I agree with the accountability on offense. And I think that has start with Ben. Careless turnovers in the red zone should be unacceptable. I think the O hasn't played up to its potential all year long. In fact, if you wind back the clock, you'll see an O that has struggled to put teams away for a long time now. Ask yourself where would this offense be without the defense that they've had over the last few years? They would be lost. They struggle with consistency and that is why they are forced to go into the no-huddle. The reason that the no-huddle emerges is because their conventional offense cannot get it done for 4 quarters. Teams seem to figure them out or they shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. The freaking turnovers have got to stop - NOW. Not only are they not getting any turnovers, they are compounding the TO differential by giving the bloody ball away. Tomlin has got to chew Ben out. The blank cheque has to be torn up. The guy is a leader and yeah, I get it, he takes a pounding blah blah but he should know better than anyone not to throw into triple coverage down the seam in the red zone on a bum leg and with a broken thumb. If Ben would just take what the defense gave him on occasion, this offense could be awesome.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote