Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Ben may be the reason why this offense is never consistent

The inconsistencies and spurts of struggling on offense has really started to piss me off lately. Granted it has been a problem for a while now, but I think now it has gone too far. Why do you think we are in so many close games all the time, simply because of the many offensive struggles that we all are way too used to seeing. This is ludicrous considering all the talent we have on that side of the football. Our O-line is not the best, but certainly not the worse blah blah you all know what we have. Yet the reason why we are NEVER consistent is because Ben is not a system quarterback. He is one of the most unorthodox quarterbacks to ever play the game, and he certainly does some things well and is a tough SOB, but his inconsistencies is really starting to hurt us. We have gotten away with it, and won Super Bowls in the past, because of our defense covering up for his inconsistency, but now I don't know.

No doubt our defense is still very good, but they are not once what they were and those core players are only getting older and declining. Even looking back to last years Super Bowl, our defense was not able to hold, and when Ben was called upon his inconsistency showed up in his first half performance which ultimately led us to lose the game. You look back at the other Super Bowls, Ben played horrible verse the Seahawks, and played good enough against a Cardinals that granted should not of been in the Super Bowl. This all means that he's been inconsistent throughout his whole career, and it is never going to go away. If he is a supposed "elite" quarterback the almost weekly offensive struggles we have are laughable. You could say Arians this Arians that, but this falls on Ben. He should be a savvy enough veteran now, and with the talent we have on this offense we should do well each and every week. And the scary part is, our offense may have to lead us in the playoffs.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Ben may be the reason why this offense is never consistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
The inconsistencies and spurts of struggling on offense has really started to piss me off lately. Granted it has been a problem for a while now, but I think now it has gone too far. Why do you think we are in so many close games all the time, simply because of the many offensive struggles that we all are to used to seeing. This is ludicrous considering all the talent we have on that side of the football. Our O-line is not the best, but certainly not the worse blah blah you all know what we have. Yet the reason why we are NEVER consistent is because Ben is not a system quarterback. He is one of the most unorthodox quarterbacks to ever play the game, and he certainly does some things well and is a tough SOB, but his inconsistencies is really starting to hurt us. We have gotten away with it, and won Super Bowls in the past, because of our defense covering up for his inconsistency, but now I don't know.

No doubt our defense is still very good, but they are not once what they were and those core players are only getting older and declining. Even looking back to last years Super Bowl, our defense was not able to hold, and when Ben was called upon his inconsistency showed up in his first half performance which ultimately led us to lose the game. You look back at the other Super Bowls, Ben played horrible verse the Seahawks, and played good enough against a Cardinals that granted should not of been in the Super Bowl. This all means that he's been inconsistent throughout his whole career, and it is never going to go away. If he is a supposed "elite" quarterback the almost weekly offensive struggles we have are laughable. You could say Arians this Arians that, but this falls on Ben. He should be a savvy enough veteran now, and with the talent we have on this offense we should do well each and every week. And the scary part is, our offense may have to lead us in the playoffs.
Our offense has never been great, but we've won 6 superbowl's, and 2 in recent years. I think we'll be fine.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,225 Times in 2,677 Posts

or he may not be.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Our talent on offense has as much to do with Ben as it does with Wallace and Brown. Remember, both receivers weren't exactly studs in college. Ben had a bad game. Our o-line had a wretched game.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Yeah, Ben had a very bad game. He should have known at some point that he was only hurting the team. Part of being a team player is knowing when you aren't able to give 100% and another player might be better in the situation. He seems to think he is the greatest and doesn't see that there are times when the backup might do better. I know it is Tomlin's call to let him play, but he should know better.
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Put Mark Sanchez at QB and see what our recievers do? They are young and still disappear at times in big games.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #7
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Our coaching staff, starting with Tomlin, lost this game.
Ben shouldn't have played. He couldn't do his job. At the very least they should have pulled him at 1/2 time.
Stupid decision that could have cost Ben a season ending injury.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Sanchez?LOL

Our WR's will run and hide, because he sells out his WR's on poor crossing routes and gets them killed.

Sanchez sucks and Ryan knows it. If he gets a shot at one of the top 3 in th edraft he will jump on it to get this kid out of town along with his 17 year old girlfriend and her mom.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

He certainly isn't the best decision making qb around, not by a long shot. We have 4 losses on the year and at least 10 ints and 2 fumbles by #7 in those losses.

Last edited by theplatypus; 12-20-2011 at 11:41 AM.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Put Mark Sanchez at QB and see what our recievers do? They are young and still disappear at times in big games.
Put Bruce Arians in New York and see how many SB rings he has. Put Tomlin in St Louis and see how many wins he gets.

The game plan started out ok and like every "offensive" plan we get it seems to turn into the wanna be greatest show on turf. There is more talent on offense then I can remember seeing (minus getting rid of Kuhn). Piss poor coaching has led to a great team looking good to average. They can't even seem to be able to coach Mendenhall on the proper way to hold a football? One legged QB in a shotgun? CB's playing 15 yards off receivers, again?

Ben is top notch..... There are very few teams that wouldn't want Ben and stay away from Arians.