Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:49 AM   #1
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default SMACK!!!!

I am not saint and that is for sure. And I am not the sharpest guy that ever cut the mustard either ,but I have an idea of what may have lead up to all the folks getting upset.
First there has more than likely been a flood of folks coming and joining here since the SB( I am one of them I am internet stupid so it takes me awhile to catch on). Well the new guys come over here and want nothing more that to be like by the older guys ( I look at the join date not # of posts) so they see someone mouth off to someone they all jump them to show we are on the right "team". I have been guilty of this and once it gets started its hard to stop I have a bad temper when someone throws the inbred hick thing at me. I am not saying that there is not a time to jump I just think it happens at the drop of a hat instead of the right time. Steel-x said we need more mods to watch out for things I think he is wrong I think we are all humans and need to treat each other with respect, and those that cant act human can go play some where else. I hope that I am liked I hope that we all come together as the season gets closer to bond as only fans of the Steeler can.

Just my thoughts

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: SMACK!!!!

I like ya, Arkie! You're one of the good guys.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Good points.......One thing everyone needs to remember is this IS THE BLAST FURNACE!!!!! As the sign say at the door "What goes on in the 'BF' remains in the 'BF'. Not for the meek of heart!" there are many interpretations to that. Mine is this.....if you got a thin skin and can't take a verbal assault I suggest that person casually walk away from the door without so much a backward glance. The one thing to remember if you do turn that door knob is this-be prepared to read just about anything imaginable. Me personally i don't like the constant cursing over and over and over again its 3rd grade crap and it does wear on you. BUT i expect that from people so I come in here with my mind and eyes wide open. I am not the best "smack" talker in the world but I can hold my own. I try to use facts and knowledge of the game or whatever topic is going on to make a person shut the hell up or stay quiet for a long enough time to know that you just hit him with a hard right upper hook. Have you ever been in a room full of people and someone comes up with a your momma joke and the whole room gets so quiet you could here a pin drop? and the recepient of the joke has to leave the room or is tongue tied? To me that is the ultimate outcome of talking "smack". The use of 4, 5 and 6 letter words is just pointless in here because everyone knows them and its not a pretty thing to read over and over again. I mean anybody can say ****, s**t, ***** and the value of whatever the hell you were trying to say is lost cuz to me it comes across like a bunch of third graders. Don't get me wrong I have stooped to that level and just like anyone else I do get pissed in here but its up to each individual to maintain a little class. There should be another sign on the front door "If you can't hang with the big dogs , stay on the porch" If you don't like what goes on in here don't come in here I hate to put it like that but like anything else in this world everybody should know what turns them on and what turns them off. As far as the mods go...I think they do one hell of a job and I am sure when things get out of hand they do know when to step in. If they do it to much then it would get boring in here and the population of this site would go downhill pretty quick. So props to them for knowing when to step in and when to sit back and watch the carnage....lol As far as being new here and wanting to fit in I get that but on the flipside you got to be your own person in here or anywhere. I am the last person in the world who cares if I piss someone off I express my opinions and if someone doesn't like it oh well tough titty said the kitty. Life goes on theres bigger and worse things going on in the world then to be worried if someone on a forum likes me or not. This is just my opinion written expressly for your entertainment and viewing pleasure.....

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

good analogy with the momma jokes. i guess theres people who have never sat around with their buddys watching a game and rag on eachother. hasnt anyone ever been walking through the mall with a friend and point to a big fat old lady bending over and say "theres your girlfriend"? we talk shit all the time and it gets way more vulgar than in here. hell i talk more shit to my father about being a jeff gordon fan, and i get it right back for being a rusty fan. we call eachother after every race just to talk shit. and our shit talking would have people all bent out of shape if they saw it on this board. people getting upset, or people coming into the blast furnace to tell people NOT to talk shit is rediculous. its fun, its entertainment, its a vent. ive talked shit with plenty of people in this board, but holding hard feelings against anyone here is pointless. having or showing hatred towards anyone is pointless. now clowning someone has a point, as does going off on someone to prove a point. all or some may not like it, and that doesnt matter. if a few people laugh, then great. mission accomplished.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
I am the last person in the world who cares if I piss someone off I express my opinions and if someone doesn't like it oh well tough titty said the kitty. Life goes on theres bigger and worse things going on in the world then to be worried if someone on a forum likes me or not. This is just my opinion written expressly for your entertainment and viewing pleasure.....
Excellent point.

Tough titty said the kitty.....
Old 06-23-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The problem with the smack lately in the BF is that its not just Steelers and NFL smack like its supposed to be but its turned into personal smack of all kinds mixed in with the regular NFL talk. SF members know how to smack talk with the best of them, but even the best of the best can be brought down the level of a lowly few now and then.

If we actually kept the smack talk to actual smack talk, that would be good.

Carry on
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43

Tough titty said the kitty.....
....but the milk tastes good.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Good points Arkie.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

ARKIE you know I love you. But for clarification you have said more against yourself than anyone else has!~ :)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #10
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
Good points Arkie.
What he said!
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote