Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Standing by your man, Tomlin pay attention!

As much as hate the Jets, Sanchez and certainly not a big fan of Rex Ryan. His comments in the article seem like he doesn;t drive the bus over th ebakcs of his players. I guess Ryan could've came out and said," Holmes is repeat offender he should be suspended for doing something illegal" But no, he didn't.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ed-celebration

New York Jets captain and wide receiver Santonio Holmes was fined $7,500 by the NFL on Friday for his celebration against the Eagles last week.

Week 16: Jets vs. Giants

Gang Green looks to stay alive against the Giants. Jets Center Blog
50 Greatest Jets

After catching a 25-yard dart from Mark Sanchez in the end zone, Holmes launched into the fly boy celebration, only to start flapping his wings to mock the Eagles. When he put his foot on the ball, he got called for unsportsmanlike conduct and cost his team 15 yards.

Using the ball as a prop is forbidden during celebrations.

Holmes had apologized to Jets coach Rex Ryan for the penalty.

"Just being a vet, you can't do silly things like that," Holmes said Sunday. "(It) cost our team 15 yards on special teams, giving those guys field position the way that they've been playing. I just can't do that."

Ryan stood by his player on Monday.

"I'll say this about Santonio and every other player on this team, they got my 100 percent support and we're in this thing together," Ryan said. "Are we perfect? No, none of us are perfect. Obviously you wish that thing never happened, I don't think it'll happen again. But again, I've got his back, he's got mine and this whole team is that way."
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: Standing by your man, Tomlin pay attention!

And when's the last time that lardass got called into the principal's office the way Tomlin did after publicly sticking up for Ryan Clark last month? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,102 Times in 3,750 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

the day Tomlin started talking like Rex is the day he can take off the black and gold. I don't think anybody needs to take lessons from Rex Ryan.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

That would have been better than what Tomlin said about Harrison. I don't recall what Tomlin said about Clark, but what he said this time around about Harrison was ridiculous. I'm not a fan of Ryan and I wouldn't want Tomlin to talk like Ryan, but even staying silent would have been great compared to what Tomlin said.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Apaprently when a player gets fined from the NFL, the head coach does not have to lick the back side of the leagues office. Which was a big debate here of what Tomlin should've said.

Again, this is not about liking Rex Ryan, my buddy loves the Jets so I'm all over the fat ass;s ass constantly, lol. Its purely to make a point, that a head coach can say something positive when a fine is levied.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,869 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
That would have been better than what Tomlin said about Harrison. I don't recall what Tomlin said about Clark, but what he said this time around about Harrison was ridiculous.
Clark's fine got a reaction from Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who released a statement.

"I think the fine that Ryan Clark received was excessive," he said. "Ryan has my full support if he chooses to appeal this in any way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1dJAY9Cij

People's reaction here to Tomlin's statement regarding Harrison is what's ridiculous.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,815 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Not to be rude, but taking lessons for Ryan would probably be the worse thing to do. The Jets have more convicts than my local prison on their roster, do we need to take lessons from that?

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,815 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Clark's fine got a reaction from Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who released a statement.

"I think the fine that Ryan Clark received was excessive," he said. "Ryan has my full support if he chooses to appeal this in any way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1dJAY9Cij

People's reaction here to Tomlin's statement regarding Harrison is what's ridiculous.
Exactly. People think that just because Tomlin wasn't on Harrison's jock that he's a bad coach. Maybe Tomlin agreed with the officials? Regardless of how it happened or when it happened, the helmets collided.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,102 Times in 3,750 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Apaprently when a player gets fined from the NFL, the head coach does not have to lick the back side of the leagues office. Which was a big debate here of what Tomlin should've said.

Again, this is not about liking Rex Ryan, my buddy loves the Jets so I'm all over the fat ass;s ass constantly, lol. Its purely to make a point, that a head coach can say something positive when a fine is levied.
sorry man, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were advocating Tomlin becoming more vocal and acting like Ryan
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote