Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
My Mood: Bored
Default 2010 Steelers vs 2011 Steelers

Which team do you think is better? They are very different teams, now assuming we get our team healthy this year do you think we are more of a threat than we were last year? I think we are, we have a much more balanced team this year. The road to the superbowl may be harder but our team is simply better. The biggest difference is that our passing game with Wallace and Brown is absolutely lethal and does not get as much credit as it deserves.
1. Troy is playing better
2. William Gay has improved
3. Wallace and Brown have improved
4. Roethlisberger is having probably the best year of his career especially with his shiny new weapons
5. Id say the offensive line has improved a little bit to.

Despite the seeding and records I think we have hands down the best team in the AFC,
the NFC however has some very good teams, but we will only have to play one of those.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Steelers vs 2011 Steelers

I think our secondary is playing better this year, and that might be all we need. With Brown getting better throughout the year, he'll be a dangerous player in the playoffs.

I think overall we are a better team than last year, even though our defense is too old and slow.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I think our secondary is playing better this year, and that might be all we need. With Brown getting better throughout the year, he'll be a dangerous player in the playoffs.

I think overall we are a better team than last year, even though our defense is too old and slow.
*slaps you* did you just call our defense old and slow? i'd like you hear you say that to their faces
Old 12-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Just my opinion but I don't get the feel from this team that they have even begun to hit their potential. I basically felt the same way last year and while we made it to the Superbowl I just never felt like we were close to peaking. I would love to see this team get on a roll, cause squeaking out regular season wins against the likes of the Colts, Browns, and Jaguars is not the same when your playing Patriots or Ravens or even a Broncos team in their stadium. More than anything I would love to see this team get healthy.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Oh come on, If we get the Broncos in the first round that will be a cake walk, we could probably rest our starters in that game to give them an extra week before we have to venture onto New England. 5 seed in the AFC is a blessing and a curse, the AFC west is way over rated, The Raiders and the Broncos are both on their way out and both of the good teams in that division got hot to late in the season. The only thing standing between us and the superbowl is The Patriots and the Bengles, all other contenders are ice cold right now and yes that includes the Ravens, Flacco is a joke.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Oh come on, If we get the Broncos in the first round that will be a cake walk, we could probably rest our starters in that game to give them an extra week before we have to venture onto New England. 5 seed in the AFC is a blessing and a curse, the AFC west is way over rated, The Raiders and the Broncos are both on their way out and both of the good teams in that division got hot to late in the season. The only thing standing between us and the superbowl is The Patriots and the Bengles, all other contenders are ice cold right now and yes that includes the Ravens, Flacco is a joke.
I wouldn't be getting a big head. The Broncos are like the Chiefs. Good D, and subpar offense. Steelers 19 Chiefs 13 in a game we were handed because Palko spent more time throwing to Steelers players than to his own receivers. The Broncos D with Dumervil, Miller, and Bailey isn't exactly a group of pushovers.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
*slaps you* did you just call our defense old and slow? i'd like you hear you say that to their faces
I'd rather see Warren Sapp say it to their faces. Then we'll see who's too old and slow.

Yeah, Denver is no push over with that D. And if we play in Denver, we'll very likely be without Ryan Clark, who would be risking his own life.

I agree that it seems like this Steelers team has never peaked. I hope we get to see it in the playoffs.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Do not take this personally, but this kind of mentality is what leads to some of the doom and gloom threads after some of the games this year. The KC game is a prime example a team that fans feel we should have no trouble with and then in reality you are still playing other professionals. Make no mistake even less than stellar teams have talent and on any Sunday the worst can beat the best. That is why I try not to get upset with any win regardless of how bad the opponents is "suppose" to be.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Offense..I would like to believe is better...BR7 is better ..The wideouts are more battle tested ...Line and backs probably equal to last year.

Defense ..Down a few pegs Farrior, Clark and Hampton are washed up...A healthy Troy and Ike make the db's better than last year....Very disappointed in Timmons, hopefully he takes off in the post season. Line Hood is better, Cameron is a beast of a pass rusher and Keisel is solid.

I guess not a big difference from last years team...Brown probably makes the biggest plus!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

well, the injuries (Ben, Woodley, Troy playing at 85%, and more) and Pouncey's recurring injury troubles are keeping us down and its hard to gauge with so many important people seemingly out all the time.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote