Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic

Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic

By Mark Kaboly
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 22, 2011

James Harrison returned to the practice field on Wednesday for the first time since serving a one-game suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy.

Harrison was unapologetic for the hit that forced him to miss Monday night's loss to San Francisco, cost him a $73,529 game check and brought a week away from his teammates. Harrison returned to the facility for the first time on Tuesday afternoon.

"It happened, oh well," Harrison said following practice Wednesday. "Deal with it. Move on. When it came down to it, my helmet hit his. Oh, well."

Harrison was more concerned that McCoy was allowed back in the game after what was later diagnosed as a concussion. McCoy sat out the following week's game against the Cardinals.

"If he was hurt so bad, I don't know why they let him back in, what, two plays later?" Harrison said. "Something should be done to them, I think. I got a game. What should they get?"

The NFLPA investigated the Browns for allowing McCoy back into the game, which led to the league putting a certified trainer in the press box to help monitor head injuries.

Harrison was the first player suspended for a helmet-to-helmet hit since the league office and commissioner Roger Goodell enhanced their emphasis on player safety.

Despite reports during his suspension that he doesn't plan to change the way he plays, Harrison said that he has already changed.

"I am doing everything they asked me to," Harrison said.

Harrison hadn't been fined for a hit on the quarterback in more than a year before last week. Still, it was his fifth illegal hit against a quarterback in the past three seasons.

Harrison said he isn't worried that he will be suspended for any hit in the future.

"Nope, not worried about anything," Harrison said. "Can't see the future. I am not a fortune teller. I will deal with it as it comes."

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.

Read more: Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...#ixzz1hGNY13eD
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
Default Re: Steelers linebacker Harrison is unapologetic

He did hit time, why does he have to say I"m sorry?

Harrison made 10 points for his argument, every single one is valid. He also is 100% right with the Browns and McCoy. The Browns said he "checked out fine" that was their statement. Later the statement changed to "they never checked him out". That is lying, its apparent Shurmur is an idiot who tried to cover his ass by syaing others said he was fine. The cameras showed on the sideline he was never checked out. They were looking at his finger and McCoy was thinking he was getting a foot rub. How does someone in that organization not be fined and suspended?

Basically Harrison doesnt care if he gets fines or suspended, he will just play the game as he knows it. Good for him. Soon the Commishes office will over step their bounds and suspend others. The more they suspend, the more pressure they will eventually have put on them. when it finally costs someone a big game and the owner looks like a complete ahole, than pressure will mount to change the penalities.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post

Harrison made 10 points for his argument, every single one is valid. He also is 100% right with the Browns and McCoy. The Browns said he "checked out fine" that was their statement. Later the statement changed to "they never checked him out". That is lying, its apparent Shurmur is an idiot who tried to cover his ass by syaing others said he was fine. The cameras showed on the sideline he was never checked out. They were looking at his finger and McCoy was thinking he was getting a foot rub. How does someone in that organization not be fined and suspended?

Basically Harrison doesnt care if he gets fines or suspended, he will just play the game as he knows it. Good for him. Soon the Commishes office will over step their bounds and suspend others. The more they suspend, the more pressure they will eventually have put on them. when it finally costs someone a big game and the owner looks like a complete ahole, than pressure will mount to change the penalities.
Perfectly said!! Harrison is an old schooler who plays on the edge!! He is a dying breed in this new nfl!! I dont think he needs to apologize for anything because in reality; mccoy became a runner and dished off at the last second. I think if you are going to imply a helmet rule; shouldn't it be for all 53 players not just the wr's and qb's?? I hope he continues to play HIS style ; because he is one tough sob to play against; and someone who puts fear into the opposition!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,483 Times in 2,330 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

and he shouldn't be. goodell should apologize for trying to ruin the sport we all love
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165

Way to go James! We agree. Screw the NFL and roger the idiot.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
and he shouldn't be. goodell should apologize for trying to ruin the sport we all love
this^
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

No need to apologize. But he should keep his stupid mouth shut and say "No Comment". Let his play on the field do his talking. I am sure he was suspended purely because he basically called the Commish a moron in the offseason. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Unfortunately in this day and age it is the league head office, not the team owners who have total control. That is because the idiot owners let them get away with it.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote