Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default OUT COACHED

We lost this game before it ever started.

Yea Ben was bad...yea the O-line fell apart in the 4th quarter. But lets be honest... the game was over before it started. It was pretty clear Harbaugh out coached us. Now I know what all those teams feel like after Bill Cowher bent them over all those years.... we were beaten with less talent. It's hard to watch...but you really can't deny it... Harbaugh bent Mike Tomlin over his knee and spanked him.

horrible.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
ggoldman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14758
Default Re: OUT COACHED

its hard to win when your average starting position is at the 13 yard line.
ggoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Boy, you can say that again.

I can clearly say, even without the immediate emotion of losing, that our coaching did a horrific, REALLY awful job tonight, right down to the basic of not having the team ready and everything in between.
I mean, did you see their D-linemen? Its like they were salivating and spewing anger, they were so hyped up....our D-line looked they were sewing a blanket.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Steelerfreak58
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8080

Piss poor adjustments at Half-time has been a problem all year long. 6-0 at the half and in the game to BUMBLE STUMBLE STEELER BALL in the second half...

AGREED OUT COACHED...
Old 12-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldman View Post
its hard to win when your average starting position is at the 13 yard line.

Sure, that's true... but it really has nothing to do with the fact that Tomlin did not put us in the position to win. The ONLY reason that game was with in reach was because the 49ers have a bad QB ...he's just not good - but he doesn't turn it over..... the 49ers let us beat our selves...with bad playcalling and mental errors. That was Bill Cowher's game plan for years....and it works if you are a good enough to coach your team to not make mistakes.

If Smith hits his 2 WIDE OPEN WR's early in the game it's a total blow out
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

HELLO.....you play to win the game....now where did i hear that before?!!!!!!!!!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

I've always stood up for Tomlin and liked the way he's done things. And I am NOT a doom and gloom, the sky is falling, trade Ben type of guy at all. I LOVE my Steelers, but after tonight I really wonder if Tomlin is the right fit. I'm sure as hell not saying we should have went with Whiz, but how much of Tomlin's success came from what Cowher and Colbert have put in place. My major issue is with Mike not pulling Ben, Cowher did it years ago when Ben was just hurting the team, tonight Ben could have gotten really hurt and Mike just left him out there and he obviously wasn't in any shape to be playing. I know Ben is as tough as nails, I also know we have the best chance of winning when he's on the field, but at what cost, are you willing to lose him for the rest of the year??? Give the ball to Batch or Dixon and call it for what it is!
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Sure, that's true... but it really has nothing to do with the fact that Tomlin did not put us in the position to win. The ONLY reason that game was with in reach was because the 49ers have a bad QB ...he's just not good - but he doesn't turn it over..... the 49ers let us beat our selves...with bad playcalling and mental errors. That was Bill Cowher's game plan for years....and it works if you are a good enough to coach your team to not make mistakes.

If Smith hits his 2 WIDE OPEN WR's early in the game it's a total blow out
yeah, it should been have been a much bigger scoring game for them than it was.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

You can't blame Ben for this loss he is injured.

Like always our coaching staff never has a game plan. It's the same old bullshit every week. This coaching staff is horrid and needs to go. Dick LeBeau is washed up as well. How many times are we gonna run the X blitz up the middle? Tomlin is still living off of Cowher's players. F*ck our D cannot even cover toilet bowl receivers.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #10
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

I'm not saying this as a dig at our team.... but really IMO Harbaugh is easily the coach of the year..... first coach I've seen that reminds me of Bill Cowher. It was like watching Bill Cowher beat us..... This is nothing against Tomlin either. I just haven't seen a coach consistently win games like the 49ers are right now with so little.... limiting mistakes, creating mistakes, playing sound defense, and winning. I don't know if Haraugh can keep it up for years....but that was really like watching Bill Cowher beat us. We had so much more talent then the 49ers and we still got our butts handed to us.

I haven't seen us out coached like that in a long time. You have to give props to Harbaugh. It's been a while since I've seen coaching like that..... I miss Bill.