Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #41
dcsteel5804
Starter

Member Number: 9373
Default Re: The Real Story of Last Nights Game: Hint.... Its not about Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Sir, you are either an trolling instigator, or just out of your mind. !!!
Ben himsself said "...I was the best player for the 49'ers..."
nuff said.
I love Ben, but why do you ppl, consistently try to imagine anything remotely different about last NITE ! ?
It's boggling to say the least.
Ben should NOT have even played, we played him and it was an UTTER-Catastrophic gamble.
you wanna blame the DEFENSE. ???!!!

NO TEAM really SURVIVES 4 TURNOVERS by an offense (and yes they were ALL on BEN).
Don't blame the DEFENSE. Blame our idiotic Coach and senile Rooney for gambling with their severely INJURED Franchise investment.
-case closed already.
You guys need glasses when you watch these games .
omfg !

Get OVER it !
Lets get goin' on the next games, which we NEED to win straight out.
The only"Real story" here, is that this thread is UNREAL and suitable for IGNORING !
end of story.
Your entitled to you opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I know Ben played a bad game, and I addressed that. I was just pointing out that our defense played below what I would have expected, knowing that we were hurting at QB.

People have said they were throwing the ball quickly, well sure, thats easy when the DB's are constantly 10 yards off the receivers. Did you ever think that thats why the bitlz didn't get there instead of the other way around? Have you ever heard of a coverage sack? You have to cover to get those. SanDiego had about 3 of em. I'm you watched that game.

I'm open to other opinions and its quite clear that you're not. Well, unfortunately for you, this is a message board, so I can state any opinion I want, and if you don't like it or agree with it, GET OVER IT (quoting you!)
dcsteel5804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #42
SteelCurtainCall
Water Boy

Member Number: 19966

I don't sense a feeling of urgency with the Steelers this year. It's almost like they except the mediocre too easily. A team has to have a non stop hunger to be the best, to stay on top. I agree that Tomlin needs to sit the guys down, and say what needs to be said to light a fire under them. We have talented bunch at a number of key positions, and we need to play like every game is a playoff game. You see how quickly belicheck(sp?) gets rid of players that don't perform consistently. I agree with those who say that Ben shouldn't have been in there; if we can't place a BU QB on the roster that can put points on the board when he's called on; then he shouldn't be on the team. And if he is on the team; then he should be played in this type of situation. We won 3 out of 4 games when been was out last year at the beginning of the season.
John Sr.
SteelCurtainCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #43
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I think you are overestimating the ability of this team without Ben and underestimating the 49'ers overall.

They had to give it a go with Ben. They had virtually no choice given the circumstances.

No matter how much you want to spin it, the Harbaugh's are some pretty damn good coaches.
I don't think so.

Our D held SF to 6 points for most of the game. The two TD's were the result of a defense that was frustrated by the fact that no matter how hard they worked, they were back out on the field in short order to do it all over again. I don't care how good or how dedicated they may be, if the offense isn't helping it's hard to hold another team to 6 points forever.

It was pretty obvious that Ben was nowhere near as "normal" as many had said like Ed Bouchette who wrote that Ben showed, " little noticeable effects of his injury from 11 days previous" ( I think Mr. Bouchette should either get glasses for his eyes or put down the glass in his hand) and after a few series I think it was obvious that Ben had no game.

Harbaugh is indeed a good coach, but we were in that game until very late when our D simply ran out of steam. And with the whole world able to see that Ben was little more than a shell of his normal self, it didn't take a whole lot of coaching genius to figure out how to play him.

At least with Batch or Dixon, we'd have had two healthy bodies and even though neither is Ben, they at least would have had SOME mobility and a solid throwing motion. I mean, what's the better choice? A three-legged thoroughbred or a four-legged plow horse?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote