Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,011
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 116 Times in 55 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I don't see one and done unless our first game is Baltimore or NE, those are the only teams I'm worried about
this team has been way too inconsistent on the road.. a loss to Denver, Oakland, or San Diego would not surprise me.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
Steel_Bus_24
Team President
 
Steel_Bus_24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,491
Member Number: 2886
Thanks: 242
Thanked 736 Times in 376 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
this team has been way too inconsistent on the road.. a loss to Denver, Oakland, or San Diego would not surprise me.
Especially if Ben has to hobble around like that for much longer
__________________

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect
 
rocckbottomxmen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North carolina
Posts: 104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
We are already in the playoffs, we can't win at home with all these injuries. Get the team healthy and try a run on the road, thats our best bet.

Baltimore won't lose another game this regular season, this was our chance to do it and we didn't get it done.
NO the the ravens remaining games are not cake walks so we still might have a chance
__________________
rocckbottomxmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,011
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 116 Times in 55 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocckbottomxmen View Post
NO the the ravens remaining games are not cake walks so we still might have a chance
even if we end up winning the division, we all but lost the 1st round bye.. the #1 seed is now New England's to lose. we would need Houston and Baltimore to lose again to get a bye.. we had our chance.. the cards all fell into place and we blew it.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
Kanata-Steeler
Team President
 
Kanata-Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,026
Member Number: 15552
Thanks: 119
Thanked 127 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
We lost because BEN isn't ready to play. To be honest I thought the team wasn't playing bad minus farrior and Ben. He isn't the same with that bum ankle, he needs to sit. If he can't get healthy come playoff time the season is over
Thats why I still can't believe they (meaning ROONEY and TOMLIN ultimately) would even play their #1 star QB, endangering him at this point of the season.
We were lucky that Ben didn't get an "end-of-season" injury on that same ankle.
Ben should have rested and got healthy again.
.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
ggoldman
Draft Prospect
 
ggoldman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 132
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14758
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

How could we not get pressure on the most sacked QB in the league
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #17
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect
 
rocckbottomxmen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North carolina
Posts: 104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
even if we end up winning the division, we all but lost the 1st round bye.. the #1 seed is now New England's to lose. we would need Houston and Baltimore to lose again to get a bye.. we had our chance.. the cards all fell into place and we blew it.
oh houston will lose again believe that. And you all seem to lack faith in the steelers ability on the road. The playoffs come we will see a different team on the rd. The only rd game that would concern me would be the patriots. But I still see them doing that in a shootout
__________________
rocckbottomxmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #18
ggoldman
Draft Prospect
 
ggoldman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 132
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14758
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

We need to stop letting Farrior cover TE's, he got burned in the Texans game, and he also got burned in this game
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #19
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

The defense has played okay. They generally have done well keeping points off the board, but the pass rush has been poor in all but a few games and we don't get off the field on third down. Also they don't get ANY yurnovers. The defense would be good enough to win it all if the offense would play up to at least most of it's potential. I know the pass D is statistically good, but realistically for all the talent and big contracts on the defense, they are underachieving. The FO really needs to hold Tomlin more accountable. We have arguabally the best group of receivers in football, a great TE, an O line that had been playing well anf one of the best QB's in football and our offense is STILL mediocre. Every year it's mediocre at best. A lot of it is on Arians but it's not just him, the boss of Arians and the entire offense is Tomlin. This is the only team that I've seen with the talent and potential to beat anybody but the play calling and half assing ability to beat nobody, this year I just don't think they have it.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #20
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 246
Thanked 476 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Rest the starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
The defense has played okay. They generally have done well keeping points off the board, but the pass rush has been poor in all but a few games and we don't get off the field on third down. Also they don't get ANY yurnovers. The defense would be good enough to win it all if the offense would play up to at least most of it's potential. I know the pass D is statistically good, but realistically for all the talent and big contracts on the defense, they are underachieving. The FO really needs to hold Tomlin more accountable. We have arguabally the best group of receivers in football, a great TE, an O line that had been playing well anf one of the best QB's in football and our offense is STILL mediocre. Every year it's mediocre at best. A lot of it is on Arians but it's not just him, the boss of Arians and the entire offense is Tomlin. This is the only team that I've seen with the talent and potential to beat anybody but the play calling and half assing ability to beat nobody, this year I just don't think they have it.
Right on. I agree with the accountability on offense. And I think that has start with Ben. Careless turnovers in the red zone should be unacceptable. I think the O hasn't played up to its potential all year long. In fact, if you wind back the clock, you'll see an O that has struggled to put teams away for a long time now. Ask yourself where would this offense be without the defense that they've had over the last few years? They would be lost. They struggle with consistency and that is why they are forced to go into the no-huddle. The reason that the no-huddle emerges is because their conventional offense cannot get it done for 4 quarters. Teams seem to figure them out or they shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. The freaking turnovers have got to stop - NOW. Not only are they not getting any turnovers, they are compounding the TO differential by giving the bloody ball away. Tomlin has got to chew Ben out. The blank cheque has to be torn up. The guy is a leader and yeah, I get it, he takes a pounding blah blah but he should know better than anyone not to throw into triple coverage down the seam in the red zone on a bum leg and with a broken thumb. If Ben would just take what the defense gave him on occasion, this offense could be awesome.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts