Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #21
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775
Default Re: Negative Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer

Heres to us finding out who wins that bet sooner than later....
HELL YEAH!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #22
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
Our media loves nothing more than to tear down champions. Because too many of us like to see the mighty fall. Probably because most people haven't accomplished much that they are proud of and it makes them feel better about themselves to see other people screw up.

If you look at USC and all the bad press they have gotten...I really think that most big NCAA programs have problems like that, but most don't get uncovered because they aren't in the midst of a championship dynasty. I bet that if Texas keeps winning, there will be plenty of scandals bantered around in the press.
Exactly true. It is even more so when a team isn't supposed to be expected to have such problems. Example: In school there was always that "super good" kid. He always did everythin right and was favored it seemed in the eyes of all the teachers and adults. The other students were always tryin to find dirt on him to lower him to their level even if it was the most insignificant thing. I'm not sayin the Steelers are the prime example of a "super good kid" team, just that it is known that the organization attempts to set a higher bar for behavior and maturity on and off the field.

BuFu

Edit: I believe every team has an opportunity to win a bowl at some point. It's just a matter of the right players and more importantly the right coachin and management. The Seahawks will get there, all in time.

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #23
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474
Red face Re: Negative Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
I'd rather have no press than that press. We get enough shit in the media about how the Steelers don't do "it" right because we aren't a glitz and glamour team like the cowboys and this just makes our case worse......hopefully we can pull out of this negative tide soon.

BuFu
Just when I thought this was a clean forum you go and say a dirty word.....C*WB*YS!!
Just teasing....In my area they expect you to be a C*wb*ys or a S*ints fan....And to me it's like saying the Lord's name in vain....LOL
Old 06-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #24
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

Better to be talked about than to be ignored, I guess. (shrug)
Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 PM   #25
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenarcher
Just when I thought this was a clean forum you go and say a dirty word.....C*WB*YS!!
Just teasing....In my area they expect you to be a C*wb*ys or a S*ints fan....And to me it's like saying the Lord's name in vain....LOL
Forgive me father for I hath sinned.......

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote