Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585
Default Big Ben....what are the chances?

I figure to see him sit this week against the Browns. High ankle sprains are painful. But what are the chances that even with a win against the Browns, the division title if the Ravens slip up, and a full week bye that when he comes back he's rusty or that the ankle still doesn't allow him to do what he does best, extend plays?

I know he was in a ton of pain against the 49ers and he couldn't move but even if his ankle is 75% when he does suit it up an unmoveable Big Ben is a bad thing. He needs to get out of the pocket from time to time. Just who he is. What are the chances even when he comes back he still doesn't have the mobility to make the plays? Is a few weeks of rest enough for a high ankle sprain to give him his mobility back without pain?
steelersfan77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Big Ben....what are the chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77 View Post
I figure to see him sit this week against the Browns. High ankle sprains are painful. But what are the chances that even with a win against the Browns, the division title if the Ravens slip up, and a full week bye that when he comes back he's rusty or that the ankle still doesn't allow him to do what he does best, extend plays?

I know he was in a ton of pain against the 49ers and he couldn't move but even if his ankle is 75% when he does suit it up an unmoveable Big Ben is a bad thing. He needs to get out of the pocket from time to time. Just who he is. What are the chances even when he comes back he still doesn't have the mobility to make the plays? Is a few weeks of rest enough for a high ankle sprain to give him his mobility back without pain?
I think his chances are fine if he doesn't play this week.

If he plays and overdoes it, he could end up killing his chances in the playoffs.
The way things worked out is a blessing in disguise and he needs to realize that he's been "given" a two-week bye to heal up and he should use that time to do just that.

He doesn't need to play against the Browns no matter what Baltimore may or may not do..
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

I agree, maybe give him a few snaps at end of the game just to see how he does and keep him in the loop, but I don't think we should start him and risk him re injuring his ankle, he defiantly should not have played against the 49ers, he could barely walk.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts

It looks like Ben is going to be Sunday's starter. He practiced today, and everyone says he looks like the guy that'll be behind center against the Browns, so I guess we'll wait and see how he practices the rest of the week.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

if he finally went through a full practice then i'll expect he's going to play. i'm all for starting him IF he is healthy. if he's the hobbling all over the place, telegraphing all his throws and can't step into it ben then i'd say sit him
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
if he finally went through a full practice then i'll expect he's going to play. i'm all for starting him IF he is healthy. if he's the hobbling all over the place, telegraphing all his throws and can't step into it ben then i'd say sit him
Yeah, he practiced in full today, and their's still tomorrow and Friday. Chances are he'll participate fully in them, and if that happens, he'll be behind center Sunday. I think it's for the best, we need to get a rhythm on offense before heading into the playoffs.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote