Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Raider Nation
Water Boy
 
Raider Nation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So Cal 2 Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 35
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2535
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Where do you live?

Where do you live and how you became a fan of the Steelers/Raiders or any othe NFL Team?

I grew up in Southern California and been a Raider Fan since 1979 and move to Pittsburgh Pa in 1984, but been back and forth between California and Pittsburgh.

I can't seem to get out of Pittsburgh (cost of living is dirt cheap).

Last edited by Raider Nation; 06-25-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Raider Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

I was born in Valp, Indiana but have lived in Michigan City, IN most of my life. Reason I'm a Steelers fan is easy. My family has Pittsburgh roots since my mom and dad are from there. So I didn't really have a choice. When you are raised in a Steelers family its just how it is. There is no other football team that matters. But I wouldn't want to root for some other team. Being a Steelers fan is special in how you have this bond with this team and the rest of Steelers Nation.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
Raider Nation
Water Boy
 
Raider Nation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So Cal 2 Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 35
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2535
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
I was born in Valp, Indiana but have lived in Michigan City, IN most of my life. Reason I'm a Steelers fan is easy. My family has Pittsburgh roots since my mom and dad are from there. So I didn't really have a choice. When you are raised in a Steelers family its just how it is. There is no other football team that matters. But I wouldn't want to root for some other team. Being a Steelers fan is special in how you have this bond with this team and the rest of Steelers Nation.
My Father is from Pittsburgh, hence that is why we moved here, but he couldn't convert me into a Steeler fan, so when he and I watch the Raiders and Steelers play, it becomes a war (but friendly).

The Raider Nation also has a unique bond, some say we are like the Mob, once you're in the Raider Family, the only way out, is if you die...
Raider Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Nation
My Father is from Pittsburgh, hence that is why we moved here, but he couldn't convert me into a Steeler fan, so when he and I watch the Raiders and Steelers play, it becomes a war (but friendly).

The Raider Nation also has a unique bond, some say we are like the Mob, once you're in the Raider Family, the only way out, is if you die...
Hey, I won't judge for being a fan of the dark side of the force. J/K

A good friend of mine is a Raiders fan. Now his family is all Bears fans except for him. But he always stuck by the Raiders even the last few years when things havn't gone so well for the Silver and Black. Yea, I get some digs on him as well but like you said in a friendly way.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Raider Nation
Water Boy
 
Raider Nation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So Cal 2 Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 35
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2535
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Hey, I won't judge for being a fan of the dark side of the force. J/K

A good friend of mine is a Raiders fan. Now his family is all Bears fans except for him. But he always stuck by the Raiders even the last few years when things havn't gone so well for the Silver and Black. Yea, I get some digs on him as well but like you said in a friendly way.

We've been getting alot of digs towards us, but as a die hard fan, I just let those digs slide of my back All teams go through their slumps, you can't be on top forever, but for what it's worth, the Raiders are still the winningest team in the NFL even though we only have 3 SB rings...
Raider Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Nation
We've been getting alot of digs towards us, but as a die hard fan, I just let those digs slide of my back All teams go through their slumps, you can't be on top forever, but for what it's worth, the Raiders are still the winningest team in the NFL even though we only have 3 SB rings...
The Raiders are one of the great organizations in NFL history no doubt. Uncle Al help build the NFL in what it has become today. So, when I take shots at Raiders fans I'm just joking around. Of course any team goes through slumps from time to time. Getting rid of Norv Turner was a step into the right direction for sure for the Raiders.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
Raider Nation
Water Boy
 
Raider Nation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So Cal 2 Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 35
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2535
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
The Raiders are one of the great organizations in NFL history no doubt. Uncle Al help build the NFL in what it has become today. So, when I take shots at Raiders fans I'm just joking around. Of course any team goes through slumps from time to time. Getting rid of Norv Turner was a step into the right direction for sure for the Raiders.
Thanks for the kind words towards Al Davis .

I also have respect for the Steelers pre-Ben era (Sorry)...

As for Norv, I don't hate him, I just don't think he was the type of coach to lead a team like the Raiders.

And for Art Shell, I favored him over Wizenhunt, because he knows the Raider organization and he had a winning record when Al fired him (BIG MISTAKE that Al even admits)

Al Davis now, alot of people don't understand the passion he has for the Raiders, his passion is hardcore and he should NEVER be compared to Jerry Jones...
Raider Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

Pretty much already answered this question in this thread.... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8233
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #9
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter
 
CAH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: near Uniontown, PA
Posts: 318
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2409
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

My home is Uniontown, PA and have been a Steeler fan all of my life. My father was a Steeler fan, as are my children and grandchildren. It is a passion in our family.

I've liked other teams on occasion as second teams but they were NEVER above the Steelers and when they play us, I want them to lose big time. As for the Raiders, the only teams that rank lower than them are the 3 teams in our division.

Sorry I didn't say anything nice about the Raiders but to each his own. Everyone should be loyal to their own team and that I respect. I don't like bandwagoners, which you don't seem to be at all.
CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:19 AM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend
 
Koopa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Coast Born, That Mean I'm Texas Raised
Posts: 3,439
Gender: Male
Member Number: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Where do you live?

well i'm third coast born, that mean i'm texas raisded, texas mother****er tha'ts wher i stay. i became a steelers fan in 2000, caused that's when i started likeing footvall and decided to jump on this bandwagon. this will be my 7th season rooting for the mighty black and gold chea
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts