Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers First & 10: Jerricho Cotchery

Steelers First & 10: Jerricho Cotchery
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/lo...de8703c83.html
Mike Bires Times Sports Staff | Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Steelers wide receiver Jerricho Cothcery took time before practice Thursday to answer these decidedly non-football questions from Times pro football writer Mike Bires:

After playing seven years with the Jets and experiencing life on the outskirts of New York City, now you're in Pittsburgh. What's it like moving from the major metropolitan to a much smaller city?

"In New York, you have a lot of people coming to live there from different states and even different countries. It's a mixture of people from everywhere. Here, you have a lot of people who were born and raised in the Pittsburgh area. So there's a lot of hometown pride, especially when it comes to the sports teams."

Did you take advantage of all the cultural opportunities in New York like the restaurants, museums, entertainment, etc?

"No. I really didn't take advantage of everything. My wife did. But I didn't."

Did you visit the Empire State Building and/or the Statue of Liberty at least once?

"No, I never did. I always passed by those places so many time, always saw them from a distance. But I never stopped by there. We still live in New Jersey, so maybe one of these days I will."

You also played basketball in high school in Birmingham, Ala.. What kind of player were you in hoops?

"I'd like to think I was a pretty good basketball player. On my AAU team, we had a couple of guys who got picked in the NBA draft, including Gerald Wallace, who's now with the Portland Trail Blazers, and (Miami Dolphins linebacker) Karlos Dansby. I was a combo guard. I shot the ball well and I drove to the hoop well. I had a good all-around game."

When you played football at North Carolina State, you majored in Sports Management. Whenever you finish playing pro football, do you plan on putting your education to use?

"When my career's over, I'd like to be a coach. Coaching is something I definitely want to get into."

What's the best vacation you've taken?

"My wife and I went to St. Thomas, one of the U.S Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. We had a great time there with our daughter. Now we have two little boys, so they didn't get to experience that. Maybe they will some day in the future."

Is there a vacation spot you plan on visiting some day?

"Israel. I definitely want to get there. That's definitely on my to-do list. I have to get that done before I leave this earth."

If there's anyone in the world you could sit down and have dinner with, who would be it?

"For me, it would be both of my grandfathers. I never got the opportunity to sit down and talk to them. They died before I ever got that chance. In fact, I'd like to have all my grandparents at the table."

Do you have a favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?

"I live in the same downtown building as the Capital Grille. So I got there quite often. I always enjoy my meal when I go there. Also, Savoy in the Strip District."

Since it's Christmas, here's a holiday question for you: Do you and your wife always put up a Christmas, and is it real or artificial?

"Yes, we do have a tree every year. Sometimes it's real, sometimes it's fake. It depends how we feel that year. Do we want to clean up all the pine needles? Most of the time we do end up with the fake one, and we do decorate it pretty well. My wife does a lot of time decorating making the tree looks nice. It's a fake tree, but it looks very nice."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote