Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488
Default Too Much Raven Hatred By Steeler Fans?

I have noticed both at the stadium and on the Internet and talk radio an extreme dislike, even hate, of Baltimore and the Ravens. Not sure this is a good thing. It is one thing to like the Steelers, another to hate the opposition so much as to wish injury to their star players.

It is also somewhat puzzling, it is not like the Ravens eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs it is the other way around.

So if This turns out to be Baltimore's year. I don't see it as the end of the world if ray ray gets another ring and Harbaugh and Flacco get their first . The Steelers still would be ahead in Super Bowl rings.
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165
Default Re: Too Much Raven Hatred By Steeler Fans?

I would say with the amount of time that ratturds fans spend on STEELERS boards that they have more hate for us. I guess they should since our STEELERS keep knocking their team outta the playoffs :). Wait till it happens again ;)
Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

I've heard no less "hatred" from the fans of the Ravens, hating the city of Pittsburgh, the Steelers, and Steeler Nation. I think that's what rivalries are all about.

Yep, it is silly as heck, but fun at the same time!
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

The Ravens hate the Steelers exponentially more. I live very near Baltimore so I have a vested interest in keeping up with the local fans. I frequent one of their boards and many threads turn into a Squeelers Big Jen hate fest.

When you register, they even knock the Steeler;, you have to answer a registration validation question that degrades the Steelers and their fans. That is embarrassing. And the moderaters, who apply their craft subjectively, warn against bad behavior by anybody will result in banning - this was right above a threat titled "Why Do You Hate Steelers Fans." And in that very thread, Steelers and their fans are called "F*cktards." I brought to his attention, and the registration process to the attention of the moderator, and all I got in return was chirping crickets. I was not complaining mind you, I was just pointing that out. Which leads me to my next point:

It is their right to run whatever kind of forum they want. But to pretend that is such a classy, intelligent forum and have that registration process in place and have a moderator make those statements and do absolutely nothing is laughable.

Many Ravens fans are hypocritical. Like politicians. They have a classic argument technique, when a point is made, they respond without addressing the subject at hand and make a counterpoint that attacks. They think they fans are way better than "Stoolers" fans, and they are convinced Clark and Harrison are thugs, Ben is rapist, and their fans are low-brow mullet wearing pigs with no grasp of the complexities of football or fandom. When I rebutted an accusation from in a tread, I was asked to cite my sources! Do you believe that! Well, I did. Pretty much useless.

All teams have similar fans, not matter what the color. Some are rude, some are ignorant, some just stir the pot, etc. On the other hand, there are many informed, open-minded objective fans. The latter seem to be here, which is why I like to hang out here. Now, I am sure there are other Steelers forums not so friendly. Just like I know there must be more friendly Ravens forums out there.

Sometimes what we say, myself included, that is negative in regards to other players and teams, is out of ignorance. We don't know the entire story as we don't keep up as well with other teams.

I know one thing, football does crazy things to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn1968 View Post
I have noticed both at the stadium and on the Internet and talk radio an extreme dislike, even hate, of Baltimore and the Ravens. Not sure this is a good thing. It is one thing to like the Steelers, another to hate the opposition so much as to wish injury to their star players.

It is also somewhat puzzling, it is not like the Ravens eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs it is the other way around.

So if This turns out to be Baltimore's year. I don't see it as the end of the world if ray ray gets another ring and Harbaugh and Flacco get their first . The Steelers still would be ahead in Super Bowl rings.

Last edited by Twentyvalve; 12-17-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

There's no such thing as TOO MUCH Raven hatred.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294

I live IN Baltimore and the shite I hear everyday from these idiotic fans is enough to make anyone hate them. During football season, I am constantly on alert for these morons who want to put their hands on me. Which has happened quite a bit, and ends up being a mistake for them. (I'm 6'2" 240 and trained)

So to answer your question, the hatred is well deserved, especially from my opinion.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488

Well let's look at what's happened this year.

First Game Baltimore Beats Steelers Into Submission, 35-7.
Second Game
Ravens beat Steelers 23-20 at Heinz, Joe Flacco finds Torrey Smith for 26 yard TD pass with 8 Seconds to Go.

The Ravens whipped you guys twice, the first time so convincingly that they left no doubt who has the better team.

Then when the Steelers and their fans thought they would get some measure of revenge by squeaking by the Ravens at Heinz, Joe leads his team down for the game winning TD, and you could have heard a pin drop at Heinz! Steelers get burned for two TD passes to Torrey in the same drive, he dropped the first one and then he gets open again and Joe Flacco burns you with 8 seconds to go. 8 SECONDS! What a great receiver, getting open twice like that and what a big time throw by Joe Flacco.

Joe gave the Steelers a taste of a bitter defeat at the hands of the Ravens when they thought they had the game won and were prematurely celebrating. Don't count your chickes before they are hatched. There is no doubt in my mind the Ravens now have a better team. The Ravens have seriously damaged the Steelers chances of getting to the Super Bowl by handling the Steelers twice. If not for the Ravens handling the Steelers then Pittsburgh has the division, a first round bye,, and home field throughout the playoffs wrapped up.

The Steelers can now know how the Ravens fans felt last year when we were tied but knew that we would not have the home field advantage in the playoffs. Only the Steelers deserve to hit the road for the playoffs, because they lost both of your games to the Ravens this year. Not so with the Ravens last year because Joe Flacco burned the Steelers last year too for a winning TD in the last minute at Heinz. Two years in a row.

The times of Pittsburgh coming out ahead of Baltimore are over, past, and not happening again. We've proven that this year with the two "L"s we handed the Steelers! And if we meet the STeelers again in the playoffs we'll beat them again. It will be in Baltimore and the Steelers completely collapsed there in the 09/11 game. Ravens will not lose at home.

Oh and as for the Ravens losing to San Diego and the Steelers moving ahead, forget it. I will grant their is an outside chance the Ravens lose that game, but even if they do and the Steelers go ahead by half a game how long will that last? The Steelers will lose to San Francisco, with or without Ben. Harbaugh isn't going to let his brother down, no way the 49ers lose at home.

Oh one more thing, because this will probably be my last post before I am banned. (I know the mods on these Steeler forums ban people for little to no reason, if they are ravens fans). Harrison deserved to be suspended and it should have been for more than one game. This guy has caused injury to opposing players with his helmet hits, and I think the Steelers organization encourages this type of play more than other NFL teams. Look, Heinz Ward was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by other NFL players and how many times has Harrison been fined?

I know Pittsburgh fans hate the Ravens far more than the other way around. Look at a typical Steelers forum before a Ravens game and there is talk about bountys on Ravens players and how nice it would be to see Joe Flacco or Ray Lewis or Suggs or Torrey Smith or Ray Rice carried off the field. Pittsburgh fans are used to this type of hard hitting play well look what happened to those players in the 70's with their concussions, the long term effects, how about that? The trash talk is much worse on the Steelers forums than the Ravens.

Don't think the NFL is biased against the Steelers with these fines and suspensions. The truth is that the NFL executives who make these decisions are far more objective than Steeler fans or the Steeler organization. It seems some Steeler fans want their team to win at all costs and they don't care if Rodgers gets a concussion or if Colt McCoy gets a concussion so long as the Steelers come out ahead. That is not the way the game is now, the times have changes and this type of play will no longer be tolerated. If the Steelers and Tomlin encourage this type of play there will be more fines and suspensions and I can even see suspensions in the playoffs.

The years of frustration for Baltimore fans are now over. As Coach Harbaugh said after we won in Pittsburgh, this one is for all the Baltimore fans who jumped in joy while watching their TV's when Flacco hit that winning TD pass to Tory with 8 seconds to go. A new era has begun, and the Baltimore Ravens have taken their rightful spot at the the top. Baltimore > Pittsburgh, how sweet it is!
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #8
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:

Second Game
Ravens beat Steelers 23-20 at Heinz, Joe Flacco finds Torrey Smith for 26 yard TD pass with 8 Seconds to Go.

The Ravens whipped you guys twice, the first time so convincingly that they left no doubt who has the better team.

Then when the Steelers and their fans thought they would get some measure of revenge by squeaking by the Ravens at Heinz, Joe leads his team down for the game winning TD, and you could have heard a pin drop at Heinz! Steelers get burned for two TD passes to Torrey in the same drive, he dropped the first one and then he gets open again and Joe Flacco burns you with 8 seconds to go. 8 SECONDS! What a great receiver, getting open twice like that and what a big time throw by Joe Flacco.

Joe gave the Steelers a taste of a bitter defeat at the hands of the Ravens when they thought they had the game won and were prematurely celebrating. Don't count your chickes before they are hatched. There is no doubt in my mind the Ravens now have a better team. The Ravens have seriously damaged the Steelers chances of getting to the Super Bowl by handling the Steelers twice. If not for the Ravens handling the Steelers then Pittsburgh has the division, a first round bye,, and home field throughout the playoffs wrapped up.

The Steelers can now know how the Ravens fans felt last year when we were tied but knew that we would not have the home field advantage in the playoffs. Only the Steelers deserve to hit the road for the playoffs, because they lost both of your games to the Ravens this year. Not so with the Ravens last year because Joe Flacco burned the Steelers last year too for a winning TD in the last minute at Heinz. Two years in a row.

The times of Pittsburgh coming out ahead of Baltimore are over, past, and not happening again. We've proven that this year with the two "L"s we handed the Steelers! And if we meet the STeelers again in the playoffs we'll beat them again. It will be in Baltimore and the Steelers completely collapsed there in the 09/11 game. Ravens will not lose at home.

Oh and as for the Ravens losing to San Diego and the Steelers moving ahead, forget it. I will grant their is an outside chance the Ravens lose that game, but even if they do and the Steelers go ahead by half a game how long will that last? The Steelers will lose to San Francisco, with or without Ben. Harbaugh isn't going to let his brother down, no way the 49ers lose at home.

Oh one more thing, because this will probably be my last post before I am banned. (I know the mods on these Steeler forums ban people for little to no reason, if they are ravens fans). Harrison deserved to be suspended and it should have been for more than one game. This guy has caused injury to opposing players with his helmet hits, and I think the Steelers organization encourages this type of play more than other NFL teams. Look, Heinz Ward was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL by other NFL players and how many times has Harrison been fined?

I know Pittsburgh fans hate the Ravens far more than the other way around. Look at a typical Steelers forum before a Ravens game and there is talk about bountys on Ravens players and how nice it would be to see Joe Flacco or Ray Lewis or Suggs or Torrey Smith or Ray Rice carried off the field. Pittsburgh fans are used to this type of hard hitting play well look what happened to those players in the 70's with their concussions, the long term effects, how about that? The trash talk is much worse on the Steelers forums than the Ravens.

Don't think the NFL is biased against the Steelers with these fines and suspensions. The truth is that the NFL executives who make these decisions are far more objective than Steeler fans or the Steeler organization. It seems some Steeler fans want their team to win at all costs and they don't care if Rodgers gets a concussion or if Colt McCoy gets a concussion so long as the Steelers come out ahead. That is not the way the game is now, the times have changes and this type of play will no longer be tolerated. If the Steelers and Tomlin encourage this type of play there will be more fines and suspensions and I can even see suspensions in the playoffs.

The years of frustration for Baltimore fans are now over. As Coach Harbaugh said after we won in Pittsburgh, this one is for all the Baltimore fans who jumped in joy while watching their TV's when Flacco hit that winning TD pass to Tory with 8 seconds to go. A new era has begun, and the Baltimore Ravens have taken their rightful spot at the the top. Baltimore > Pittsburgh, how sweet it is!
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
skip
Water Boy

Member Number: 19541

This thread is just a provocation.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

What does what might happen in the future have to do with thread? That proves my point about skirting the topic. You speak as if you have influence over the outcome of the game?

And, you beat us twice. Congratulations, and yes, we do know how it feels. The Ravens earned it. We win and we lose. I would hardly call the era of domination over with such authority and finality, as we could very well sweep the Ravens next season, and even knock them in the playoffs. Either team could win on any given day, you know it, and I know it.

Ravens beat the Steelers twice, and now they are the team of the 21st century. Typical Ravens bravado.

Oh yeah, and why would you be banned, for an off-topic rant?

Quote:

Second Game

Last edited by Twentyvalve; 12-17-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote