Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Woodley: ‘I just got a little fatigued’

The Steel Mill
News and updates about the Pittsburgh Steelers

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...ttle-fatigued/

Woodley: ‘I just got a little fatigued’

December 20th, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO –-
There was some good news from the visiting locker room after the Steelers gave away their short-lived lead in the AFC North.
Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley said he didn’t aggravate the hamstring injury that has hampered him since late October.
Woodley, playing in only his second game since Oct. 30, sat out the fourth quarter against the 49ers as a precaution.
“I just for a little fatigued so I got out,” said Woodley, who leads the Steelers with nine sacks. “We expected that anyway, that it was going to get fatigued. I felt pretty good but we didn’t come out on top.”
The Steelers proved to be their own worst enemy when the electricity was actually, you know, on at Candlestick Park. They committed four turnovers and were penalized nine times for 72 yards in the 20-3 loss to the 49ers.
The Steelers have 11 more giveaways than takeaways for the season, a statistic that doesn’t bode well for them making a run at a seventh Super Bowl title.
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger committed all four of the Steelers’ turnovers and blamed himself for the team’s fourth loss of the season. Several defensive players, however, said they should have done more to help the offense.
“We just didn’t give our offense a chance. We didn’t give them enough opportunities with short fields,” free safety Ryan Clark said. “We didn’t play bad defensively. But they played great and that’s why they won the game. We came to the West Coast and got our butts whipped, plain and simple.”
“We had an opportunity,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said, “and we didn’t seize it.”

– Scott Brown
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Woodley: ‘I just got a little fatigued’

Clark said "we didn't give our offense a chance." Really???
If it wasn't for our D, we would have lost by 25pts.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Agreed. It would have been a totally different game had those two first half picks not happened. Had the Steelers been able to convert any of those opportunities into points (even fieldgoals) and not lost a fumble close to their own 20, I think the pressure would have been on the 49ers and Smith. That's when good things happen. But, we saw the offense fail and the pressure was on our team after the first drive and for the rest of the game.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Was anyone really impressed with the 49ers last night? Yeah they're a solid team but I'm convinced with a healthy Ben we win last night.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
Was anyone really impressed with the 49ers last night? Yeah they're a solid team but I'm convinced with a healthy Ben we win last night.

I was NOT impressed with them, other than their Defensive Line. We played so poorly, if it was the Packers, Saints, or Patriots, the score would have been like 58-3
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Our D??? That d made a very average qb look like rodgers last night!! The loss was a total loss for the whole team!! No one played well!! But u cannot give credit to a unit that had absolutely no pressure on the qb and could not get off the field on many 3rd and longs and corners playing 15 yards off the receivers!! They new going in they had a hobbled qb and they would have to step up and probably steal a game!! Not this d!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Woodley. $10 million dollar man. Uh-huh.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
defence
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
I was impressed with there defence!! I can honestly say i think they are the best d in the nfl right now!! Lebau should look at that front 4 and try to copy that; one problem!! We dont have those 4 guys!!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
defence
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Woodley. $10 million dollar man. Uh-huh.
Take it easy there!! He is not in game shape and believe me; unlike the reports u are hearing that he is healthy; he isn't!! outside of him and harrison; there is no one that can consitantly get to the qb!!! Woirlds hahaha!!!! Can u spell b u s t!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Our D??? That d made a very average qb look like rodgers last night!! The loss was a total loss for the whole team!! No one played well!! But u cannot give credit to a unit that had absolutely no pressure on the qb and could not get off the field on many 3rd and longs and corners playing 15 yards off the receivers!! They new going in they had a hobbled qb and they would have to step up and probably steal a game!! Not this d!!
I agree that the D didn't put any pressure on Smith and they should have but overall, they did a decent job, limiting the 49ers to 20pts despite 4 turnovers.
A football team that can only put 3pts on the board in the 14th game is not a #1 seed caliber, sorry.
By the way, if we play in Cleveland like we did last night, we will lose. Mark my words,
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote