Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Very sloppy play

First of all Happy New Year to all of you and your families.

Now, I'll give you an opportunity to flame me. This game was atrocious. One of the most boring games I've watched in a long time.
If this is an indication of the momentum the Steelers built going into the playoffs, I'm sorry to say that I'm very worried. I haven't seen any kind of offense. If it was not for the D, we could have lost against the Browns. And coaching was once again, very poor.
I cannot be optimistic knowing that the Steelers will go to Denver next week. I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen, we could very well be a 1 and out team this year. I know that the Broncos are not a very good team but we are not a good team either.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,344 Times in 4,145 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Very sloppy play

I'd have to think the play-calling on offense was just to get Roethlisberger ready for the playoffs. I think this was just a practice for them. It will turn out ok, but it's not going to be easy.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

I agree. I wonder if Ben is gonna go all out next week or not. I know he is our guy, but if he is going to play like that, then I'd much rather have Charlie play (though that will never happen). I am trying not too get to upset because a lot of the blame goes to our offensive line. They all look out of shape and seem to play with no desire.
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
First of all Happy New Year to all of you and your families.

Now, I'll give you an opportunity to flame me. This game was atrocious. One of the most boring games I've watched in a long time.
If this is an indication of the momentum the Steelers built going into the playoffs, I'm sorry to say that I'm very worried. I haven't seen any kind of offense. If it was not for the D, we could have lost against the Browns. And coaching was once again, very poor.
I cannot be optimistic knowing that the Steelers will go to Denver next week. I hope I'm wrong but from what I've seen, we could very well be a 1 and out team this year. I know that the Broncos are not a very good team but we are not a good team either.
Well, going ultra conservative on Offense has been a multi year problem when ahead in the second half, which needs to be fixed.. Problem is the leaders er coaches are not going anywhere and unless it comes from the Rooneys on top that is not going to change unless a revelation occurs and they have the enlightenment that if you makie the game out of reach stuff is hard to happen

As far as sloppy, NO WAY, they played hard played conservative (loser philosophy unless greatly overmatched) and this time again they luckily won...................

let the real games begin and please do not allow Tebow any chance for a comeback, smother em every down on both sides of the ball, do you here me Tomlin
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
steelersfan77
Starter

Member Number: 10585
My Mood: Breezy

I think the time is coming to concentrate on the building of a new offensive line. This organization needs to if they're going to prolong Ben's career. Take Pouncey and Gilbert and continue to build around them. I think that needs to be the first pick taken by the Steelers in the draft next year. There should and always be some good ones late in the first and second rounds. The guards aren't that good, Kemo, Foster and Essex.

I thought Essex took Kemo's spot?
steelersfan77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
rich4eagle
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77 View Post
I think the time is coming to concentrate on the building of a new offensive line. This organization needs to if they're going to prolong Ben's career. Take Pouncey and Gilbert and continue to build around them. I think that needs to be the first pick taken by the Steelers in the draft next year. There should and always be some good ones late in the first and second rounds. The guards aren't that good, Kemo, Foster and Essex.

I thought Essex took Kemo's spot?
Get off the offensive line crap unless you want to be like the Browns, spend all your money on the Oline and lose every year.................the OL is dime a dozen and it is proven and the Steeler Philosopy as is is a MASSIVE winner

so yu want to lose with an awesome OL that cannot block for slugs?????????????

that is what Cleveland has done for years
Old 01-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I'd have to think the play-calling on offense was just to get Roethlisberger ready for the playoffs. I think this was just a practice for them. It will turn out ok, but it's not going to be easy.
Never thought of it this way. That makes sense. Getting Ben tuned up for the playoffs.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
rich4eagle
Starter

Ben did OK today and he is getting mobile again, but I was disappointed in the prevent you from winning offense the fourth Q
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Ben was not spot on today, fumbles and a timely penalty or two was costly. But lets not forget the Browns play us harder than anyone. Its a divisional game and they want to beat us at all costs. We did ok last weekend against the Rams at home but they are no better than the Browns but look what they did today against one of their divisional opponents the 49ers. They gave them all they could handle.

Do not underestimate any divisional team esp. on their turf. Furthermore do not underestimate a good Bronco defense and a better than average running game which BTW is our Defenses weakest link this year.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

We can only hope that the play calling was to knock the rust off Ben. I will say it was good to see the run game rolling....I am not worried about Mendy, we still have Redman and Clay (who has been impressive)

We play Denver who has a good D and a shitty offense. As long as Ben takes advantage earlier and our D plays like they have the second half the season, we will be fine.